Games you hate that nobody else does

Purple Yoshi said:
Yeah, but the problem is they look really dated now, probably BECAUSE they were trying to make it look so good in terms of SNES graphics. And I never really did understand how the isometric view worked in platforming segments.

But, you know, OPINIONS!
Well of course they look dated, how could they not if they were made on a 16-bit console compared with the 512-bit Wii U?
That's not a problem the developers at the time could control. Plus, those graphics look better in my opinion compared with the horrid NSMB series (except possibly NSLU) and Sticker Star.

yay 100th reply

Purple Yoshi said:
Yeah, but the problem is they look really dated now, probably BECAUSE they were trying to make it look so good in terms of SNES graphics. And I never really did understand how the isometric view worked in platforming segments.

But, you know, OPINIONS!

I agree, I thought the style of Mario RPG was pretty ugly. There are plenty of SNES games that look pretty great today but I don't see the appeal of Mario RPG's looks.

Yoshidude99 said:
I personally love Super Mario RPG but thats my opinion.
We've got a topic for games you love that no one else does.

I DO NOT LIKE Devil May Cry 4, though I heard some good things about it in reviews, I just don't like it.

Serge Breaker said:
Yoshidude99 said:
We've got a topic for games you love that no one else does.

I DO NOT LIKE Devil May Cry 4, though I heard some good things about it in reviews, I just don't like it.
Except I'm not the only one who loves it.

All these first-person shooters: the people are annoying and it's too repetitive and unrealistic for me (coming from a guy who likes Mario, the King of Repetition).

Yoshi876 said:
All these first-person shooters: the people are annoying and it's too repetitive and unrealistic for me (coming from a guy who likes Mario, the King of Repetition).

must not be playing the actual good ones then.

Unreal tournament, borederlands 2, and deus ex are just the shit man.

Metroid. It's the only Metroid game I dislike. I know it's the very first one and all, but the saving system is really haphazard and I really, really hate how you have to start from the beginning every time you die.

September said:
Zelda II is the only Zelda game I dislike.

I thought nearly everyone thought that Zelda II was a bad game. So, I wouldn't say it's a game that "you hate that nobody else does".

MCS said:
Metroid. It's the only Metroid game I dislike. I know it's the very first one and all, but the saving system is really haphazard and I really, really hate how you have to start from the beginning every time you die.

a lot of people hate the original metroid lol.

Once zero mission came out it pretty much became the definition of shit.

Zae said:

Really? I honestly have never heard much flack about it, I assumed I was one of the minority that hated it.

MCS said:
Zae said:

Really? I honestly have never heard much flack about it, I assumed I was one of the minority that hated it.

about to everyone i talked about didnt like the game due to shit saving and no map. Once zero mission came out it seemed like everyone just threw the original out of the window and said zero mission was the only way they could play the start of the metroid series.

i can't name anyone i know that likes it either.

Yoshi876 said:

>all these

which ones are 'these'

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Yoshi876 said:

>all these

which ones are 'these'
He obviously means all those "Call od Duties" games the popular kids are always talking about.

Yoshidude99 said:

You are my friend fellow trooper. Super Mario rpg is one of the best rpg's on the snes.... next to earthbound.

Earthbound/mother 2.

Didn't like this game much due to boring ass battle system, pathetic difficulty, a real sluggish game, bike being pretty much dumped early in game, lack of optional content, yo-yo's being a shit excuse of a weapon, and the horrible balance of the game(although that can go with difficulty i think).that's it.

Although i admit that some of the sprite work is decent, the music is good, and the fact that the enemy designs are interesting unlike mother 3's where enemies just seemed duct-taped of random animals and machines.

breath of fire 2

many rpg fans ive encountered often told me to play bof2 which at the time was interested in.

I quickly found out this game is fucking horrible.

Very bland ost, all the towns in the same look almost identical, theres also the fact that the damn game feels like pointless in the first part as your friend is set up by a theif which you go to catch. This ends up being a wild goose chase for like 10 hours of the game, which you get your friend back only for the game to start him at like level 2-3, which all your other characters end up being like level 20-25. Meaning if you want to use him you need to grind FOREVER to get him caught up.

Unknown Entity said:
Zelda franchise as a whole. I never could get into those. I don't wanna say "hate" but I don't like them that's for sure.
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Sonic 1

I don't get why so many people love the first Sonic, only 50% of this games levels are good. Spring Yard is bland, Marble is boring and Labyrinth is one of the worst levels I have played in all gaming. Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 and Knuckles were much much better games.

Final Fantasy 9

A final boss doesn't make the game bad eh? Does a mostly bland playable cast make it bad? No? How bout a crap OST and meh graphics?

Back