Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I'd like Hyrule Castle to return as well.

Bowshygul said:
can you actually name some other ways that the 3DS version is somehow holding the Wii U one back?

1) The 3ds is significantly lacking in power compared to the Wii U, which is why Ice Climbers were most likely cut, because Brawl and Melee could barely handle 4 Ice Climbers on screen. This is likely the same for Olimar's terrible, terrible nerf, from 6 Pikmin to 3.

2) The Smash team is divided into two groups now, one for the 3ds, the other for Wii U, which means they have to work twice as hard on each version under the same time constraints. This is likely the reason the 3ds stage selection is a giant mound of shit. A gross amount of returning stages, a large amount of stages shared between the Wii U and 3ds, and the lack of time-consuming modes sans Smash Run.

These are the top two, but there's probably more.

Henry said:
Why are people like "oh, I think that they'll just reveal tons of characters this week."

There is still a Wii U version that they are going to hype up. My bet is that they will be having "secret character" reveals like they did in Brawl where it'll not let you know about the character unless you click and say "ok" to the "warning: spoilers" label and whatnot.

Yeah, good thing the Wii U and 3ds versions don't share the same roster so they can keep them as surprises and we won't know about them a day after the Japanese version releases....OH WAIT.

Don't you think that maybe there will be an update to the game where the last 5 characters will be added when Sm4sh Wii U comes out? I could easily see Sakurai being that kind of guy that doesn't want to spoil the entire roster until both versions are out, and so the fact that we've only seen that leak with the 48 characters could lead to the fact that the other characters are purposefully hidden until the release of the Wii U version?

I am honestly hoping for that. It keeps the hype that will likely die out once the 3ds version releases and it would explain the godawful CSS on the 3ds. However, I doubt they're newcomers, unless Sakurai doesn't think these newcomers are important enough for their own reveal trailer because I think we only have one more left.

I can't be the only one that has thought of this, but I feel like a lot of people are forgetting that there is a Part 2 of Sm4sh.

No one forgot that, but the only thing they can reveal are stages exclusive to the Wii U and Wii U exclusive modes. All characters are the same. All Assist Trophies are the same. All items are the same. He can't really reveal stuff that are shared between the two when one version is already out. And if he does, then it proves that he screwed this up somewhere along the line.

EDIT: Besides, this is the final week before the Japan version releases. Let's hope we get GOOD information and top it off with the final newcomer video at the end of the week, even if the whole roster gets leaked before then (likely).

You do know that a 3DS cartridge can hold as much as a Wii disc, right?

The only reason Brawl was dual-layered was because of the multiple cutscenes, which SSB4 doesn't have.

Ice Climbers could easily be implemented into the 3DS version if they wanted them in.

Magikrazy said:

The only reason Brawl was dual-layered was because of the multiple cutscenes, which SSB4 doesn't have.

Ice Climbers could easily be implemented into the 3DS version if they wanted them in.
It has to do more with processing power than storage, I think.

Magikrazy said:

Power =/= storage, but LGM beat me to it. It can hold as much as a Wii disc, but has the power of around the GCN, possibly slightly more. This is the reason they can't port Wii games onto the 3DS and the reason why the New 3DS which has superior processing power, is being made and on top of that, the first confirmed game for it is Xenoblade, a port of a Wii game.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/03/creating-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and-3ds?page=2

Read the first paragraph.

Really what I think is particularly pathetic is that Melee had a lot of stages that came in sets of twos, like Brinstar and Brinstar Depths, Corneria and Venom, etc, and yet every Melee stage in 3DS are also in Brawl instead of at least the other stage of the pairs. I'm pretty sure that it would be a unanimous vote that Brinstar Depths, Venom and Kongo Jungle would be a better choice than what actually happened.

Also Golden Plains demonstrates how I hoped New Super Mario Bros. 2 would have actually looked like rather than just making the background blurred.

SKmarioman said:
Really what I think is particularly pathetic is that Melee had a lot of stages that came in sets of twos, like Brinstar and Brinstar Depths, Corneria and Venom, etc, and yet every Melee stage in 3DS are also in Brawl instead of at least the other stage of the pairs. I'm pretty sure that it would be a unanimous vote that Brinstar Depths, Venom and Kongo Jungle would be a better choice than what actually happened.

Also Golden Plains demonstrates how I hoped New Super Mario Bros. 2 would have actually looked like rather than just making the background blurred.
The background is only blurred with the 3D on, and we have only seen 2D pics. Don't get your hopes up just yet.

For what it's worth, I'm content with everything the Smash 3DS has to offer as of right now. Any more modes/characters would be a bonus but once I get the game I don't think I'll be too bothered by some of the things that were excluded.

zlCfzSa3pRUkFnvyIo

Pic of the day. This is what the view looks like within the Vault. YourTrophies collection will start off with one randomly selected trophy. In your Album, you can view pictures you've taken of fighters posing. Photos taken with the 3D Depth Slider on will take photos in stereoscopic 3D, and photos will be in 2D when they're taken with that feature turned off.

and then suddenly the next four pic of the days are

entire character roster
entire stage selections
entire custom movelist options
entire array alternate costumes

Maki Nishikino said:
and then suddenly the next four pic of the days are

some shit about smash run
the new and improved sticker album
more shit about smash run
title screen
ftfy

Tuesday: Title screen
Wednesday: Custom move stuff
Thursday: Veteran reveal
Friday: Newcomer reveal

Well they've probably reached the end of their rope for the 3ds stuff they want to reveal. The rest would be for us to discover.

But don't you see? They are us!

*whimsical music plays*

Back