Have we all had enough of the Miis?

What do you think of Miis constantly appearing in Mario games?

• It's a good idea.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • They need to stop taking over the series.

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cap'n Long John Roberts said:
Miis are all over the place and it's going a little too far, don't you think?

I wouldn't say that characters that are almost (if not always) optional are appearing all over the place.

Crackin355 said:
NSY said:
NSY said:
Come on, the Mii's stayed out of the main quest in NSMBU.

That's still not a good excuse for me. Miis do not belong in the Mario universe. For once, I actually agree with Game Dude.
So you don't even want them in spin offs?

Obviously he does not. Even though that won't change. They're extras, I doubt they would put in more time to put a character there if they decided to ditch the Mii's. they're entire purpose is to please casual players. I see a shit ton of people online in MK7 play as their Mii's..

I didn't mind Miis in Mario Kart Wii because hey, it is a Wii game and Miis are basically the icons for the Wii. I would be okay if Miis only appeared in that but they just appear again, and again, then finally they try to invade a mainstream game. Now that's going to far. Miis are all over the place and it's going a little too far, don't you think? Well hey, I can still have fun playing as Poopie-Doo or Crotch-Face Guy in a Mario game. :P

That's the entire point of the Mii's in those games. To give an extra option to play as themselves or other Mii's for fun. That and to please Casual gamers.

I honestly think that it hasn't gone too far, just that people complain about it too much. I understand that if they pull a Fortune Street (Single Player forces you to be a Mii) it's perfectly understandable to be pissed off, but they're pretty much just that extra option that you can choose if you want and nothing more.

Luna the 45th Nazgul of the Turbotastic Sith Lords said:
Miis are all over the place and it's going a little too far, don't you think?

I wouldn't say that characters that are almost (if not always) optional are appearing all over the place.

The next thing you know, they will be appearing in every Mario game to date. I mean, just look at all of these games they've appeared in: Mario Kart Wii, a Mario & Sonic at the Olympics game, Mario Kart 7, Mario Tennis Open, and even New Super Mario Bros. U! Is that even all of the games they appeared in? They have so far appeared in pretty much every Mario game since Mario Kart 7. Next thing you know, they will be in the freaking story modes of the mainstream games. I'm not even exaggerating, that probably will happen some day because of how frequently they've been appearing. I swear, if Nintendo even tries to push them in to the RPG games...

I hate it how file avatars are basically REQUIRED to use Mii heads.

Why not use heads of your favorite character such as Wario in Mario Hoops 3-on-3? Or in Brawl? Why are we required to see those hideous caricatures every time we start up a game?

They have so far appeared in pretty much every Mario game since Mario Kart 7. Next thing you know, they will be in the freaking story modes of the mainstream games. I'm not even exaggerating, that probably will happen some day because of how frequently they've been appearing. I swear, if Nintendo even tries to push them in to the RPG games...
You are assuming alot.

The next thing you know, they will be appearing in every Mario game to date. I mean, just look at all of these games they've appeared in: Mario Kart Wii, a Mario & Sonic at the Olympics game, Mario Kart 7, Mario Tennis Open, and even New Super Mario Bros. U!
And they weren't mandatory to use in any of them.

They have so far appeared in pretty much every Mario game since Mario Kart 7. Next thing you know, they will be in the freaking story modes of the mainstream games. I'm not even exaggerating, that probably will happen some day because of how frequently they've been appearing. I swear, if Nintendo even tries to push them in to the RPG games...
You are assuming alot.

He's going more for the slippery slope argument than really assuming

Baby Luigi said:
You are assuming alot.

He's going more for the slippery slope argument than really assuming

No really, that is an actual possibility. That might actually happen someday. Well, I hope it doesn't.

That way you worded it sounded more like a slippery slope fallacy than a reasonable possibility

okay, so, here are the games Mii's have been playable in and have not been in since their first introduction.

Mii's: (11)
Mario Party 8 (Extra Mode Only or something like that, barely even there)
Mario & Sonic @ Olympic Games
Mario Kart Wii
Mario Super Sluggers (Can't complain, that game had shit tons of characters)
Mario & Sonic @ Olympic Winter Games
Mario Sports Mix
Fortune Street
Mario & Sonic @ Olympic London Games
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mario Kart 7
Mario Tennis Open

No Mii's: (9)
Mario Strikers Charged
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mario Party 9
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
Paper Mario: Sticker Star

I might have missed a few. Anyway, they have been in spin-offs only beside NSMBU. I believe it's an overreaction to say that they are taking over. And it's fucking stupid to think they will try and put them in RPG series, no offense. You're being way too paranoid about Mii's.

@Crackin, I've seen quite a number of hardcore players also like Miis.

