Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Corrin

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Bayonetta

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Re: E3 2013 Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Zae said:
Not sure how pac-man would work though but he's been pretty oddly structured throughout the years though.

If you've played Pac-Man World like me, you know his current design is this:

pacman-thumbsup.jpg

And in the Pac-Man World games he's able to punch, butt bounce, rev roll, and in the very first one, throw pellets at enemies, so I don't think it would be hard to come up with a good moveset for him. His final smash, on the other hand, I don't know what that would be.

King Antasma said:
Am I the only one who would actually like to see Miis playable? I'd play the hell out of my Fawful Mii.

I'd actually like to see how their moveset would be. I'm not part of the crowd that hates Miis - what did Miis do to them?

yeah that's kinda what i meant by him being structured throughout the series, he's been transformed to that design.

I guess im not too keen on him being in a fighter or something.

If I were to put a Namco-Bandai character, it'd be a Soul Calibur character. Preferably Nightmare or Siegfried. After all, Link was in SC2 so it seems like a fair trade to me.

Really, there's quite a few characters that could be playable from namco bandai. I think a lot of the possibilities would be better than Pac-Man IMO.

But we don't even know if they're actually going to put in a character from NB. It's just a possibility.

MCS said:
His final smash, on the other hand, I don't know what that would be.

super-pac-man.gif

replace power pellet with smash ball and we're good

I hope they keep Zelda and Peach, mostly because they are really good characters, and it helps to have a good balance of both genders so that there is a lot more variety.

I definitely see Toon Link going, as well as Lucario. Not sure about Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch though - they have been in two installments and I doubt they'll remove them like that. In my opinion, I think they replaced ROB with Wii Fit Trainer, so we'll see. I would not be surprised if they replaced Snake.

Some new characters...

I don't see the Mario series expanding at all. DK might stay the same, though it would be cool to see a new character like Dixie, but that might be like a clone of Diddy Kong. Wario - I dunno. Yoshi - well, you guys know what I would love, but it's not going to happen (I would probably cry though if it did), but I really do think they should add another Yoshi guy.

Zelda seems pretty good. The best option to add has to be Ghirahim, but I dunno...I couldn't him being in later installments of the series simply because he is a game-specific villain, and usually Nintendo includes characters that repeatively reappear in the series. I think the Kirby series is good right now. Pokemon will hopefully get some new add-ons. Metroid needs to get some new people for the series, but I really don't see who they could add since I'm not a big fan of the series.

Star Fox seems to be good so far, the Nintendo company people got Wii Fit Trainer, so I don't see them adding anything else, but they sure know how to make surprises. Kid Icarus might get another character, I dunno. I'm not familiar enough with Fire Emblem, but they probably will add/replace some characters for a character in Sacred Stones or Awakening.

Mother I don't see really anything new, though they may swap out a few things, who knows? I already mentioned Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch. Alph would be cool to see as a new Pikmin buddy with Olimar, but I'm afraid they would probably just be a clone. And the third parties we obviously know will have some changes, whether just expanding it or minor expand and some replacements...

:waluigi: needs to be in, seriously. Even if Mario just gets 1 new rep, it's about time Waluigi got in.

I don't get what you people see in Waluigi. I would prefer Toad for a new Mario rep, or Bowser Jr. before a spin-off only character.

New Super Mario said:
I don't get what you people see in Waluigi. I would prefer Toad for a new Mario rep, or Bowser Jr. before a spin-off only character.
You do realize the majority of people here are tired of :toad: and :bowjr:, right?

Mr. Game & Watch said:
New Super Mario said:
You do realize the majority of people here are tired of :toad: and :bowjr:, right?
No, almost everyone here wants either Bowser Jr. or Toad for a new Mario rep.

New Super Mario said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
New Super Mario said:
Proof?

Mr. Game & Watch said:
New Super Mario said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
New Super Mario said:
Proof?
Check the Dream Roster threads, or people's personal rosters. There's also a Mario Rep poll somewhere.

New Super Mario said:
I don't get what you people see in Waluigi. I would prefer Toad [...] or Bowser Jr. before a spin-off only character.

