Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I hope they are going to add more replicant characters.

Pichu_SSBM.jpg

NSY said:
If Toon Zelda was to be confirmed, I will prevent the game from being released until she is out.
Can you put a clip of you doing so on YouTube, you could get a tonne of hits.

I don't know about you guys, but the confirmation of Toon Link has actually made me more optimistic regarding the roster. If Toon Link of all characters is going to be back. I think there's an even smaller number of maxinum of cuts from Brawl. I'm willing to say what was once 5 cuts from Brawl was the maximum. Has been lowered down to three.

I'd even say absolutely no cuts is even possible if Sakurai can find a way. Not that it's the most likely thing in the world. But Toon Link has actually raised my hopes for this roster. (Which always has been little to no cuts from Brawl and a decent (To be precise, a maxinum of 10) amount of Newcomers.)

The thing is, why not Toon Link? Wind Waker HD is releasing quite soon, already in some countries.

what have you got against clones

they just want to be like everyone else

Let's give all of Toon Link's abilities to Link because he apparently sucks.

Sound good? No need for a clone if that was the case. Right?

Northern Verve said:
I don't know about you guys, but the confirmation of Toon Link has actually made me more optimistic regarding the roster. If Toon Link of all characters is going to be back. I think there's an even smaller number of maxinum of cuts from Brawl. I'm willing to say what was once 5 cuts from Brawl was the maximum. Has been lowered down to three.

I'd even say absolutely no cuts is even possible if Sakurai can find a way. Not that it's the most likely thing in the world. But Toon Link has actually raised my hopes for this roster. (Which always has been little to no cuts from Brawl and a decent (To be precise, a maxinum of 10) amount of Newcomers.)
Interesting theory. I can see Lucario, Lucas, and Ike/Snake/R.O. B. being cut.

I wouldn't want them to be cut though. Unless Lucario being cut means Mewtwo.

GalacticPetey said:
Northern Verve said:

Interesting theory. I can see Lucario, Lucas, and Ike/Snake/R.O. B. being cut.

I wouldn't want them to be cut though. Unless Lucario being cut means Mewtwo.

Toon Link confirms to us that there is no such thing as a guaranteed cut now. All the characters playable in Brawl have at least a 50% chance.

I'd even argue Snake is more likely then most 3rd parties. (He's far out prioritized by Sonic if it's limited to only two again though. And if there's three spots arguably Pac-Man might take his place. But no other 3rd party has more chances of taking Snake's spot. If there's four 3rd party spots though, expect Snake to be back)

I don't know why everyone sees Lucas being cut. He's not even that much of a clone of Ness, at least, not compared to Toon Link and Link and we already got Toon Link back. Lucario I can see being replaced by Mewtwo, but both of them have Mega forms, so it's anyone's guess. Guess we'll find out on Pokemon X/Y's release day when such an announcement is likely to happen. Ike will probably be replaced with Chrom, Snake and R.O.B. are most likely out.

Kellam said:
I don't know why everyone sees Lucas being cut. He's not even that much of a clone of Ness, at least, not compared to Toon Link and Link and we already got Toon Link back.
Agreed. Although I don't even consider Ness & Lucas even CLOSE to semi-clones.

Also, to quote what I said in another topic...
Timmy said:
Don't really see how Ness & Lucas are clones when all they share are Forward Smash, Up Air, and the Special moves (except for Flash/Freeze), but even then, the differences of most of these moves are actually NOTABLE ASIDE from speed/power.
They even have a different playstyle. Lucas is more meant to stay on the ground, whereas Ness is meant for the air. =P
Most of their animations anyways are different, lol
Lucas' attacks are more PSI-like than Ness' as well. =P
And their recovery options are completely different; Lucas has a lot more options for recovery (there's more than just the Rope Snake lol).

Sorry if I seem really defensive on these 2 being labeled as (semi-)clones, lol

Ness and Lucas are like Marth and Ike.

In otherwise, I would REALLY hate to see him cut

I like how when Wii Fit Trainer was introduced and a lot of people were complaining (like me) that she took up a space for a character that could have been used for someone else, and how everyone was like "then just don't play as her and just have fun like that."

But suddenly Toon Link is revealed - who have very similar moves (which do have some notable differences) - is just being shunned for stepping into SSB4 because it wastes a space for a better character, and yada yada.

I am really happy that Toon Link is back. I think that at least Toon Link was the least clone-y of the clones, and people just criticizing his return just for same reasons we can criticize other characters. So whoopdedoo that Toon Link is confirmed; don't play as him if you don't like him. As SonicMario stated, it basically shows that not many characters are probably going to be cut, and so unless the only character you would be willing to play as is a character that could be a potential newcomer that may or may not be in it, then why give a crap?

Besides, Zelda does deserve the 4 representation since it's one of the 3 biggest 1st party series for Nintendo, but honestly there are just some characters in the series that really wouldn't fit (talking about Ghirahim, who appeared in only 1 game that does not really make sense to include just for this one game), so I think that Toon Link was a good fit in the game.

Yeah, I'm going to agree with Reversinator. Toon Link was probably one of the more "clone-ier" ones.

Back