Have we all had enough of the Miis?

What do you think of Miis constantly appearing in Mario games?

• It's a good idea.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • They need to stop taking over the series.

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I still despise labeling people. It's like labeling "geek" or "nerd".

Miis are all right but the only games that they really don't belong in are Mario Kart 7, New Super Mario Bros. U and New Super Luigi U because they have awful voices and they really need to be taken out. I really think they need to be replaced by more Mario characters.

I also want the Miis to be removed in the backgrounds of Boost Rush, in New Super Mario Bros. U and the tracks they appear in Mario Kart 7.

Why don't they belong in MK7? And if they don't belong there, why do they belong in MKW?

^Miyamoto was actually against them being in Mario Kart Wii

I've always hated Miis. The Mii Channel/Maker is the least used Channel/App on my 3DS, Wii and Wii U. I honestly prefer the (in my opinion) completely useless News and Weather Channels on the Wii. I've always loved Nintendo and what they've done with their consoles and games, but the Miis have to go!

Pokopo708 said:
I've always hated Miis. The Mii Channel/Maker is the least used Channel/App on my 3DS, Wii and Wii U. I honestly prefer the (in my opinion) completely useless News and Weather Channels on the Wii. I've always loved Nintendo and what they've done with their consoles and games, but the Miis have to go!

I don't prefer the news and weather channels, but Miis are pretty dumpy and overused.

Baby Luigi said:

Then why the hell did they make the cut? Isn't Miyamoto, like, the maximum, top-of-the-top boss when making Mario games?

I despise Miis. I hate them. They don't fit in Mario games and I hate how they're being included in basically every single one of them.

Anser said:
Baby Luigi said:

Then why the hell did they make the cut? Isn't Miyamoto, like, the maximum, top-of-the-top boss when making Mario games?

I despise Miis. I hate them. They don't fit in Mario games and I hate how they're being included in basically every single one of them.

IIRC I don't think he's the director behind the Mario Kart games.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013/06/17/e3-2013-mario-kart-8-interview/

Multiplayer: Those games in particular feature some of the Namco characters, and the "Smash Bros." series features some third party characters as well. Has that ever been an ideal that's been tossed around for "Mario Kart"?

Mr. Konno: The idea always come up during development of new "Mario Karts," but we believe there's a certain feel that "Mario Kart" has as a series, it's Mario kart, the "Mario Kart" characters are the ones that are going to be coming out. We almost feel like there's a secret rule that Mr. Miyamoto has that limits those new characters to just Mario.

If we did it too much it would be "Smash Kart."

Multiplayer: That would be an interesting game.

Mr. Konno: (laughs)

Mr. Yabuki: Actually, the addition of the Miis is kind of pushing us towards that.

Mr. Konno: Don't tell anybody, but when we put the Miis in, Mr. Miyamoto was even kind of like, "You know, aren't you crossing the line here? This doesn't exactly feel like 'Mario Kart.'" But you know, with the Mii being a basic part of the console, we were able to put it in, and have him actually play it to get his sign off. It's still an unlock, you can't select a Mii from the get-go. So, for some reason it didn't exactly cross that secret line, but it kind of came close.

I'd rather use a Mario character for my avatar than a shitty and generic-looking Mii.

If Nintendo is going to add Miis everywhere in my Mario games, my axe will be stained blood-red from the body fluids of Miis.

Like I said before, if Miis are going to be in Mario games, they need to be in the other Nintendo games too.

They can keep their influence out of Kirby, Link, Samus, Animal Crossing (I know they're there), Star Fox, and the other Nintendo games.

Mario Party X said:
They can keep their influence out of Kirby, Link, Samus, Animal Crossing (I know they're there), Star Fox, and the other Nintendo games.
I would've thought you'd have enjoyed eating them in Kirby, slicing them in Zelda, and blasting them in Star Fox and Metroid

Yeah, I would like them to return as enemies.

But in Nintendo's way, Miis appear as playable or avatars, which rules out that option to cleave them in half.

No, not that. I'd use a Mii and continuously fall off a cliff, get crushed, get burnt, and try to make the Mii's death as painfully and slowly as possible.

But I like inflicting pain on others, not myself.

Mario Party X said:
Yeah, I would like them to return as enemies. But in Nintendo's way, Miis appear as playable or avatars, which rules out that option to cleave them in half.

I'd rather use a Mario character for my avatar than a *bleep*ty and generic-looking Mii.
We know the goal of Miis is to have avatars influence on all games.

But excluding NSMB, most role-playing games only focus on certain characters and you can hardly replace them with Miis, then Mario spinoffs which contains lots of playable characters become the main residence of Miis.

Maybe licensed character avatars are possible, but I don't really see if Nintendo is willing to do that from the WiiU Mii system.

Mario Party X said:
Miis were used for the file select screen in Metroid Prime 3, iirc.

ジュゲムザクイック said:
Don't forget people, Mii's are optional. Don't like them, don't use them.

Personally I like them, but my opinion isn't binding.
Oh, I know that, hence why I never, ever use them. Still, I can show my disapproval, can I? Miis kinda take away the Mario feel, don't they?

Mario Party X said:
Miis kinda take away the Mario feel, don't they?
I agree, but it only results as total unavailability in all games. It's just that what kind of avatars do you ask for, or whether the clothes, body and accesorries in that game can't make them Mario-ish.

Can we just have Mario characters for avatars instead of wasting time with Miis? Y'know, like in Galaxy and Hoops 3-on-3? My sister and I would love using a Wario avatar (after all, the most important character, the trophy kill, needs to be represented by us).

Mario Party X said:
Can we just have Mario characters for avatars instead of wasting time with Miis? Y'know, like in Galaxy and Hoops 3-on-3? My sister and I would love using a Wario avatar (after all, the most important character, the trophy kill, needs to be represented by us).
Oh, they're optional. You don't have to.

If Nintendo can use their time to do other things like putting some Wario characters, I'd vote for that. I don't hate to see an avatar system, the only problem is I don't see they try to improve the system so that all players can enjoy this system.

Back