• Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
supermariofan said:
Gregor said:
King Harkinian said:
Why isn't Chrom a playable character? He's the second protagonist in Fire Emblem.
Because Chrom is in Robin's Smash?(Off-topic: what is "second protagonist" supposed to mean)

Also, even with the Landmaster, I'm pretty sure Falco, Fox, and Wolf's versions all differ a bit anyways.
Secondary protagonist is kind of a supporting role but has a lot of importance as much as the main character like Dustin Hoffman in Midnight Cowboy, Montgomery Clift in From Here to Eternity, Peter O'Toole in Becket, Michael Caine in Sleuth, Robert Redford in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Peter Finch in Network, etc
..that wasn't what I meant. Yay for me having stupid wording.

But if that's gonna be the subject, I usually saw Chrom as at least equal to Robin.

Ok, I've changed my opinion on the demo. My current list is:

Mario > Pikachu > Link > Mega Man = Villager

Mario is just sooooo fun to use. I find it very easy to combo with him.

Pikachu's aerials are amazing. My god dat bair.

Link is very strong, and can KO opponents pretty easily.

Mega Man is really tricky and takes some getting used to, but is very fun after some practice.

Villager has very interesting moves, but doesn't have a lot of KO moves besides his fsmash and Timber (which are both pretty hard to hit with). His recovery is absolutely amazing though.

Yeah, he's definitely better than he was in Brawl, not sure about Melee though because I haven't played it as much. I'm interested to see how Doc plays in this version.

Fire Emblem Character said:
Yeah, he's definitely better than he was in Brawl, not sure about Melee though because I haven't played it as much. I'm interested to see how Doc plays in this version.
Doc was actually considered much better than standard Mario in Melee. In Melee, Mario is ranked 14 while Doc is ranked 9.

GalacticPetey said:
Fire Emblem Character said:
Doc was actually considered much better than standard Mario in Melee. In Melee, Mario is ranked 14 while Doc is ranked 9.
It's no use talking about mere tier positions, though. It's a good relative indicator, but I wouldn't use specific tier positions to evaluate characters.

Fair enough. But I did always find Doc more enjoyable than Mario.

Guess what, some people are digging though the ROM. They found these.
EL2JT9L.png

8OvNlkf.png

Their titles are "chr_10_page_1.tex (AFE29875-55.bin)_0" and "chr_10_page_2.tex (AFE29875-56.bin)_0".

Character page 2? Maybe these are old data, but still interesting.

GalacticPetey said:

EL2JT9L.png

8OvNlkf.png

Their titles are "chr_10_page_1.tex (AFE29875-55.bin)_0" and "chr_10_page_2.tex (AFE29875-56.bin)_0".

If DLC Characters is a thing, could be clues that there's a 2nd character page to add more later on. I'm not saying that's what it is for sure. But certainly something to watch for.

GalacticPetey said:

EL2JT9L.png

8OvNlkf.png

Where are these found? I mean, the context counts. If they're found in a certain spot, that can be a case for DLC or just unused icons.

Dr. Mario said:
GalacticPetey said:

EL2JT9L.png

8OvNlkf.png

Where are these found? I mean, the context counts. If they're found in a certain spot, that can be a case for DLC or just unused icons.
Apparently along with all the other character selection screen icons.

GalacticPetey said:
Dr. Mario said:
GalacticPetey said:

EL2JT9L.png

8OvNlkf.png

Apparently along with all the other character selection screen icons.
Considering we have empty spaces, does that mean maybe they can be filled with something?

I wouldn't hold my breath for it, for I am mostly satisfied with the roster. But, maybe more digging around can be more conclusive.

yoshiking14x said:
Is it true that there are no DLC for the game?

it's not confirmed nor deconfirmed as far as i know

GalacticPetey said:
A lot of people are saying this is the best Mario's ever been in Smash (besides project M where's he's stupidly easy to combo with).

I find Mario to be the best in 64.

Cirdec said:
GalacticPetey said:
A lot of people are saying this is the best Mario's ever been in Smash (besides project M where's he's stupidly easy to combo with).

I find Mario to be the best in 64.
I still find quite a bit of faults in his game though. Plus Pikachu's moves seem to have priority over every move. But it's mainly the fact that he is a lot quicker and can combo much easier that makes him better.

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. We've improved the Fighter Records window to make it easier to browse through. I'm assuming you'll be building up your records fast once you start playing the game.

zlCfzSdAfjMOI_gs25

It must be hard to find hiding spots considering his size

Sakurai is obviously toying with fans. My guess is he's DLC and he has a character trophy.

BTW, does anyone know if there's an option in the full game to change jump to L?

Can people seriously drop the idea of DLC? It wouldn't work across two systems and all it's making people do is continuously bicker about a NPC.

Ninelevendo said:
Can people seriously drop the idea of DLC? It wouldn't work across two systems and all it's making people do is continuously bicker about a NPC.
This so much.

Like yeah, some characters didn't get in, and I feel sorry for you. But, if all you're going to do is bicker and complain, then why should I care?

Back