Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
So, Smash for 3DS sold over 1 million copies alone in Japan just for the first two days.

I definitely see this boasting tons of sales.

10614119_332883710218649_3522946285032053506_n.png

Honestly I don't think the 3DS hit the Wii U's roster that much. The reason why both games have the same roster is to keep the games balanced so you can simply main the same characters for both games and people who only play one version have full access to all the characters the game has to offer, it's fair that way.

It's a questionable choice that the Ice Climbers gone but it had to happen and Sakurai had did it for the "bullshit" reason. I know it might be painful for Ice Climber mains seeing that and they can complain but Sakurai wants to keep the game smooth as well as the rosters the same and sadly small sacrifices had to be made for this to happen. He didn't want them gone at all (he wouldn't of tried to get them running if he did) , he just didn't see as high priority due to no recent games (although tbh, sakurai should of seen no priority on dark pit) and Duck Hunt was actually a more well known game than Ice Climber so I can see his priority. It's sad that they are gone and I do think they shouldn't have gone but I understand why they went.

The roster has gained 15 characters and has only lost 4 (6 if you count the trainers other pokemon) characters. That's less than expected. Seeing how there are only 2 less newcomers than Brawl, it's a pretty big expansion to the roster. If the Wii U version was a standalone game, it most likely wouldn't of gotten much bigger. No the roster is not prefect, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario (maybe Lucina to some but i dont give a fuck since shes awesome) should't of been there and mewto, ridley and a dk rep should be. But that's it, i'm fine (maybe a bit iffy with wii fit trainer and bowser jr.) with everyone else and they all have their right to be. Look on the bright side and enjoy the new characters that there and do not seen them as replacements at all. The small sacrifices were done so the game could be better as a whole. Hate this post all you want but I've made a fair point here.

tl;dr: Both games having roster is more balanced, Ice Climbers are gone because of that and that they tried to bring them back and that new roster it mostly good and not affected that much.

Lucina said:
Honestly I don't think the 3DS hit the Wii U's roster that much. The reason why both games have the same roster is to keep the games balanced so you can simply main the same characters for both games and people who only play one version have full access to all the characters the game has to offer, it's fair that way.
yes it did, they cut a veteran character because of technical limitations. that hit pretty big imo, and its pretty stupid. both games have different stages, so why cant they have different characters? its not really fair and imo like i said before it wouldnt have mattered if there was a portable smash coming out, yea its a nice luxury but youll probably see more people playing it on a home console than a portable system, and even if the 3ds version hadnt have been announced, the amount of hype would still remain the same, i guarantee you that.

It's a questionable choice that the Ice Climbers gone but it had to happen and Sakurai had did it for the "bullshit" reason. I know it might be painful for Ice Climber mains seeing that and they can complain but Sakurai wants to keep the game smooth as well as the rosters the same and sadly small sacrifices had to be made for this to happen. He didn't want them gone at all (he wouldn't of tried to get them running if he did) , he just didn't see as high priority due to no recent games (although tbh, sakurai should of seen no priority on dark pit) and Duck Hunt was actually a more well known game than Ice Climber so I can see his priority. It's sad that they are gone and I do think they shouldn't have gone but I understand why they went.
i dont know why you say it had to happen; it didnt. the fact that he cut someone because they couldnt run on one system is no grounds to cut anyone. he can get rosalina + luma to run, the ai for luma is obv nowhere near nana i know, but im pretty sure he couldve done something, or like others said, just make them solo with 4 skins for popo, 4 for nana.
rob, mr. g&w, etc. also havent had games for years, i havnt even heard about them until smash. so howcome they get more priority than ice climbers? cause they dont have technical limitations. the argument about high priority is invalid. he was just like fuck it, its too hard to put them in, he didnt want to make changes, and he wanted to keep roster parity, those are the only reasons they got cut.

