• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Re: E3 2013 Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Nintendo made a surprise, and somewhat odd announcement about the next Smash Bros. games at the end of its E3 2013 Wii U Software Showcase. The company announced that the female Wii Fit Trainer character will be in the game, and believe it or not, playable.

It better be Assist Trophy.

https://vines.s3.amazonaws.com/v/videos/68C7065B-E1FE-4245-A819-E3F4BDDFC0FE-22848-00000EED127394B7_1.1.2.mp4?versionId=O9Ld4ul13RTo7.rnSxByeh_8X09YHLAE

Mario Party X said:
Nintendo made a surprise, and somewhat odd announcement about the next Smash Bros. games at the end of its E3 2013 Wii U Software Showcase. The company announced that the female Wii Fit Trainer character will be in the game, and believe it or not, playable.

Hey, she might actually turn out to be cool. Maybe.

But it doesn't look like she is an assist trophy if they confirmed it like this and all.

Well, that'll be...interesting, to say the least.

New Super Mario said:
Mario Party X said:

But it doesn't look like she is an assist trophy if they confirmed it like this and all.

The part that is italicized, is that really what they said or is it some assumption?

Mario Party X said:
New Super Mario said:
Mario Party X said:

The part that is italicized, is that really what they said or is it some assumption?
I don't know, that's what it says there.

And the whole video had the "Wii Fit Trainer weighs in" just like Mega Man and the Villager had their little things like "comes to town".

I'd say the thing is legit.

I wonder if this means there will be a Wii Series kind of thing. The represenatives being the Trainer AND Miis. I could possibly see that being there.

lol what

I have no idea how the hell that will work, but ok.

Polygon Gaming News said:
The character will utilize "moves that really are quite healthy for her," Project Sora's Masahiro Sakurai said during the showcase before demoing the game live before the audience. He wasn't kidding — in one maneuver, Wii Fit Trainer performed a yoga stretch lunge, striking an opponent in her path.

You know what, after thinking more about it, I actually kind of like it. I think she'll be a really cool and unique character.

That is a fucking insult to all fans. "You want an actual character you love? Here, take a fucking generic character who can kill people with yoga".

Hobbes said:
That is a fucking insult to all fans. "You want an actual character you love? Here, take a fucking generic character who can kill people with yoga".
It will only be an insult if they don't give us all the other characters we want. :P

New Super Mario said:
Hobbes said:
It will only be an insult if they don't give us all the other characters we want. :P

Which will happen.

I'm hoping that it's not really a character but just an assist trophy, but we'll see. I don't know why they would include Wii Fit Trainer in the game like this, and I'll be more annoyed if they include the male version as a separate character.

...but I guess it'll be fine. I'm sure that many fans are upset right now if she really is a playable character in the end, but if so, just don't play as her. I'm sure that it was a little awkward when some characters like ROB came in last time, and as long as they don't do this TOO much, I think we'll be fine.

Hobbes said:

Come on, I wouldn't go that far. I mean, sure, it's kind of an out-there choice, but it's not like one character makes the entire game bad. I'm sure there will be other great newcomers yet to be announced.

MCS said:
Hobbes said:

Come on, I wouldn't go that far. I mean, sure, it's kind of an out-there choice, but it's not like one character makes the entire game bad. I'm sure there will be other great newcomers yet to be announced.
Yeah, some of you guys are being pretty negative about it. I think she'll be pretty cool, actually.

Uh...that's...surprising.

I have no real problem with it, though.

'3Kraid said:
Copper said:
Think I saw an Arena Ferox stage

screen-7.jpg

?
Just to check, I went and looked at the gallery in Awakening and by the looks of it, I'd say Crash is spot-on about this being Arena Ferox. Note the stonework, the patterns on the platforms and such, the crowd, and if I squint, I think I can see the Brand of the Exalt on the flag between Fox's and Pit's heads.

Why Arena Ferox of all the Awakening stages? I think they could've gone for something more memorable like the Mila Tree.

Booker said:
Why Arena Ferox of all the Awakening stages? I think they could've gone for something more memorable like the Mila Tree.
I don't mind Arena Ferox really. I think it will be fine. Maybe Basillio and Flavia can make some cameos.

Well, I guess Wii Fit Trainer isn't that bad.

Though I'm laughing at when they said "no one could have expected to see this character."

Back