As much as I like Waluigi, I'm going to have to agree. While I don't necessarily want Toad (although if he gets in I won't mind), I'd much rather see someone who has actually had a role in some of the main games before we get a spin-off character.

Mr. Game & Watch said:
You do realize the majority of people here are tired of :bowjr:, right?
Tire of my favorite character? Preposterous.

cryoAwakening said:
- well, you guys know what I would love, but it's not going to happen (I would probably cry though if it did)

Pair him with the guy I love and we'll cry together

New Super Mario said:

Says the person that was like "Wii Fit Trainer is the best thing Nintendo has done with Smash Bros." while everyone else is just like "I don't get why they added such a random character."

As far as returning characters go, I honestly hope all the characters return, though I really want King Dedede, Wario, Diddy Kong, and Sonic to return.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Snake, Wolf, Lucario, and even R.O.B. and Ike go, though honestly, I want R.O.B. to say only because I don't like how people occasionally hate on him.

Jigglypuff must stay. She's strong against dragons now.

Smashgoom202 said:
As far as returning characters go, I honestly hope all the characters return, though I really want King Dedede, Wario, Diddy Kong, and Sonic to return.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing Snake, Wolf, Lucario, and even R.O.B. and Ike go, though honestly, I want R.O.B. to say only because I don't like how people occasionally hate on him.

Jigglypuff must stay. She's strong against dragons now.

I don't really see Snake going, although we may never know, but I can see the others you mentioned being replaced, yeah. I could see Wolf going and being replaced with someone like Krystal, or even make room for a new character entirely. Lucario, as much as I liked him, will likely be replaced with the rumored Mewtwo or another Pokemon. Many suggested Zoroark, and I don't think that would be farfetched at all. R.O.B. would probably be replaced by another series with one character representing it, but I assume Wii Fit Trainer already took that spot. Ike I can see easily being replaced with one of the Awakening characters, most likely Chrom or Lucina, although I would prefer if it wasn't a sword-weilding character.

Also, I think one of the more interesting things about this was Link's model. It's obviously not his Skyward Sword model, so maybe it could the model they're using for him in the upcoming Zelda? It wouldn't be that farfetched, considering they were going to show it at E3, which means that it's been in development for some time.

The thing with Snake is that he's more of a PS360 character than a Nintendo character, if one of the two third party characters are to go, it would be him.

I personally think it will be sad seeing any possible character in Brawl not appearing if they had an original moveset that's at least somewhat different from all the others. You could say they did that with Mewtwo for Melee, but Lucario's moveset was basically an improved version of Mewtwo's. Otherwise, all the removals were clones.

Heh heh. Mewtwo and the clones. Possible first movie reference?

Baby Luigi said:
cryoAwakening said:
- well, you guys know what I would love, but it's not going to happen (I would probably cry though if it did)

Pair him with the guy I love and we'll cry together
why won't Nintendo put in the babies as an ice climber duo :'(

Just made a quick list of what I think so far of the chances of each of the currently unconfirmed veterans of Brawl. For all we know we could get news that the Roster is going to be as small or smaller then Brawl's for some reason or another and completely shake this up. But I believe:

Very Likely (Characters I have pretty much full confidence in seeing again)
Zelda
Yoshi
Peach
Wario
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Olimar
Marth
Luigi
Ness
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Sonic

Likely (Characters I think will be in still, but at same time aren't as much shoe-ins as the ones in the Very Likely category. And if worst comes to worst that they will have to make a decent amount of cuts. then we might be saying goodbye to at least one of these)
Ice Climbers
Ike
Pokemon Trainer
Lucas
Falco
ROB
Mr. Game and Watch
Wolf
Snake

Possibility of being Cut
(Both have reasons they could possibly be cut that's been brought up enough times)
Lucario
Toon Link

^ Move Ice Climbers, Falco, and Game & Watch up to Very Likely (I personally don't see why they would remove any of the Melee characters) and you've got my list.

To those that hate tripping... (I'm sure everyone does actually LOL)

It's gone!!
Cool that they removed it. I wouldn't mind if they kept non-random tripping, but still, smart move to remove that altogether. Diddy's Down Special move will most likely be changed now. =P

Back