• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Iggy Koopa Jr said:
I always loved Kirby in the series. I really am impatient the stages in 3DS. But seeing that in the Spirit Tracks platform, Toon Link conducts the train, there will be 2 Toon Links at the same time.

Translation please.

Crackin355 said:
Iggy Koopa Jr said:
I always loved Kirby in the series. I really am impatient the stages in 3DS. But seeing that in the Spirit Tracks platform, Toon Link conducts the train, there will be 2 Toon Links at the same time.

Translation please.

Well SORRY, welcome to my French-speaking world.

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
Crackin355 said:
Iggy Koopa Jr said:

Translation please.

Well SORRY, welcome to my French-speaking world.

I understand there are a few users on here that don't have English as their first language. I was just asking what you meant by that.

Probably not, but we could see more on Toon Link and whether he will be a 'clone' this time

I don't think there will be any Smash news. Maybe some news for Wii U and 3DS titles coming out soon like 3D World or the new Mario Party but none for ssb4.

But I guess I've been surprised before.

Agent Smith said:
Probably not, but we could see more on Toon Link and whether he will be a 'clone' this time
For the last time, Toon Link is not a clone! There are several differences between him and Link.

Toon Link's unique attacks include his up smash, neutral aerial, forward aerial, back aerial, forward throw, and back throw, while his down aerial is a stall-then-fall that meteor smashes, and his forward smash functioning like a multi-hit smash, despite both having similar animations to Link's counterparts. Other moves of theirs have function differences: Toon Link's down tilt hits horizontally while Link's hits vertically and meteor smashes, Toon Link's dash attack semi-spikes and trips while Link's hits vertically, and Toon Link's down smash functions as a multi-hit attack while each slash in Link's is individually powerful. On the other hand, Toon Link's special moves are based on Link's, though his arrows and Boomerang have different aesthetics and functioning (Toon Link's arrows travel much more slowly while hitting vertically, which also applies to Toon Link's Boomerang and additionally doesn't have the tornado effect of Link's boomerang). Toon Link's grounded Spin Attack functions identically to Young Link's in Melee, though the aerial Spin Attack's hitboxes are 99% identical to Link's. For an additional oddity, Toon Link's forward throw wasn't programmed properly (Toon Link's forward throw is considered a Leg attack like Link's even though it's obviously a shoulder tackle). However, they are completely different in their physics and other statistics, such as size, shape, weight, and walking/dashing/falling/air speed.

Tree Fiddy said:
Agent Smith said:
For the last time, Toon Link is not a clone! There are several differences between him and Link.
I actually only used the term for those who insist on calling him that, that's why he's in little commary things

Toon Link is Luigi-fied.

People like Ganondorf, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Roy, Young Link, and Falco from Melee are clones. They share around 99% of the original characters' moveset. Luigi-fied characters share most of the original character's movesets, but they have a few quirks in the B-moveset or in some attacks, so the percentage of shared moves is smaller. It's mostly a case-by-case basis, for me, though.

Guys, I really think there is a slight chance we'll see a character tomorrow.

I mean, they basically said nothing for Smash would be in the Nintendo Direct Luigi was in and he was there.

I think they may slip in something (maybe a new character?)

seeing another character tomorrow isn't likely

but it isn't impossible either

I wouldn't mind seeing some full-fledged battling in some of the stages like Pyrosphere and Garden of Hope. I am tired of trying to figure out what GoH will look like all together, and what that stage hazard is.

Iggy Koopa Jr said:
Sonic? Bad news, everyone.

get out

This is awesome. When Sonic was confirmed for Brawl I was a huge fan and supporter of him so I was really excited when I found out that he was in. Would have been extremely disappointed if he got cut this time, though I was 99% sure he would come back anyway.

So yeah, very happy about this.

That picture of Sonic fighting Mega Man on a Zelda stage made me smile. Too bad we can't see much of the Lost World stage, I assume it'll be some gravity based gimmick stage.

I wonder what this means for 3rd party reps in general.

Will Sonic and Megaman be the only 3rd parties? If there's a third 3rd Party rep, will it be Snake or Pac-Man? Could there be 4 3rd parties? (That would be in the case that Snake and Pac-Man are both in)

Back