'Shroom Spotlight

I'd be happy to replace some of those 3DS screenshots, but is there any way to upload screenshots straight from a 3DS? I used to use Miiverse but that obviously isn't an option anymore, and I can't get any other options like imgur to work.
Only options I can think of are CFW and Citra.

I have CFW, that's how I got that MK7 screenshot but I do not own Sticker Star and I don't plan on pirating it.

Oh, the Sticker Star one was a pre-release screenshot from E3 2010, so I'm not sure if finding a high-quality version of that is even possible.
I'm aware that YouTube or other streaming platforms aren't the greatest for uploading images from, but I wasn't sure if the image might've popped up in a pre-release trailer, that presumably Nintendo would have a high-quality version of on their channel. If it's gameplay footage taken at demos, then we might be unable to replace it.

EDIT: Checking my talk page, EDShoot has informed me that the screenshot was taken from the Nintendo World 2011 trailer, which doesn't appear to be online anywhere else.

So, I'm wondering given the fact that it looks unlikely that the quality itself can be improved further, what should we do? Take the tag off, despite it hardly being a high-quality image, or leave it on, although there seems to be no way to improve it?

Last edited:
If there's no way to improve an image, the image-quality tag shouldn't be on there. We should note on the image description on why its quality is like that.

I have improved Pipeline Boom Lagoon for this month's 'Shroom Spotlight. It looks like there are many other Super Mario 3D World level articles in need of improvement, so hopefully I can get to those at some point as well.

Note sure if I am able to help out with this more, but at least I found who added the Korean name to River Piranha Plant. It was a person with the ID of 116.118.74.66 and he seems to add other Korean names back in 2018. I highly doubt this person is still around, though.

Let's take a look at what we got for this month's Spotlight.

Kamek's Curse (wanted articles)
Chomp Ruins (rewrite)
Pipeline Boom Lagoon (rewrite-expand)

River Piranha Plant (citation needed)
Gold Lakitu (more images needed)
File:Sluggers Tornado Swing.jpg (image quality)

I have improved Pipeline Boom Lagoon for this month's 'Shroom Spotlight. It looks like there are many other Super Mario 3D World level articles in need of improvement, so hopefully I can get to those at some point as well.
Great work! I remember featuring Mount Must Dash last year, sadly no bites on it.

Note sure if I am able to help out with this more, but at least I found who added the Korean name to River Piranha Plant. It was a person with the ID of 116.118.74.66 and he seems to add other Korean names back in 2018. I highly doubt this person is still around, though.
Don't worry, hopefully someone may come forward with a proper source.

Last edited:
I've read the Shroom Spotlight template regarding Dr. Mario World models and, ah, several things I wanna say:

• 8-Bit Doctor Mario is, iirc, texture animated, not key-framed. He uses the same principles of animation as sprites.
  • Some doctors use vertex animations for their losing poses or a morph modifier. Dolphin, Koopa, and Lakitu iirc used them for their mouths. The reason I hadn't uploaded them earlier was that I ripped them before they were released, so I can't get an approximation of what their mouths look like as vertex animations aren't recorded in the model.
  • Winning animations is do-able. I'll get around doing them.
  • Skill animations...I could try
  • Not only there's attack, there's getting hit as well.
I probably won't finish this in a span of a month before the next spotlight but I'll see what I can do.

I've read the Shroom Spotlight template regarding Dr. Mario World models and, ah, several things I wanna say:

• 8-Bit Doctor Mario is, iirc, texture animated, not key-framed. He uses the same principles of animation as sprites.
  • Some doctors use vertex animations for their losing poses or a morph modifier. Dolphin, Koopa, and Lakitu iirc used them for their mouths. The reason I hadn't uploaded them earlier was that I ripped them before they were released, so I can't get an approximation of what their mouths look like as vertex animations aren't recorded in the model.
  • Winning animations is do-able. I'll get around doing them.
  • Skill animations...I could try
  • Not only there's attack, there's getting hit as well.
I probably won't finish this in a span of a month before the next spotlight but I'll see what I can do.
Don't worry if it's not all finished, this is definitely good progress for the page :)

Oh by the way, the number one reason I'm not immediately leaping onto this is that the Dr. Mario World gallery's load times are really fudged beyond belief, taking a large amount of time to load. Is there anyway to make loading of the animated gifs optional?

The overall size of the gallery isn't the problem though. It's the volume. The animated gifs are pretty much around 60-100 images each.

Yeah, I get it. I just did a test creation with only the animated models on the page, and it still gave me loading issues. While the gifs are cool, we might have to go with pngs of one frame of the animation if we want this page to actually load. Unless you just tell your browser to stop loading.

Thumbnails DO stop rendering if the main gif is too big, but I was wondering if there's a way to force it to stop for the purposes of larger pages with more of them in it, because on an individual basis, seeing the resized animations can be useful and illustrative but when bunched all like that...yeah.

I think it's a good idea to split the models into their own page so people trying to browse through Dr. Mario World images don't have to deal with it while people who DO want animated models can wait for the page to load.

I didn't read the spotlight, so it's actually a coincidence that I released the World 4 article for Dr. Mario World earlier. I mainly did that because I wanted a simpler article after the more complex later Worlds (due to more to keep track of, such as the flasks). The reason I pushed for it to be finished was to get ahead of the version 2.0.0 update. So it worked out in the end.

Thank you for reading.

I think it's a good idea to split the models into their own page so people trying to browse through Dr. Mario World images don't have to deal with it while people who DO want animated models can wait for the page to load.
I just did a test creation with only the animated models on the page, and it still gave me loading issues.
Splitting probably won't solve the overall issue.

I know it wouldn't, but the thing is is that it drags every other element of the page down, such as loading artwork, screenshots, textures, etc.

Back