The roster has gained 15 characters and has only lost 4 (6 if you count the trainers other pokemon) characters. That's less than expected. Seeing how there are only 2 less newcomers than Brawl, it's a pretty big expansion to the roster. If the Wii U version was a standalone game, it most likely wouldn't of gotten much bigger. No the roster is not prefect, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario (maybe Lucina to some but i dont give a fuck since shes awesome) should't of been there and mewto, ridley and a dk rep should be. But that's it, i'm fine (maybe a bit iffy with wii fit trainer and bowser jr.) with everyone else and they all have their right to be. Look on the bright side and enjoy the new characters that there and do not seen them as replacements at all. The small sacrifices were done so the game could be better as a whole. Hate this post all you want but I've made a fair point here.
yea the roster got bigger, and i like the roster, but the cuts he made were really shit decisions. i agree if it was standalone it wouldnt have gotten much bigger, maybe 2-3 characters at most, but yea, thats the point, thats all the people really wanted, just a few more extra characters from maybe the metroid series, dk series, etc. and the return of some classics (like ics ;_;7), and not just fucken make the game 80% new mario/ki things. i guess im neutral on the final roster, it has some very interesting and unique additions, and some piss poor cuts. the game does look really good, but the decisions sakurai made did not necesarily make the game better as a whole. it did in a way, but the sacrifices obviously angered a lot of fans and thus is debatable on whether or not it was worth it to make those sacrifices

tl;dr: Both games having roster is more balanced,
no

Ice Climbers are gone because of that
no

and that they tried to bring them back and that new roster it mostly good and not affected that much.
i guess i can agree on this

yes it did, they cut a veteran character because of technical limitations. that hit pretty big imo, and its pretty stupid. both games have different stages, so why cant they have different characters? its not really fair and imo like i said before it wouldnt have mattered if there was a portable smash coming out, yea its a nice luxury but youll probably see more people playing it on a home console than a portable system, and even if the 3ds version hadnt have been announced, the amount of hype would still remain the same, i guarantee you that.
I think will be fine exclusive characters if the both versions had a silmer number of characters. However the same roster means that people can still attract the same play style. 1 character going is only a big hit if you main that character, it's still only 3% gone.
i dont know why you say it had to happen; it didnt. the fact that he cut someone because they couldnt run on one system is no grounds to cut anyone. he can get rosalina + luma to run, the ai for luma is obv nowhere near nana i know, but im pretty sure he couldve done something, or like others said, just make them solo with 4 skins for popo, 4 for nana.
rob, mr. g&w, etc. also havent had games for years, i havnt even heard about them until smash. so howcome they get more priority than ice climbers? cause they dont have technical limitations. the argument about high priority is invalid. he was just like fuck it, its too hard to put them in, he didnt want to make changes, and he wanted to keep roster parity, those are the only reasons they got cut
yh, he could of actually done a small thing and the single ice climber might of been a better idea than cutting, it could lead people to complain about how only one ice climber now fights and it takes away the idea of the character. My argument about priority is valid because sakurai explains it and even though he might have poor priority scale with his overrepreseting kid icarus, let's be honest if we ranked all brawl characters by priority of today's standards (while ignoring how much we like them as character, most of us would put Ice Climbers in the second half - and a good chunk in the last quarter. So I think he has a small point. If you disagree, feel free to, it's just what I and a few others think. I wanted to see them back as well and I agree it's disappointing they are not.
yea the roster got bigger, and i like the roster, but the cuts he made were really shit decisions. i agree if it was standalone it wouldnt have gotten much bigger, maybe 2-3 characters at most, but yea, thats the point, thats all the people really wanted, just a few more extra characters from maybe the metroid series, dk series, etc. and the return of some classics (like ics ;_;7), and not just fucken make the game 80% new mario/ki things. i guess im neutral on the final roster, it has some very interesting and unique additions, and some piss poor cuts. the game does look really good, but the decisions sakurai made did not necesarily make the game better as a whole. it did in a way, but the sacrifices obviously angered a lot of fans and thus is debatable on whether or not it was worth it to make those sacrifices
I already mentioned before that dk and metroid need more representation and that is a problem. Most of the cuts would of been low down the priority scale anyway and I think he really shouldn't of cut any characters, but it had to happen and it's sad but the cuts could of been much much worse. It's mostly Lucas and Ice Climbers who people are complaining about being gone and honestly while I don't like them being gone, there is a lot of the brawl roster being cut that would piss people even more.

