• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
smash-bros-3ds-starting-roster-656x789.png

I think this is the starting roster for Smash 3DS. What do you think?

I wish that they'd just do away with unlockable characters (and stages) and make them all available from the start so that players can enjoy the full game immediately.

Melee is especially notorious in that regard with the near-impossible requirement with Final Destination, and Mewtwos very tedious unlock requirement.

Kart Player 2008 said:
I wish that they'd just do away with unlockable characters (and stages) and make them all available from the start so that players can enjoy the full game immediately.

Melee is especially notorious in that regard with the near-impossible requirement with Final Destination, and Mewtwos very tedious unlock requirement.
9yl6nwY.jpg

Ninelevendo said:
Kart Player 2008 said:

9yl6nwY.jpg
no it isn't. It isn't even remotely close.

Ninelevendo said:
Yeah, unlocking characters is fun. And besides, what bright spark put Luigi as default?
Because Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. would have to be unlocked. Maybe they didn't want three Mario characters to be secret.

GalacticPetey said:
Ninelevendo said:
Yeah, unlocking characters is fun. And besides, what bright spark put Luigi as default?
Because Dr. Mario and Bowser Jr. would have to be unlocked. Maybe they didn't want three Mario characters to be secret.
Pokemon had 3 unlockable characters in Melee. Two of which were extremely annoying to unlock.

hate to be devil's advocate, and maybe it's because the main pvp games I play these days are online shooters and mobas, but I don't really like unlockables either. Again, maybe I'm biased, but I prefer all the strategic options to be right there prepped and ready for me and everyone else.

GalacticPetey said:
Ninelevendo said:
But they would still have 4 others as well as Yoshi, DK and Diddy, so I don't see why they should find that a problem.

If I had to choose 3 of the leaked Mario Characters to be unlockable, I'd choose Rosalina, Bowser Jr, and Dr. Mario. I would also have preferred for Daisy to be in instead of Dr. Mario myself.

Kart Player 2008 said:
If I had to choose 3 of the leaked Mario Characters to be unlockable, I'd choose Rosalina, Bowser Jr, and Dr. Mario. I would also have preferred for Daisy to be in instead of Dr. Mario myself.
Rosalina wasn't really leaked as she was confirmed a few months ago, but I get what you're saying.

So I've been thinking. Toon Link, Jigglypuff, and Wolf were some of the last characters implemented in Brawl. As such, they were the last few characters to be unlocked. Sakurai said they were also having a little bit of trouble with the ICs. If he figured out how to get them to work, they may have been finished much later on. Maybe they're actually one of the last characters unlocked?

I'm in the camp that believes that the roster in the leak is the final roster. If I'm wrong then I get extra stuff, if I'm right then I won't be disappointed.

I will be very surprised if there any more characters for the game than shown in the leak though, excluding any possible DLC.

Kart Player 2008 said:

Mewtwo wasn't even hard to unlock, all you had to do was leave your GameCube on for a few hours (20 I believe). I wasn't much of a fan on Melee though since I played Brawl before it and got Melee a year or 2 after.

Am I the only person who actually enjoyed unlocking everyone in Melee, and disliked how easy it was to do so in Brawl in comparison? (Melee, it took me a good long time to unlock everyone...Brawl, it took me four to five hours in the Subspace Emissary.)

Plug multiple controllers in to cut that time down. If you have four controllers plugged in, just let it sit for five hours The game counts that as 20 hours since four people are playing. Bam, instant Mewtwo.

Contra(dictory) said:
Am I the only person who actually enjoyed unlocking everyone in Melee, and disliked how easy it was to do so in Brawl in comparison? (Melee, it took me a good long time to unlock everyone...Brawl, it took me four to five hours in the Subspace Emissary.)
It really comes down to whether you want to have everything right away. Yeah, it's fun to unlock things but tourneys and stuff require all characters and stages unlocked.

Contra(dictory) said:
There is also the stages which require a total of 73 VS matches to unlock them all and some of them require you to beat certain event matches.

And you must play the first 28 event matches to unlock all of the stages too.

Kart Player 2008 said:
Contra(dictory) said:
There is also the stages which require a total of 73 VS matches to unlock them all and some of them require you to beat certain event matches.

73 matches is like an hour that isn't that long.

Back