Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Once the super Mario series gets the following 8 Characters, it will be considered completed:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Toad
Bowser
Bowser Jr

the great 8!

Substitute Rosalina and Toad for Yoshi and Birdo. Then it is the great 8.

3D Player 2004 said:
DragonFreak said:
GalacticPetey said:
DragonFreak said:
Yoshi isn't considered a Mario character in Smash.
Oh wait yeah I forgot that.
And neither is Birdo. But Birdo has no business being in the roster in the first place.
She should get in before Daisy. Birdo is not one of the great 8, but neither is Daisy.

I once nightmared about watching a Sakurai livestream where Sakurai was explaining why he was cutting Yoshi and said that Yoshi was going away.

Lumastar said:
3D Player 2004 said:
DragonFreak said:
GalacticPetey said:
DragonFreak said:
And neither is Birdo. But Birdo has no business being in the roster in the first place.
She should get in before Daisy. Birdo is not one of the great 8, but neither is Daisy.
Although if you do look in terms of seniority, Birdo has been around since second game.

3D Player 2004 said:
I once nightmared about watching a Sakurai livestream where Sakurai was explaining why he was cutting Yoshi and said that Yoshi was going away.
The entire fanbase would probably explode.

3D Player 2004 said:
Once the super Mario series gets the following 8 Characters, it will be considered completed:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Toad
Bowser
Bowser Jr

the great 8!
Well then it looks like it will never be completed...

DragonFreak said:
Lumastar said:
3D Player 2004 said:
DragonFreak said:
GalacticPetey said:
DragonFreak said:
Although if you do look in terms of seniority, Birdo has been around since second game.
Plus Birdo did a lot more in the 16-bit era. She reappeared in Super Mario All-Stars, was a boss in Super Mario RPG, and was planned for Mario's Tennis. Daisy reappeared in NES Open Tournament and disappeared until Mario Tennis for the Nintendo 64 where she was brought back as Peach's partner. Birdo appeared with Yoshi as her partner, but Yoshi already had Baby Mario. This means that Birdo was added because the developers saw her as a notable character. Daisy did not earn a true personality until the Gamecube era.

Also, the last of the main 8 is Yoshi despite him representing his own series.

Lumastar said:
DragonFreak said:
Lumastar said:
3D Player 2004 said:
DragonFreak said:
GalacticPetey said:
DragonFreak said:
Plus Birdo did a lot more in the 16-bit era. She reappeared in Super Mario All-Stars, was a boss in Super Mario RPG, and was planned for Mario's Tennis. Daisy reappeared in NES Open Tournament and disappeared until Mario Tennis for the Nintendo 64 where she was brought back as Peach's partner. Birdo appeared with Yoshi as her partner, but Yoshi already had Baby Mario. This means that Birdo was added because the developers saw her as a notable character. Daisy did not earn a true personality until the Gamecube era.

Birdo did not appear in all spin off recently, not playable in the Mario & Sonic games, in Mario Party: Island Tour, in Mario Kart 7 and 8.

DragonFreak said:
Cirdec said:
Well considering Birdo wasn't even in Mario Kart 8, Daisy has better chance than Birdo.
Too soon Cirdec, too soon. ;_;

We will see about that.

Lumastar said:
I don't hate Daisy. I just don't want her in Smash. Remember that if she gets in now she will almost definitely be a clone.
I just want Daisy. I don't care if she has to be a clone or if she gets to be unique or she gets halfway.

Cirdec said:
Lumastar said:
DragonFreak said:
Lumastar said:
3D Player 2004 said:
DragonFreak said:
GalacticPetey said:
DragonFreak said:

Birdo did not appear in all spin off recently, not playable in the Mario & Sonic games, in Mario Party: Island Tour, in Mario Kart 7 and 8.

DragonFreak said:
Cirdec said:
Well considering Birdo wasn't even in Mario Kart 8, Daisy has better chance than Birdo.
Too soon Cirdec, too soon. ;_;

We will see about that.

I don't think Mario Sports/Kart/Party spin-offs matter as much in regards to Smash Bros. Otherwise Waluigi probably would be playable by now. How do you think Rosalina got in when she was pretty much absent from most Mario games after Mario Kart Wii but did become more prominent in actual platformers like Super Mario 3D World.

Until Waluigi or Daisy become more prominent in Main Mario games (Or perhaps in Waluigi's case, Wario games perhaps). Then the only way they're going to become playable in Smash Bros. is if Nintendo is desperate for additions. Which even then there might be more popular & well-recieved "desperate" additions like more 3rd Parties such as Rayman or a 2nd Sonic character such as Tails.

3D Player 2004 said:
Lumastar said:
I don't hate Daisy. I just don't want her in Smash. Remember that if she gets in now she will almost definitely be a clone.
I just want Daisy. I don't care if she has to be a clone or if she gets to be unique or she gets halfway.
And it's fine you want her, but you can't go around saying she has the most chance just because of that.

I like It's Always Sunny, but that doesn't mean Charlie has a chance.

3D Player 2004 said:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Toad
Bowser
Bowser Jr

the great 8!
Daisy is one of the Great 8 but Waluigi isn't? Explain.

That One Weird Dude Who Plays Mario And Eats Burgers All Day said:
3D Player 2004 said:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Toad
Bowser
Bowser Jr

the great 8!

Daisy slightly more major than Waluigi for a few reasons. Also Waluigi is a Wario character ftr.
Pair Bonus: Peach being more major than Wario gives Daisy a small advantage against Waluigi.
Mario Kart 7: Daisy has appeared in More Mario Kart games.
Clearer Abilities: Nintendo tends to have difficulty assigning a specific ability to Waluigi but gives Daisy clearly put out abilities.

3D Player 2004 said:
3D Player 2004 said:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Toad
Bowser
Bowser Jr

the great 8!

Daisy slightly more major than Waluigi for a few reasons. Also Waluigi is a Wario character ftr.
Pair Bonus: Peach being more major than Wario gives Daisy a small advantage against Waluigi.
Clearer Abilities: Nintendo tends to have difficulty assigning a specific ability to Waluigi but gives Daisy clearly put out abilities.

Waluigi already has some attacks shown from his Assist Trophy, Daisy has no attacks, I feel as if she would just be a clone of Peach.

YoshiGo99 said:
3D Player 2004 said:
3D Player 2004 said:

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Rosalina
Toad
Bowser
Bowser Jr

the great 8!

Waluigi already has some attacks shown from his Assist Trophy, Daisy has no attacks, I feel as if she would just be a clone of Peach.
Just because he represents the Yoshi series doesn't mean that Yoshi is not one of the Mario great 8. If this is for Mario characters that should be in Smash 4 then I would have either Paper Mario, King Boo, or Kamek (though the latter might rep the Yoshi series).
GalacticPetey said:
It looks like CoroCoro is only revealing what we already know so far. So no massive roster reveal next month.
I am not surprised.

YoshiGo99 said:
I think I know who is the true clone of Peach. Pink Gold Peach! (just saying)

Sakurai said:
Pic of the day. Here's a Screen K.O. shot. There are also patterns where players will disappear into the sky for Star K.O.s, but as a match's time limit approaches, those K.O.s will not occur anymore.

zlCfzSLe-W0euMfryu

Back