I guess you disagree and what I just said is only my response to your opinions just like you responded to mine. You brought up some good points.

I can't preorder Smash Bros on the eShop :(

Guess I'll just wait to spend my $50 that are just waiting there...

Watch, someone will find cheers for Ridley or Mewtwo and everyone will go apeshit trying to figure out if it's proof of them being DLC or if it's proof of them being planned.

Nintendo literally said that they tried putting Ice Climbers in, so the fact that they didn't completely delete them doesn't prove anything.

Ninelevendo said:
Nintendo literally said that they tried putting Ice Climbers in, so the fact that they didn't completely delete them doesn't prove anything.
Basically this.

I don't think they deleted the Ice Climber data

Why isn't Chrom a playable character? He's the second protagonist in Fire Emblem.

Sakurai thought Robin had more potential as a character and added much needed variety to the Fire Emblem roster.

King Harkinian said:
Why isn't Chrom a playable character? He's the second protagonist in Fire Emblem.

because

Magic newcomer with sword >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Swords.

Sorry about that post earlier. I've noticed that I have been very defensive of this game. I think that's because I'm afraid. I'm afraid that this game might be the Wii U's final hope, and by extension, the final hope of Nintendo consoles. I'm afraid that if this game isn't the company's best game since Super Mario Galaxy 2, the Wii U will be doomed, and Nintendo will go the way of SEGA.

Perhaps that seems silly, and it probably is, but I honestly think this may be Nintendo's final console unless this game is spectacular in every way.

At this point I'm hoping they decide to diverge the 3DS and Wii U rosters via DLC, and so Wii U gets Ice Climbers while 3DS gets Wolf or something.

Magikrazy said:
and by extension, the final hope of Nintendo consoles.
Do you mean consoles or consoles and handhelds as a whole? Because the 3DS is great, and is selling really well (to my understanding). It's such a shame though, the Wii U is excellent, even greater than the XBOX 1 and PS4.

Pyro said:
At this point I'm hoping they decide to diverge the 3DS and Wii U rosters via DLC, and so Wii U gets Ice Climbers while 3DS gets Wolf or something.
So the 3DS version gets a semi-clone while the Wii U version getsone of the most unique characters in the series.

...sounds fair.

Mariofan169 said:
Pyro said:
So the 3DS version gets a semi-clone while the Wii U version getsone of the most unique characters in the series.

...sounds fair.
Okay, then let's try a unique character.

How about another Mario ch- *shot*
No I'm joking, we have enough. But, I'm blanked out on an unique character fit for Smash

Rosalina and Luma said:
Magikrazy said:
Do you mean consoles or consoles and handhelds as a whole? Because the 3DS is great, and is selling really well (to my understanding). It's such a shame though, the Wii U is excellent, even greater than the XBOX 1 and PS4.
I was referring to consoles only.

And Wolf shares one move with Fox: Landmaster. That's it.

Magikrazy said:
Rosalina and Luma said:
Magikrazy said:
I was referring to consoles only.

And Wolf shares one move with Fox: Landmaster. That's it.
Ah. Well, yeah, I believe so, too.

I'm not sure how clone-ish Wolf is to Fox, so this clears confusion. Thanks!

King Harkinian said:
Because Chrom is in Robin's Smash?(Off-topic: what is "second protagonist" supposed to mean)

Also, even with the Landmaster, I'm pretty sure Falco, Fox, and Wolf's versions all differ a bit anyways.

Gregor said:
King Harkinian said:
Because Chrom is in Robin's Smash?(Off-topic: what is "second protagonist" supposed to mean)

Also, even with the Landmaster, I'm pretty sure Falco, Fox, and Wolf's versions all differ a bit anyways.
Secondary protagonist is kind of a supporting role but has a lot of importance as much as the main character like Dustin Hoffman in Midnight Cowboy, Montgomery Clift in From Here to Eternity, Peter O'Toole in Becket, Michael Caine in Sleuth, Robert Redford in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Peter Finch in Network, etc

Back