• Cloud Strife

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
GalacticPetey said:
I feel a Smash direct is a very real possibility. I can almost 100% say there will be a direct of some sorts next month. Whether it focuses on one game is up in the air. Like you said, there could be more than one. I'm one of the many people wanting a "villain trailer". It would be the perfect way to confirm Wario, Meta Knight, and Ganondorf (maybe Wolf, assuming he's in the game). To top it all off, Ridley is also shown with them. Maybe even hint at a certain Kremling towards the end.

You mention a Hyrule Warriors direct. I know it would mostly focus on Hyrule Warriors, but I could see Iwata saying something like "Mr. Sakurai requested that we show something a little extra for you today." Smash logo appears, Link is fighting random enemies until all of a sudden Ganondorf emerges and challenges Link to duel. Cut to footage of Ganondorf with a new moveset ducking it out with Link. And then right after that, Ganondorf revealed for Hyrule Warriors.
I think if Ridley is going to be revealed (which chances are he will, although the boss thing still makes me kinda doubt it) he'll be revealed alongside a new Metroid game.

Personally I don't think they'll create a trailer just for a veteran (bar Mewtwo), even if he is receiving a revamped moveset. If there's going to be a character revealed alongside a Hyrule Warriors direct it'd be a newcomer to Smash like Girahim or Agatha.

I think everyone is going to be a default this installment. Custom moves create enough unlockable content already.

3D Player 2004 said:
I think everyone is going to be a default this installment. Custom moves create enough unlockable content already.
Why would everyone be default? That would ruin the fun of unlocking characters!

Shy​ Guy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
But then, there would be the fun of unlocking custom moves. They might also give All-Star mode a separate unlock requirement.

3D Player 2004 said:
Shy​ Guy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
But then, there would be the fun of unlocking custom moves. They might also give All-Star mode a separate unlock requirement.
Why would anyone care about Custom Moves if you can't use them online?

Shy​ Guy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Shy​ Guy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Why would anyone care about unlockable characters in Melee/64 if there was no online?

3D Player 2004 said:
Shy​ Guy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Why would they make one of the most unique new features in Smash 4 unlockable?
Shy​ Guy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Shy​ Guy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
>implying people only play multiplayer in SSB games

Mariofan169 said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Shy​ Guy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
It is already confirmed to be unlockable though.

Mariofan169 said:
Shy​ Guy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Shy​ Guy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
>implying people only play multiplayer in SSB games
Well, many people consider multiplayer the main highlight.

3D Player 2004 said:
Mariofan169 said:
3D Player 2004 said:
Shy​ Guy said:
3D Player 2004 said:
It is already confirmed to be unlockable though.
Source please.

unless they decide to reveal the rest of the cast prior to the Japanese release (which I find very unlikely), unlockable characters are inevitable

I do feel it'd be better if there were unlockables. I'm hoping all three of the third parties for example are unlockable characters. (Though if it were up to me, every Smash game would have just the Original 8 be the starters and everybody else was unlocked. Most of them being easy to unlock though, not some of the tedious stuff that unlocking characters in Melee had)

At the same though, I know people apparently get upset knowing new characters because they'd rather play the game and find out who made it. When in this day and age. You literally have to live under a rock in order to do so. As fun as it was in Melee to get characters and having no idea who they were. In an age of Social Media, you literally have to confine yourself from any social interaction and even when you get the game you still have to avoid contact when playing the game as I don't think you'll unlock all the characters in one day (Unless you marathon through Subspace Emissary in Brawl on a new save file but otherwise...).

Plus I would think it's good to know if one of your favorite characters was in already before purchase. Or knowing if a character you dislike or don't care for is in so you don't unlock them going "Why is THIS character playable?!". So at least when you know they're in beforehand you get people who will tell exactly why they're in. Instead of you being angry while unlocking them :P

Unlocking characters is fun, even if you know who they are. You still get that feeling of accomplishment. I also like watching the roster gradually get bigger as I play the game until the huge, final roster is right there and I can admire what I've accomplished.

As long as there's no "Play 1000+ matches", "Play X number of online matches", or "Play for 50+ hours" unlocking crap, I'll be fine.

Speak for yourselves, I loved Melee's unlock systems. Either you braved Classic and Adventure with various characters, played Events (which were awesome in Melee) or just played a bunch of matches with your friends.

Unlocking all the characters in the relatively short Subspace Emissary mode just kind of cheapened the experience for me.

My personal fave experience unlocking a character was with Mewtwo- I put two characters with really high stock (to idle) in pokemon stadium, went to sleep, finished the round and got challenged by Mewtwo.

cQ5KBSP.jpg

WHAT THE FUCK

..no seriously though, this was done with an edit page bookmark trick, allowing me to make such wonderful fake shots as this one, using SKILLS

But I got the real deal. ;)

zlCfzSMS8nIcvPUP3Z

Pic of the day. Robin's Nosferatu is the first ability in the Smash Bros. series that recovers your damage as it gives damage to others. The attack becomes even stronger if you strike from behind! Robin doesn't actually use this ability in the original game, but we added that element to make the character unique. Who knows--the ideas we use in this game may contribute to the original series.

Dark Pit confirmed to be playable in some way.

Back