• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I don't mind Sonic being in.

Nice to see how the Pilotwings stage will work

Northern Verve said:
I wonder what this means for 3rd party reps in general.

Will Sonic and Megaman be the only 3rd parties? If there's a third 3rd Party rep, will it be Snake or Pac-Man? Could there be 4 3rd parties? (That would be in the case that Snake and Pac-Man are both in)

I doubt it will go up to 4. I wouldn't mind seeing three, and I would content with 2, but 4 would just be an overkill, unless they had like more than 50 playable characters.

Also, dunno why everyone is getting so excited about Sonic. He was destined to return to SSB4, and really is not at all a surprise. It would have been one of the worse moves on Nintendo's part to not put Sonic in SSB4 after delaying SSBB for Sonic's addition.

Xerneas said:
Also, dunno why everyone is getting so excited about Sonic. He was destined to return to SSB4, and really is not at all a surprise.

You're right, his inclusion was a no-brainer.

Doesn't mean I won't be excited to see a character that I really like return, though.

Xerneas said:
Also, dunno why everyone is getting so excited about Sonic. He was destined to return to SSB4, and really is not at all a surprise. It would have been one of the worse moves on Nintendo's part to not put Sonic in SSB4 after delaying SSBB for Sonic's addition.

Combination that alot of us just really like him or are glad it's finally confirmed he's back. Plus it gets in the face of any doubters who said Sonic is a Brawl exclusive :P

Like I said in another thread: whoever thought Sonic was going anywhere was clearly in denial. Of course he was going to return. It doesn't bother me; I actually got very happy when I knew he was going to be a newcomer in Brawl. The thing is that he is an awful fighter, and that's why I'm not exactly happy this time around. If we talk about the character itself, not the fighter, then yes, I'm happy he's back.

Anser said:
Like I said in another thread: whoever thought Sonic was going anywhere was clearly in denial. Of course he was going to return. It doesn't bother me; I actually got very happy when I knew he was going to be a newcomer in Brawl. The thing is that he is an awful fighter, and that's why I'm not exactly happy this time around. If we talk about the character itself, not the fighter, then yes, I'm happy he's back.

People who analyzed the short footage we got noted that he seems to have been buffed a bit. Like he has stronger knockback and more capability for combos. So Sonic could possibly already be alot better then he was in Brawl

And don't forget this isn't the finished product quite yet. They could easily tweak Sonic by the time the game comes out.

Did I call that!

And you people didn't believe me.

AND I REALLY HAD THIS FEELING ABOUT SONIC. and they confirmed him.

But I mean, I'm glad he's back, I suppose, even though I hate his playstyle.

New Super Mario said:
Did I call that!

And you people didn't believe me.

AND I REALLY HAD THIS FEELING ABOUT SONIC. and they confirmed him.

But I mean, I'm glad he's back, I suppose, even though I hate his playstyle.

God NSM, calm down.

Tailmon said:
Xerneas said:
Also, dunno why everyone is getting so excited about Sonic. He was destined to return to SSB4, and really is not at all a surprise.

Doesn't mean I won't be excited to see a character that I really like return, though.

I never said you couldn't be excited, I just don't know why people are bending backwards in excitement over this character.

Xerneas said:
Tailmon said:
Xerneas said:

I never said you couldn't be excited, I just don't know why people are bending backwards in excitement over this character.
We all knew it was coming, but the official reveal is like "Finally!"

I'm using Mario, and I'm ready to mow down Mega Man and Sonic with a Super Scope.

That is, if my sister is using Mega Man like she's planning to.

With Sonic confirmed an all I want to say right now. That although I'll continue to love talking about the roster about the next game, I'm already content with things for the most part.

Toon Link and Sonic's reveal has left me optimistic that a vast majority of the Brawl characters will return. I see no more then 3 characters being cut in the end. And we know either way Sakurai's going to try his hardest to keep everyone. You can't deny that most of the characters chosen to be in the Brawl weren't great choices already. With each Smash installment it's actually harder to keep it at only all-stars as Brawl really included alot of the major ones.

And regarding newcomers, I'm already happy enough for the Megaman fans. And there's no newcomer I really really want. So any newcomers announced is just icing on the cake for me.

That said, I'll be awaiting for whatever the planned release date for the game. I'm thinking it will be most likely Q3 and Q4 of next year so that Mario Kart 8 gets a time to shine on it's own in Q2. I assume if we don't have it by next E3, that's when we'll know when it releases.

mewtwo's probably going to get in even if that's fake anyway

If it's a fake, it's excellently well made. I'd like to know where they got that picture from.

I think we're likely to know about Mewtwo's return on October 12, as it's the release day for Pokémon X and Y.

Anser said:
If it's a fake, it's excellently well made. I'd like to know where they got that picture from.

I think we're likely to know about Mewtwo's return on October 12, as it's the release day for Pokémon X and Y.
I could tell in an instant it was fake. They used Mewtwo's artwork from Melee.

^ Definitely a unique poise.

The image looks very well-arranged. I'd be surprised if it was a fake.

Now that I look at the picture along with Mewtwo's Melee artwork, it is a pretty good picture.

I still think it's fake, though.

Back