Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Re: E3 2013 Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Timmy said:
To those that hate tripping... (I'm sure everyone does actually LOL)

It's gone!!
Cool that they removed it. I wouldn't mind if they kept non-random tripping, but still, smart move to remove that altogether. Diddy's Down Special move will most likely be changed now. =P
FINALLY!
Tripping was one of the major reasons I quit Brawl and went back to Melee. Thank God it's gone.

I didn't find Tripping such a big deal. But I'd like to say it's nice it's out as well.

Northern Verve said:
Just made a quick list of what I think so far of the chances of each of the currently unconfirmed veterans of Brawl. For all we know we could get news that the Roster is going to be as small or smaller then Brawl's for some reason or another and completely shake this up. But I believe:

Very Likely (Characters I have pretty much full confidence in seeing again)
Zelda
Yoshi
Peach
Wario
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Olimar
Marth
Luigi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Sonic

Likely (Characters I think will be in still, but at same time aren't as much shoe-ins as the ones in the Very Likely category. And if worst comes to worst that they will have to make a decent amount of cuts. then we might be saying goodbye to at least one of these)
Ice Climbers
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Falco
ROB
Mr. Game and Watch
Wolf
Snake
so Mario, Link, Pikachu and Kirby are being dropped?

JK I know what you were talking about. But in that case why is Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Luigi, etc on the list?

Timmy said:
To those that hate tripping... (I'm sure everyone does actually LOL)

It's gone!!
Cool that they removed it. I wouldn't mind if they kept non-random tripping, but still, smart move to remove that altogether. Diddy's Down Special move will most likely be changed now. =P

Good, tripping sucks.

Cool. I don't recall tripping messing me up that often but I'm still glad it's gone.

On the subject of game mechanics, If you've seen that one Mega Man v. Mario match floating around, I noticed the game seems faster paced than Brawl but not as fast as Melee. I'm glad there's a middle ground.

Matt Foley said:
why is Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Luigi, etc on the list?
They have been in every Smash Bros game. Why wouldn't they return?
what i meant was, that list was of Brawl characters that should return. The above-mentioned characters are in all of them, not just in Brawl, so when Talking about Brawl characters, that confused me that they were on there but not Mario, Link, etc.

King Antasma said:
JK I know what you were talking about. But in that case why is Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Luigi, etc on the list?

I'd say that Brawl basically confirmed that if there's any characters that are immune from being cut. It's all 12 of the playable characters of the first game.

King Antasma said:
Matt Foley said:
why is Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Luigi, etc on the list?
They have been in every Smash Bros game. Why wouldn't they return?
what i meant was, that list was of Brawl characters that should return. The above-mentioned characters are in all of them, not just in Brawl, so when Talking about Brawl characters, that confused me that they were on there but not Mario, Link, etc.

And I meant as in characters so far uncomfirmed I left out the characters we already know are in the game thanks to the trailers on purpose.

In other news, I found this somewhere that worries me.

And what about returning characters? I knew Sakurai wouldn't want to get too specific—Nintendo likes to announce characters for their big mascot fighting series with a dripfeed of news on the Smash Bros. Dojo website—but should fans expect all of their favorites from Melee and Brawl?

"The reality of the situation unfortunately is that there are certain limitations on the 3DS," Sakurai said. The 3DS and Wii U versions of the next Smash Bros will have the same library of characters.

"So we're forced into the situation where we may need to reduce some characters to a certain degree. but we're really working hard in order to include as many characters as possible."

so uh

remember how sakurai earlier said that both versions would have the same amount of characters (he later said same library of characters so i'm still confused)

he then went on to say that due to the 3DS's limited power, they can't do all that they want to do

does this mean that the wii u version will be hindered by the 3DS version?

In a way, I kinda wish there were console exclusive characters. That way I'd feel a bit more justified owning both. I'm getting both, regardless but anyway.

For example, we could have Marth and Ike on the Wii U but have Marth and Chrom on the 3DS. Or something.

'3Kraid said:
In a way, I kinda wish there were console exclusive characters. That way I'd feel a bit more justified owning both. I'm getting both, regardless but anyway.