Baby Luigi said:
That way you worded it sounded more like a slippery slope fallacy than a reasonable possibility

But still, It could happen. Maybe it will. Who knows? They have been appearing very frequently, they were all over the place in the latest Mario Kart games. You were forced to play as them in Fortune Steet single player mode. They might even appear in Yarn Yoshi. I mean, look. Crackin mentioned 11 games that they appeared in. There have been more recent Mario games that had the Miis than recent games that did not have the Miis. There are few games where they are entirely optional. Oh well, if you can't beat them, join them. Now it's not very likely that Miis will be in the RPG games but again, who knows? Also, I agree with Tempest Tales that they have bad voices. That's the main thing I don't like about Miis. Their voices are just weird and unfitting. Well anyways, this is John signing off and if you'll excuse me, I'll make a funny Mii and play as one in New Super Mario Bros. U.

It could happen

Doesn't mean that it will

Crackin355 said:
NSY said:

I said it's made for the casuals, not that Hardcore players aren't allowed to like them.

lol labeling gamers as "hardcore" and "casual" and lumping them into two categories only

Baby Luigi said:
It could happen

Doesn't mean that it will

Crackin355 said:
NSY said:

I said it's made for the casuals, not that Hardcore players aren't allowed to like them.

lol labeling gamers as "hardcore" and "casual" and lumping them into two categories only
I know it might not happen but still, you never know.

There's more types of gamers than casual and hardcore you know.

Still

lol labeling gamers

Baby Luigi said:

Still

lol labeling gamers

My Post was about Casual Gamers. NSY Replied about Hardcore Gamers. I Replied to him about both. I did not need to mention other types of gamers, I did not say there was only two 'categories', because theres no fucking point in listing them all. Also, its a shit ton easier to use stereotypes/labels to explain your points than it is to say a long sentence describing each one. I'm sure you would rather use the two words 'casual' & 'hardcore' then saying a huge sentence describing each one, so stfu.

tl;dr I didn't need to mention every type of gamer, so stfu.

Crackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:

Still

lol labeling gamers

My Post was about Casual Gamers. NSY Replied about Hardcore Gamers. I Replied to him about both. I did not need to mention other types of gamers, I did not say there was only two 'categories', because theres no *bleep*ing point in listing them all. Also, its a *bleep* ton easier to use stereotypes/labels to explain your points than it is to say a long sentence describing each one. I'm sure you would rather use the two words 'casual' & 'hardcore' then saying a huge sentence describing each one, so stfu.

tl;dr I didn't need to mention every type of gamer, so stfu.

Why the hell are you stereotyping? Why?

It's like saying, "OMG, this guy must be French because he eats snails or is a snob." "Native Americans wear feathers and don't say complete sentences!" and claiming you use these images only to make your point better?

This sort of crap actually worsens your point

There IS no "hardcore", "softcore", "casual", "not-so-casual", "a little bit hardcore" and other "types of gamers". There is only one gamer: it's simply people who play games.

And who do you think you are that you can go around and tell other people to "stfu"?

Baby Luigi said:
Why the hell are you stereotyping? Why?

It's like saying, "OMG, this guy must be French because he eats snails or is a snob." "Native Americans wear feathers and don't say complete sentences!" and claiming you use these images only to make your point better?

This sort of crap actually worsens your point

There IS no "hardcore", "softcore", "casual", "not-so-casual", "a little bit hardcore" and other "types of gamers". There is only one gamer: it's simply people who play games.

And who do you think you are that you can go around and tell other people to "stfu"?

Did you read my post? I'm stereotyping to get a point across. It doesn't matter that you believe there is only one type of gamer, the terms 'casual gamers' and 'hardcore gamers' are used commonly now and are stereotypes that I used simply to get my point across. If you noticed, I was responding to NSY when I mentioned 'hardcore' gamers because he used the stereotype to describe his friends, so I used the same one to answer what he replied. Then you responded 'lol labeling gamers lol' as if it was not a thing. Anybody who plays games is a gamer, you're right, but the reason stereotypes are even a thing is to describe people in a little more detail so that you can understand.

When I say casual gamer, you know what I'm talking about. Saying that Mii's were made for gamers makes no sense. Add 'casual' and you can understand what I'm trying to point out. See?

Sorry for saying 'stfu' by the way, that was probably a bit harsh. Although I hope I get my point across this time because I don't really like trying to explain myself to you, it's incredibly hard and frustrating.

Poppy Bro Sr. said:
I don't think he'll be banned. That would be a bit much.

I imagine I will be getting a warning, but a week ban or something could happen. I tend to not get along with BLOF and people who act mighty.

The last time I got a warning was almost the same deal, except I was 100% in the wrong.

Baby Luigi said:

By the way, I'd like to point out that this is entirely irrelevant because the stereotypes I use are not offensive stereotypes, they're descriptive.

Um, how did a thread talking about freaking Miis become a flamewar? I mean, I'm not going to read every single previous post but it's clear we went off-topic. I don't like to get involved with things I have no relevance in, but I suggest that both Crackin and Baby Luigi cool down and this thread be closed since it's a mess now. I don't consider Crackin should be banned; that would be a little exaggerated.

Back