Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
At least they're the first Mario sub-series after the platformers and Mario Kart to get a stage.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS said:
That doesn't mean "Oh, let's NEVER reference them and completely shaft them in everything but Smash."

You know, there are several sub series of smash that never get mentioned and nobody complains about that. Maybe you should learn something from that.

Lumastar said:
At least they're the first Mario sub-series after the platformers and Mario Kart to get a stage.
That alone should speak for their popularity. If Smash, which has to share its stage selection among the entirety of Nintendo, can do it, why can't the ones which only focus on Mario do it? But that's an argument I've been over and over too much, and this thread isn't the place for it really.

Lumastar said:

yeah

you shouldn't be ----ing complaining and itching about rpg representation when mario party gets even less acknowledgement than them

Baby Luigi said:
Lumastar said:

yeah

you shouldn't be ----ing complaining and itching about rpg representation when mario party gets even less acknowledgement than them
You're joking, right? You don't sound like yourself. You sound like an old enemy...

I'm all for a Mario Party stage, but there's a reason that so many people want more RPG representation.

Lumastar said:
I'm all for a Mario Party stage, but there's a reason that so many people want more RPG representation.

are you talking about the delusional geno, fawful, dimentio, fans who won't buy smash bros. because their pathetic favorite isn't in it or acknowledged in it?

Baby Luigi said:
Lumastar said:

yeah

Look on the bright side, Mario Party has potential for a Wii U stage.

that's true. hell the smash bros. series is way too long overdue for a new stage

Lumastar said:
That alone should speak for their popularity. If Smash, which has to share its stage selection among the entirety of Nintendo, can do it, why can't the ones which only focus on Mario do it? But that's an argument I've been over and over too much, and this thread isn't the place for it really.

I don't know, why is wrecking crew never referenced? Or Mario Party, Dr Mario, Mario vs Donkey kong, wario land, and many other side series?

This is what pisses me off everytime you bring up this shit, its not just that your arguments are extremely whiny, but its that you act like the rpgs are some kind of abused minority left out in the cold to rot while everyone else is inside enjoying hot coco. Its a bunch of cropped up horseshit of an annoyingly vocal fanbase that makes me want to be like the Iron Shiek and break their backs and make them humble.

Baby Luigi said:
Lumastar said:

are you talking about the delusional geno, fawful, dimentio, fans who won't buy smash bros. because their pathetic favorite isn't in it or acknowledged in it?
No. I'm just saying that the RPGs are still a major part of the Mario spin-offs and have gained a cult following that deserves to be acknowledged (even if a good portion of it is delusional).

Mcmadness said:
Lumastar said:

I don't know, why is wrecking crew never referenced? Or Mario Party, Dr Mario, Mario vs Donkey kong, wario land, and many other side series?

This is what pisses me off everytime you bring up this shit, its not just that your arguments are extremely whiny, but its that you act like the rpgs are some kind of abused minority left out in the cold to rot while everyone else is inside enjoying hot coco. Its a bunch of cropped up horseshit of an annoyingly vocal fanbase that makes me want to be like the Iron Shiek and break their backs and make them humble.
A Wario Land stage is long overdue. I wouldn't mind more representation form the others, either.

Mcmadness said:
Lumastar said:

This is what pisses me off everytime you bring up this *bleep*, its not just that your arguments are extremely whiny, but its that you act like the rpgs are some kind of abused minority left out in the cold to rot while everyone else is inside enjoying hot coco. Its a bunch of cropped up horse*bleep* of an annoyingly vocal fanbase that makes me want to be like the Iron Shiek and break their backs and make them humble.
Wrecking Crew gets that music from the Golden Hammer for starters... And Dr. Mario is playable... ah yes, Dr. Mario IS that niche character.

Needs more Mini-Marios though. They can kick all those RPG characters to hell knows where.

Why stop at video games? Why not have representation on the only long-running Mario nongame medium, Super Mario-Kun, running since the early '90s? That gets absolutely zilch acknowledgement. I understand why the other Mario nongame media don't get acknowledgement, because they're pretty short-lived, and there hasn't been a new one in such a long time. But somehow, Sawada, the author for the manga still has the license to do Mario thing, so something's working on Super Mario-Kun part.

