Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
I definitely would prefer a smaller starting roster, if that's true.

I just don't like having to choose between SO MANY characters right away. I feel like I can learn characters better if I'm given a small pool to start with and then learn more as I slowly unlock characters.

Not sure if it was talked about here, but...

10614242_304318509755662_4144592011904212842_n.jpg

This is from the All-Star mode, showing that you fight by the years and everything.

It's showing off how you fight the characters in the order from that chart that GP posted a page or two ago (meaning by when they debutted).

Using that knowledge, this basically heavily supports a deconfirmation on Ridley, since he does not appear next to Samus in this. (And before you say that 3 Link reps are missing, Ganondorf and Shiek debutted in 1998 and Toon Link in 2002; and ZSS samus debutted years later, while Ridley appeared as a boss in the original Metroid game). In the rare off-chance that the Ridley box is not up yet, I wouldn't hold your breath ridley fans.

that is literally the solidest argument i've seen against Ridley

Henry said:

there's no duck hunt dog?

YES, PLEASE TELL ME THAT HE'S NOT IN!

NSY said:
there's no duck hunt dog?

YES, PLEASE TELL ME THAT HE'S NOT IN!

I noticed that they were doing a 1985-1986 category, which makes me believe that there is a 1984-1985 category (and Dunt Hunt game out in 1984 in Japan). This might also explain why Kid Icarus is not showed in this category as he came out in December of 1986 in Japan but 1987 on the NES everywhere else.

While I think Dunt Hunt Dog is a ROB addition, I have accepted that he is probably in it like the leaks have foretold.

Henry said:

No Duck Hunt Dog,
no Ridley,
no ROB,
no Ice Climbers.

And as I think that at least one of these characters is going to be in I call fake. well, wrong conclusion.

Henry said:

This is from the All-Star mode, showing that you fight by the years and everything.

It's showing off how you fight the characters in the order from that chart that GP posted a page or two ago (meaning by when they debutted).

Using that knowledge, this basically heavily supports a deconfirmation on Ridley, since he does not appear next to Samus in this. (And before you say that 3 Link reps are missing, Ganondorf and Shiek debutted in 1998 and Toon Link in 2002; and ZSS samus debutted years later, while Ridley appeared as a boss in the original Metroid game). In the rare off-chance that the Ridley box is not up yet, I wouldn't hold your breath ridley fans.
That's a good arguement, but Samus's picture looks unusually not centered. Is this confirmed real or what?

and there is always a possibility that all star is available from the start and it just adds characters as you unlock them

New Super Mario said:
Henry said:

That's a good arguement, but Samus's picture looks unusually not centered. Is this confirmed real or what?

and there is always a possibility that all star is available from the start and it just adds characters as you unlock them

Didn't a picture from the leak have All-Star on the menu, but with a lock symbol on it?

NSM, talking about an off-set Samus when people were trying to disprove Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt Dog saying their pictures were obviously photoshopped.

As I said, Ridley fans shouldn't hold their breaths.

Henry said:
NSM, talking about an off-set Samus when people were trying to disprove Dr. Mario and Duck Hunt Dog saying their pictures were obviously photoshopped.

As I said, Ridley fans shouldn't hold their breaths.
ok fine, but it still looks ugly. And I guess it's real apparently so yeah...

meh. you never know though.

Where is the Duck Hunt Dog's Image photoshopped? Dr. Mario is more likely to be photoshopped, but in the end all of Mario's models look kinda similar, so...

MidnaFreak said:
Where is the Duck Hunt Dog's Image photoshopped? Dr. Mario is more likely to be photoshopped, but in the end all of Mario's models look kinda similar, so...

I believe someone said that they found that image online somewhere on the internet before the leak happened or something like that.

I dunno. Honestly, I think that get rid of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit, make Duck Hunt Dog an assist trophy (Or just leave him in. I mean, I don't mind him as a playable character, but I just feel like seems a little off with the others, mostly because I don't know how he would fight), add Isaac and Impa, along with Lucas and Ice Climbers, and it would be my personal favorite roster that there could be right now (I really don't want Bowser Jr., but he's basically be all but confirmed so...).

But in comparison, I definitely think this is one of the best rosters for the series if that leak is completely true (99% sure it is but not a full 100% until Sakurai says so). I know there are some characters that I will have to get used to, just like I did with Ice Climbers, Snake, Wolf, ROB, and Mr. Game & Watch, but I think that characters like Robin, Rosalina, Greninja, Mega Man, and Shulk outweigh the characters I will have to get used to.

Henry said:
I know there are some characters that I will have to get used to, just like I did with Ice Climbers -
But the Ice Climbers are awesome.

But yeah I do agree that the roster is very diverse this time around.

and no that photoshopped duck hunt dog image was totally fake. The ear was all scraggly looking. If that's what you're referring to anyway.

Anyways, since I'm going to be gone for the rest of day and will most likely miss the PoTD, I'm just going to say that I hope Sakurai stops dicking around and just drops bombs for the last 10 PoTDs. Yes, there are only 10 more PoTDs left until Smash 4 releases in Japan. If he starts doing useless crap like menus or Smash Run, then I don't know what he's thinking. I also hope he doesn't focus on one of Shulk's specific moves like "Shulk's side B is the backslash and does more damage on the back" because I'd find that equally pointless (not as much as menu or Smash Run, but yeah). I guess we just have to wait and see, but I'm hoping he'll start dropping big info. Hoping for some vets, but that's probably asking for too much.

Kellam said:
Anyways, since I'm going to be gone for the rest of day and will most likely miss the PoTD, I'm just going to say that I hope Sakurai stops dicking around and just drops bombs for the last 10 PoTDs. Yes, there are only 10 more PoTDs left until Smash 4 releases in Japan. If he starts doing useless crap like menus or Smash Run, then I don't know what he's thinking. I also hope he doesn't focus on one of Shulk's specific moves like "Shulk's side B is the backslash and does more damage on the back" because I'd find that equally pointless (not as much as menu or Smash Run, but yeah). I guess we just have to wait and see, but I'm hoping he'll start dropping big info. Hoping for some vets, but that's probably asking for too much.
OMG really?

.....Which means it is only a matter of time after that until somebody unlocks every single character and settles the roster once and for all.

I am actually kind of scared.

ernesth100 said:
Shadow and Rayman as Trophies= Wasted Potential

You honestly thought Shadow had a chance?

Besides, Shadow sucks.

Back