• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Re: E3 2013 Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

I'm sure most of the characters from Brawl are returning.

The Original 12 are a no-brainer
As are I believe the characters from Melee that returned in Brawl
And I don't see any reason to remove most of the characters that were Newcomers in Brawl. The only one I can kinda see possibly on the chopping block is Lucario. And that's only because if they decide to cut him the same way they did Mewtwo.

Two things I noticed through the Screenshots and trailers

1.) Did anyone notice there weren't any pics of him for the 3DS version? Maybe he's a Wii U exclusive?

2.) Does anyone else think that since there's a boxing ring stage, Little Mac might be in the game? I won't hold my breath, since there were stages in Brawl that didn't have a character to represent them, but I'd love it.

Was I the only one who thought the 3DS one kinda looked weird. Like I don't know, something about the black outline on the characters I didn't really like. Unless there is some extra bonuses for getting the 3DS one, I probably only get the Wii U version.

EDIT:

And Smashgoom, the official site already confirmed Mega Man to be on the 3DS as well.

Northern Verve said:

And I don't see any reason to remove most of the characters that were Newcomers in Brawl. The only one I can kinda see possibly on the chopping block is Lucario. And that's only because if they decide to cut him the same way they did Mewtwo.
What about Toon Link?

Smashgoom202 said:

1.) Did anyone notice there weren't any pics of him for the 3DS version? Maybe he's a Wii U exclusive?

2.) Does anyone else think that since there's a boxing ring stage, Little Mac might be in the game? I won't hold my breath, since there were stages in Brawl that didn't have a character to represent them, but I'd love it.

Well, there was an Animal Crossing stage in Brawl, but no Animal Crossing characters appeared...

Toon Link might be on the chopping block too.

Smashgoom202 said:
No he's in the 3DS version as well.

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2013/06/mega-man-confirmed-for-smash-bros.html

General Zod said:
Northern Verve said:

What about Toon Link?

Oh yeah that's true I suppose. Toon Link might possibly be one to cut.

cryoAwakening said:
Smashgoom202 said:

Well, there was an Animal Crossing stage in Brawl, but no Animal Crossing characters appeared...

Toon Link might be on the chopping block too.
Yeah Toon Link should be replaced by Ghirahim, or if they add Ghirahim also, then maybe Young Link with a mask-based moveset.

New Super Mario said:
Yeah Toon Link should be replaced by Ghirahim, or if they add Ghirahim also, then maybe Young Link with a mask-based moveset.

Hell no.

Midna or Fi.

Wait, no...

GROOSE FOR SSB4!

'3Kraid said:
Smashgoom202 said:
No he's in the 3DS version as well.

http://www.rockman-corner.com/2013/06/mega-man-confirmed-for-smash-bros.html
I'm... not seeing any screenshots or anything proving the AC villager is in the 3DS version. In fact, that article was mostly about Mega Man.

cryoAwakening said:
New Super Mario said:

Hell no.

Midna or Fi.

Wait, no...

GROOSE FOR SSB4!
Come on, you can't say that Ghirahim wouldn't look awesome in this game. And he's way more important than those. They can be Assists Trophies, but Ghirahim get's the playable spot.

New Super Mario said:
Come on, you can't say that Ghirahim wouldn't look awesome in this game. And he's way more important than those. They can be Assists Trophies, but Ghirahim get's the playable spot.

Ghirahim was just a...creep. He was so flamboyant and so weird...I really don't want to have to deal with sir crazy...

cryoAwakening said:
New Super Mario said:

Ghirahim was just a...creep. He was so flamboyant and so weird...I really don't want to have to deal with sir crazy...
I loved that about him! He was such a unique and quirky character. He could have such a cool role in the game's story mode.

And Fi, I like her, but she has NO personality. Of course, I admit,

I did cry a little at the end with her and the sword with Link and everything

New Super Mario said:
cryoAwakening said:
New Super Mario said:

I loved that about him! He was such a unique and quirky character. He could have such a cool role in the game's story mode.

And Fi, I like her, but she has NO personality. Of course, I admit,

I did cry a little at the end with her and the sword with Link and everything

I know; I wasn't being serious about Fi being a character, as she would be so much better as an assist trophy, but I'm serious about Midna since she had a lot of potential to be in the game.

I would be on the ground laughing if Groose was a playable character. I might just die of hiliariousity.

About that pic I posted. The board showed seven characters not shown in the trailer. The website has galleries for all the characters. At the bottom of each gallery are picture links to individual galleries. There are seven blank slots currently. Probably a coincidence, but just saiyan.

cryoAwakening said:
New Super Mario said:

27tecH5.jpg

General Zod said:
About that pic I posted. The board showed seven characters not shown in the trailer. The website has galleries for all the characters. At the bottom of each gallery are picture links to individual galleries. There are seven blank slots currently. Probably a coincidence, but just saiyan.

You're not thinking that the game will only have 19 characters total are you? Because that could just mean that's the size of the starting roster. They could add the hidden ones later. I'm pretty sure Brawl's Dojo did something similar.

Northern Verve said:
General Zod said:

You're not thinking that the game will only have 19 characters total are you? Because that could just mean that's the size of the starting roster. They could add the hidden ones later. I'm pretty sure Brawl's Dojo did something similar.
I said currently. I know there will be more.

Do we know if the wrestling/boxing/whatever ring belongs to a certain franchise, like Punch-Out? Or could it Mt. DeDeDe? 'Cause I'd be cool with either.

FYI, I'd totally love to see Girahim in Super Smash Bros.!
Even though Demise is kind of the true antagonist of Skyward Sword...

Midna would be nice, though I think less relevant. Fi so so freaking boring and bland, and the way she talks is so ridiculous, I wouldn't care if I never see or hear from her again.

Groose, though? I don't know how they'd make it work, but I would flip my shit if they did! Groose should be in every new Zelda game.

Angry-Midna-the-princess-of-twilight-25574037-992-1323.jpg

She's all primed.

And at least she would have a good final smash:

midnafusedshadows.bmp

But her chances decreased majorly just because Twilight Princess was around Brawl time, and probably would have had a better chance in Brawl than in this game.

'3Kraid said:
Do we know if the wrestling/boxing/whatever ring belongs to a certain franchise, like Punch-Out? Or could it Mt. DeDeDe? 'Cause I'd be cool with either.
I believe I already tried to address this, but the stage seems purely Super Smash Bros.-themed.

I'm ready to Smash.

Man it's about time this was revealed.

Back