Hell, why not nongame medium representation in general, especially those acknowledged by Nintendo?

Well I more meant non smash but you get my point.

Mcmadness said:
Well, both nonsmash and Smash need more Mario vs. Donkey Kong love. Mini-Marios could've made great Assist Trophies.

Mario also needs to use NES controllers as nunchuks (at one point in the manga...).

Dr. Mario said:
Mcmadness said:
Well, both nonsmash and Smash need more Mario vs. Donkey Kong love. Mini-Marios could've made great Assist Trophies.

Mario also needs to use NES controllers as nunchuks (at one point in the manga...).
I support this.

Maybe the Wii U version will get a MvDK stage due to the GBA Virtual Console and the upcoming game.

Dr. Mario said:
Needs more Mini-Marios though. They can kick all those RPG characters to hell knows where.
As for MvsDK representation I would think Pauline would be a better choice than more Mario's. But I never said the RPG characters can kick any other character, so I don't see why you're talking like that.

Dr. Mario said:
As for MvsDK representation I would think Pauline would be a better choice than more Mario's. But I never said the RPG characters can kick any other character, so I don't see why you're talking like that.
I really have a thing for Mini-Marios. And no, you haven't said that RPG characters can kick other characters, but Mini-Marios don't get as much love as the RPG characters, which makes me kind of bitter. I think Mini-Marios are better suited to Mario vs. Donkey Kong representation because they are the focal point of those games.

Dr. Mario said:

Its the fact you act like they are some ignored minority is what makes it so infuriating. I mean how would you like it if I went into every rpg board and bitched about certain characters from the main series never getting in them?

but Pauline has both been around longer (and yes I consider original Donkey Kong the beginning of the Mario vs DK series) and just seems better suited to be in spinoffs than Mini-Mario's (which are fine as playable characters in the newer MvsDK games), but just don't seem fitting as playables in other spinoffs. I mean as much as I want RPG representation I wouldn't want say, a Squig to become playable, it just wouldn't fit.

Mcmadness said:
Its the fact you act like they are some ignored minority is what makes it so infuriating. I mean how would you like it if I went into every rpg board and bitched about certain characters from the main series never getting in them?
It really wouldn't bother me as I'm not against the main series characters being in the RPGs.

But a lot of them don't and for the most part nobody complains. And yet when the opposite occurs you throw a damn hissy fit.

Because those characters are already Mario icons, famous because they're in a popular game. And the ones that aren't do have fans that complain. I hear a lot of people wishing Wart was in more stuff. Even the ones who are in everything (Daisy) have fans who complain she isn't in enough games. But for the most part, people have no need to complain. But fans of the RPG characters who are not recognized as famous Mario characters because they're not in a popular game, wish they could get more exposure by being in one of the spinoffs that are more popular.

Because those characters are already Mario icons, famous because they're in a popular game. And the ones that aren't do have fans that complain. I hear a lot of people wishing Wart was in more stuff. Even the ones who are in everything (Daisy) have fans who complain she isn't in enough games. But for the most part, people have no need to complain. But fans of the RPG characters who are not recognized as famous Mario characters because they're not in a popular game, wish they could get more exposure by being in one of the spinoffs that are more popular.

Which brings us back to the fact that its not the only spin off series thats ignored, and thats not even getting into the fact that the entire reason spin offs exist is to see the main characters of the franchise in a new light, not for some minor characters most people don't give a fuck about that were never intended to exist beyond the games they were created for.

Mcmadness said:
not for some minor characters most people don't give a fuck about that were never intended to exist beyond the games they were created for.
This is why I argue about it. I give a fuck. And I know many others who do as well. Mario was never intended to exist beyond Donkey Kong. Peach and Bowser were never intended to exist beyond Super Mario Bros. That logic is flawed.

Mcmadness said:

Which brings us back to the fact that its not the only spin off series thats ignored, and thats not even getting into the fact that the entire reason spin offs exist is to see the main characters of the franchise in a new light, not for some minor characters most people don't give a fuck about that were never intended to exist beyond the games they were created for.
Unique characters are one of the best things about the Mario RPGs. Some of them may be a bit overrated, but you can't deny their importance to the Mario RPGs.

Back