Games you hate that nobody else does

Red Koopa Paratroopa said:
Exactly, it was kinda boring because it was too pixelated, and the story was kinda dark.
Thousand-Year Door's storyline was pretty dark, too, but no one ever complains about that.

Mr. Game & Watch said:
NSY said:
What's wrong with the fact a story is dark.
Nothing at all, in fact it makes it better.
No.
nonononononono.
If a story is dark and edgey or light and fluffy doesn't make it a better story by default, kid. The thing with SPM is that it was a really boring story and game, while TTYD put you in fighting championships, a faux-detective story, and a journey to the moon, while still being really dark when it wanted, and at the same time the story in Superstar Saga is also way better than SPM and it's probably one of the lightest-hearted stories in videogames.

Xpike said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
NSY said:
No.
nonononononono.
If a story is dark and edgey or light and fluffy doesn't make it a better story by default, kid. The thing with SPM is that it was a really boring story and game, while TTYD put you in fighting championships, a faux-detective story, and a journey to the moon, while still being really dark when it wanted, and at the same time the story in Superstar Saga is also way better than SPM and it's probably one of the lightest-hearted stories in videogames.
um
ever heard of opinions

Bilbo Baggins said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
um
ever heard of opinions
what the bloody fuck is an opinion
[quote author=Wiktionary]
Noun
opinion (plural opinions)
1. A belief that a person has formed about a topic or issue.
I would like to know your opinions on the new systems.
In my opinion, white chocolate is better than milk chocolate.
Every man is a fool in some man's opinion.
Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Oscar Wilde

[/quote]

Mr. Game & Watch said:
Bilbo Baggins said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
um
ever heard of opinions
Noun
Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Oscar Wilde
[/quote]You know that was a joke, right?

Lakituthequick said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
Bilbo Baggins said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
um
ever heard of opinions
Noun
You know that was a joke, right?
[/quote]
Yes.

SPM was acceptable, dark story...either it worked excellently (like the afterlife sequences and Bleck and Tippi's relations), or it failed (every other sequence), graphics worked decently, music was okay, with a few memorable songs (namely the Underwhere and Ultimate Show), gameplay was acceptable, TOO EASY (I NEVER DIED), a masterpiece of a script, though. It was okay overall.

Sticker Star was awful in every way except graphics.

Mr. Game & Watch said:
Xpike said:
Mr. Game & Watch said:
NSY said:
No.
nonononononono.
um
ever heard of opinions
Opinions can be wrong too, you know, and saying a story is better for being dark is one of those.

An opinion can't be inherently wrong. If I say sandwich 1 tastes better than sandwich 2 just because it has one drop more of ketchup(terrible reasoning) doesn't mean I am wrong. Same with your example, it's not inherently wrong, regardless of its reasoning.

Facts can be proven wrong, opinions cannot. Mainly because they're not inherently so.

Dark Ingsmasher said:
An opinion can't be inherently wrong. If I say sandwich 1 tastes better than sandwich 2 just because it has one drop more of ketchup(terrible reasoning) doesn't mean I am wrong. Same with your example, it's not inherently wrong, regardless of its reasoning.

Facts can be proven wrong, opinions cannot. Mainly because they're not inherently so.
So, if I say "I think all non-white people should be killed", it's right because it's my opinion?

Xpike said:
So, if I say "I think all non-white people should be killed", it's right because it's my opinion?
That's a completely different matter. As long as morality isn't involved, such as the example you just used, then an opinion can't be right or wrong, since they're purely subjective.

Xpike said:
Unless you're referring to Colors and Generations, everyone hates modern Sonic games.
It's the other way around for me. I find both of those games to be extremely overrated. Generations, in my opinion, was the bigger disappointment.

Solar Blaze said:
Xpike said:
Unless you're referring to Colors and Generations, everyone hates modern Sonic games.
It's the other way around for me. I find both of those games to be extremely overrated. Generations, in my opinion, was the bigger disappointment.
Says the person who likes Blaze.

Yes, your opinion, but IMO, I HATE BLAZE. No need to rant, let's continue.

Final Fantasy Thirteen-Dash-Two. Must I say more?

Serge Breaker said:
Says the person who likes Blaze.
I never said that those two games were outright terrible, but at the same time, I just don't think they're even half as flawless as so many people make them out to be. Generations, in particular, was disappointing, because that game was hyped up to be way more than what it actually was. The game claimed to have been covering all twenty years of Sonic's history, and yet it didn't even do half of it (with one example being that the Game Gear/Master System era was purposely left out, because in Iizuka's words, they're "not of recent memory"), the game was ridiculously short, with little to no replay value, and it had the single, most disappointing storyline in any 3D Sonic game ever. Admittedly, Sonic and the Black Knight's was worse, but I never expected anything good to come out of it in the first place.

Xpike said:
Kingfawful4321 said:
Modern Sonic games.
Well only Sonic 06 is the only Sonic game everyone really hates. I know some people hate Shadow, Heroes (which I liked myself), Secret Rings.

Unleashed was actually quite good and I myself liked the night stages. I don't know why the PS360 version got bashed so badly by both IGN and Gamespot.

I do hate Sonic and the Black Knight though.

Of the recent Sonic games I think only Colors is overrated. Sure its fun but its not as good as the others. I've liked all the others.

Super Mario RPG. OK, I don't HATE it, but I REALLY don't see what's so amazing about it. The graphics make everything look really ugly, the characters and plot are completely one-dimensional (Why does everyone like Geno? He's literally a doll possessed by a star spirit thing. He isn't even that special). I can't believe people think this game is about as good as Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger. Sure, it's cool to see Mario in an RPG, but Paper Mario was so much better it made Super Mario RPG look incredibly dated by comparison.

Purple Yoshi said:
Super Mario RPG. OK, I don't HATE it, but I REALLY don't see what's so amazing about it. The graphics make everything look really ugly, the characters and plot are completely one-dimensional (Why does everyone like Geno? He's literally a doll possessed by a star spirit thing. He isn't even that special). I can't believe people think this game is about as good as Final Fantasy 6 and Chrono Trigger. Sure, it's cool to see Mario in an RPG, but Paper Mario was so much better it made Super Mario RPG look incredibly dated by comparison.
Those "really ugly graphics" are actually some of the best you can possibly get out of the SNES.

Mr. Game & Watch said:
Purple Yoshi said:
Those "really ugly graphics" are actually some of the best you can possibly get out of the SNES.

Yeah, but the problem is they look really dated now, probably BECAUSE they were trying to make it look so good in terms of SNES graphics. And I never really did understand how the isometric view worked in platforming segments.

But, you know, OPINIONS!

Back