For example, we could have Marth and Ike on the Wii U but have Marth and Chrom on the 3DS. Or something.
That's the exact reason I don't want that to happen. Because I'm not sure if I want to get the 3DS version. But if the characters are different, I'll be tempted to buy both even though I probably won't have enough money for both, assuming I want to buy some Pro controllers for the Wii U version.

The Undertaker said:
so uh

remember how sakurai earlier said that both versions would have the same amount of characters (he later said same library of characters so i'm still confused)

he then went on to say that due to the 3DS's limited power, they can't do all that they want to do

does this mean that the wii u version will be hindered by the 3DS version?

Yeah that would be a shame if so. There's always the hopes that the Wii U version SSB4 will have DLC. But I'd find it a darn shame if they have to limit the Wii U's roster just because of the 3DS version. Because I was hoping they'd do it like that the Wii U version has a bigger selection. And the 3DS' is Smaller but allows you to transfer characters from the Wii U version into it. But maybe that's harder to do then it sounds.

If the roster is going to just be the same though. Then more then ever before I really want to know what's the advantage of owning both other then being able to play it both at home and on the road now. There has to be some big incentive for me to own both, because if there's nothing special about it. I'm only getting the Wii U version.

oh and apparently even though the game looks amazing as it is right now

sakurai said visuals aren't even finalized

EXPECT THE DENIM TO RETURN (CAUSE WE NEED IT AND STUFF)

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=205176

aaaaand no dlc

you may have just seen me post something but i didn't

i'll just say i'm glad tripping's gone

'3Kraid said:

aaaaand no dlc
At least it confirms we'll get the Wii U one first, hopefully.

And I don't think not having DLC is a big deal, since if they did offer DLC characters or something half of theme would probably be clones anyway.

If I get an awesome story mode, I'll be happy.

'3Kraid said:

aaaaand no dlc

aaaaand suddenly I think people can start worrying for some of their favorite veterans.

I'll still stand that at least most of the characters I listed under very likely are practically shoe-ins.

I'm rather concerned about this.
Oh god I can already tell there's gonna be mass whining/complaining if one version is released after the other.

Timmy said:
I'm rather concerned about this.
Oh god I can already tell there's gonna be mass whining/complaining if one version is released after the other.

That also makes me think maybe both version won't have as much interaction as we may have thought.

Though it makes me wonder. Is Ice Climbers the ONLY character they're having trouble programming for the 3DS? Or could Sakurai be subtly teasing we'll have another paired up character?

'3Kraid said:

aaaaand no dlc
Wow, so the official titles really are "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U"... Here are all these different names fans have given the next Smash like "Strife" or "Universe" or whatever, and they come at us with this? But I think the most hilarious thing is, it's not even "Super Smash Bros. 3DS" or "Super Smash Bros. Wii U", they inexplicity put a "for" in the title. :P

That comment about the Ice Climbers... Makes me wonder, does this mean they ARE going to be in the game, or since they're having trouble with them, are they going to remove them?

What will most likely end up happening is the wii u version will get released first(one would think) then everyone waiting for the 3ds version will complain and get mad. Then when the 3ds version does come out, it will have some special mode that wii u doesn't have. Both versions will probably have something that sets themselves apart but both will be interconnectable.

I'm going to be really sad if they remove Ice Climbers because they're one of my mains in Brawl.

I also assume that they might go on replacing Olimar with one of the Pikmin 3 characters, probably Alph.

Smashgoom202 said:
Wow, so the official titles really are "Super Smash Bros. for 3DS" and "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U"... Here are all these different names fans have given the next Smash like "Strife" or "Universe" or whatever, and they come at us with this? But I think the most hilarious thing is, it's not even "Super Smash Bros. 3DS" or "Super Smash Bros. Wii U", they inexplicity put a "for" in the title. :P

ah, ah, ah

the source they got the article from never said those were the final titles

Booker said:
I'm going to be really sad if they remove Ice Climbers because they're one of my mains in Brawl.

I also assume that they might go on replacing Olimar with one of the Pikmin 3 characters, probably Alph.
definitely not. smash games focus on the last generation, so we'd more likely get Louie

actually

- for 3DS, they're struggling with how to accommodate characters that incorporate more than one fighter, such as the Ice Climbers
characters, plural - Olimar&Louie duo?

Back