Games you hate that nobody else does

The world ends with you. The double combat means I usually just spam random buttons for the top screen and hope I do it right, while the plot is confusing as fuck. I just looked it up completely online before I even finished the first part because I couldn't handle it anymore. Not to mention that leveling up certain pins means you should just stop playing the game for multiple days. Well that I did. It's been about 300 days now?

Baby Luigi said:
Super Mario Galaxy 2

Probably not here, but on GameFAQs and nearly everywhere else, it keeps beating the other games at favorite 3D Mario game poll. I just don't get it. I seriously don't.

Yeah I don't get that either, super mario galaxy just seems superior to it in every way to me.

Both Super Mario Galaxies.

I had no entertainment out of them what so ever. They weren't fun.

Xpike said:
Hitoshura said:
Kefka dissing post
C'mon, you at least gotta admit that being of the few villians to actually destroy the world and become God has to count.
Van from Tales of the Abyss destroys a good amount of the world and develops a power high enough to compare with the HIGH GODDESS LORELEI.
Emperor from FFII overthrows GOD AND SATAN AND RAVAGES HEAVEN AND HELL. pudessemydaerlasiecalpehtlleHegavaruoyodwoh
And Abel from Devil Survivor's Chaos Path obliterates the world and takes God down in a COUP D'ETAT RUN BY DEMONS.

1. Spoiler that shit dude, people may want to play that.
2. Those guys still just want power, Kefka just wants to destroy stuff for no reason.

Xpike said:
1. Spoiler that *bleep* dude, people may want to play that.
2. Those guys still just want power, Kefka just wants to destroy stuff for no reason.

1. I did just spoiler it.
2. Yes, he has that going for him. But I just don't like him.

Yoshi's Island, Super Mario Bros. 1-3, Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, Pikmin

I don't really enjoy early nintendo games

Mijzelffan said:
The world ends with you. The double combat means I usually just spam random buttons for the top screen and hope I do it right, while the plot is confusing as fuck. I just looked it up completely online before I even finished the first part because I couldn't handle it anymore. Not to mention that leveling up certain pins means you should just stop playing the game for multiple days. Well that I did. It's been about 300 days now?

I thought I'd just give some tips, so here.

A) There is an option to let the computer control the top character. They do a good enough job to never be a burden, sometimes they do much better than the player.
B) Didn't finish the first third of the game, didn't understand the plot yet. This isn't even a complaint, it's just having no patience.
C) The Turn-off function to level up only works for a week before it stops giving EXP and the more days it has been, the exp given is lowered a lot. It's a whole lot quicker to just use the pin while going through the story to level it up. There's not much need to grind at all.

Mr. Game & Watch said:
Practically every single war-related or violent game, excluding Smash Bros. (Yes, I'm a pacifist)
That word doesn't mean what you think it means, or you wouldn't play any game. I think you're searching for "weak stomach".

Xpike said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
Practically every single war-related or violent game, excluding Smash Bros. (Yes, I'm a pacifist)
That word doesn't mean what you think it means, or you wouldn't play any game. I think you're searching for "weak stomach".
Not sure if you're trying to help me or insulting me, but I don't have a weak stomach. I just don't care for guns and such.

Mr. Game & Watch said:
Xpike said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
Not sure if you're trying to help me or insulting me, but I don't have a weak stomach. I just don't care for guns and such.
I'm saying that's not what being a pacifist means.

carckin355 said:
A) There is an option to let the computer control the top character. They do a good enough job to never be a burden, sometimes they do much better than the player.

Thanks, didn't know that.

B) Didn't finish the first third of the game, didn't understand the plot yet. This isn't even a complaint, it's just having no patience.

What plot, at that point there was literally no plot. It was just "do this mission" over and over again. The first thing close to an actual plot related thing happening was a main character dying, then more unexplained stuff happened, then it was back to "do this mission". That's not proper storytelling.

C) The Turn-off function to level up only works for a week before it stops giving EXP and the more days it has been, the exp given is lowered a lot. It's a whole lot quicker to just use the pin while going through the story to level it up. There's not much need to grind at all.

I knew that, that was me saying I stopped playing the game. Also some pins can only upgrade with close-your-ds exp.

Mijzelffan said:
carckin355 said:

What plot, at that point there was literally no plot. It was just "do this mission" over and over again. The first thing close to an actual plot related thing happening was a main character dying, then more unexplained stuff happened, then it was back to "do this mission". That's not proper storytelling.

I myself had no trouble since I think the point was that you were playing a game that you had no control over and everything that happened was not up to you, all you could do is follow orders or risk dying.

Super Mario Galaxy.

It's fun at first, but having to play the whole game over with Luigi........

Phantom L said:
Solar Blaze said:
carckin355 said:
Earthbound
I'm glad to know I'm not alone on this one.
I agree too, I don't see the fuss about it.
Ok I'm not gonna get over defensive on Earthbound nor flame you guys, but...

The reason I see many people enjoy Earthbound is that the story is just so well developed. Usually story doesn't make or break a game, but the story of Earthbound takes you on an emotional, but magical roller coaster ride, and it'll leave the player eager to know what's going to happen next. The game also has some great characters with great personality too, and its humor is great as well.

The music is really great as well, like Pokey Means Business, Home Sweet Home, Smiles and Tears, and some others as well. The music really fits the mood, and surprisingly, it's rather mesmerizing. :p

Gameplay has simple RPG battling, but instead you only die when your HP SCROLLS to 0. That means if you kill the enemy while you take mortal damage but it doesn't scroll to 0, your character(s) will still live. There's also the PSI spells Ness and his allies can perform which you will need. XD

However, as with every game, they all have their flaws and Earthbound is no exception. First one would be power balance. Eventually, in the game, Ness becomes much stronger than your allies. You’ll practically be scrambling to keep everyone except Ness alive when you get to the tougher enemies. It would’ve been great to have your allies at a preset level close to the enemies’ levels, rather than starting at level 1.

The 2nd flaw is Earthbound also has limited item space (which is only 14 items per ally), so you can’t just stock up on healing items. Earthbound is a game that is rather difficult; which will require some strategy, quick thinking, and good knowledge. You'll most likely need a guide of some sort for this game. (Then again maybe this is also a reason fans like it; they find it a step up in difficulty from other games =P)

Finally, while this isn’t an in-game issue, it’s for the SNES, which is old. Getting a cheap legit copy of the game is not easy, and you'll see RIDICULOUSLY HIGH prices. There’s always roms though, which I will not link any due to legal issues.

Despite the flaws, I find Earthbound a fantastic game. While we may disagree, I still respect all your opinions. :)

I could never get myself to play Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, and no, it's not just because of Baby Luigi being kidnapped....

I don't like SMB3 that much either.

In all honesty and I'm probably gonna get hated just for admitting it but I don't really like the original Donkey Kong that much.

I never really liked Ice Climber. That game has weird jumping.

it baffles me as to how they got into smash bros

'3Kraid said:

Ice Climber has a big fanbase? I always thought people said it was random and forgettable.

Legend Of Zelda Skyward Sword

A worthy Zelda game, but the fanboys killed it. Also, the whole thing is handholding 101. Also, it's fairly easy, and the plot is...just okay. But those controls. AWESOME. Very good game, but people need to shut up about it. Which is why I don't like it.

La Marionette said:
'3Kraid said:

Ice Climber has a big fanbase? I always thought people said it was random and forgettable.

I believe that they chose Ice Climbers to be representatives for the old Nintendo games.

Back