Have we all had enough of the Miis?

What do you think of Miis constantly appearing in Mario games?

• It's a good idea.

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • I don't really care.

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • They need to stop taking over the series.

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i hate them in some games (animal crossing was the one that made the least sense to me. like why would you want a weird head with emotionless eyes staring at you)
but some games they're ok (i could deal with them being save files in smg1 and smg2 and i could deal with them in mp8)
in some games they're fine BUT THE VOICES ARE AWFUL (*cough* mario kart *cough*)

I totally agree with this. But the Mario Kart 7 Mii voices are just awful. Here are the characters that I really hope will appear in these games that should replace the awful sounding Miis.

Mario Kart 7: Waluigi, Toadette, Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, Birdo, Baby Mario, Paratroopa, King Boo, Dry Bones, Baby Peach and Dry Bowser.

New Super Mario Bros U: Wario and Waluigi.

New Super Luigi U: Wario, Waluigi and Mario.

Also in New Super Luigi U, make Nabbit playable in Single Player in the final level called Flying Squirrel Ovation.

Please make this happen Nintendo.

Sprag94 said:
I totally agree with this. But the Mario Kart 7 Mii voices are just awful. Here are the characters that I really hope will appear in these games that should replace the awful sounding Miis.

Mario Kart 7: Waluigi, Toadette, Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, Birdo, Baby Mario, Paratroopa, King Boo, Dry Bones, Baby Peach and Dry Bowser.

Also in New Super Luigi U, make Nabbit playable in Single Player in the final level called Flying Squirrel Ovation.

You do realize all three games you just listed are already released, right?

ジュゲムザクイック said:
Sprag94 said:

You do realize all three games you just listed are already released, right?
Yes, I do realize that all of these 3 games that I listed are already released. But I still want all of these things to happen as DLC and also add more things like, adding Single VS Mode and taking out rival order in Mario Kart 7 and adding more Yoshi colours in New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi U.

Nintendo barely does DLC like that; you'd be hard pressed for them to even consider adding new characters

I don't really mind them myself. They're little personalized avatars that allow players to play as themselves, their family members and friends, etc. in the game even if with some of the limited options you cant make them exactly like you at times. I don't quite get any reason to particularly hate them other then when they have annoying voices (Such as in MK7) or because they're there just for the casual crowd and not "hardcore"

To be honest, I half-expect them to be playable in SSB4. It's almost inevitable. It'd appeal to the casual crowd, and there's signs pointing to it already (Wii Fit Trainer playable, Smash games tend to celebrate the previous generation and Miis are a big part of the Wii generation in which it will focus on, The island that appeared in Wii Fit & Wii Sports Resort is present in the Pilotwings stage, and like it or not Miis are a part of Nintendo's history much more clearly and for the foreseeable future. There's no signs that Nintendo's letting go of the Miis anytime soon). But I know if/when this happens there will be an internet riot perhaps much larger then when Wii Fit Trainer was announced as a newcomer.

And if/when that happens. I'll just be sitting back thinking to myself "You really didn't see this coming?"

Sprag94 said:
Mario Kart 7: Waluigi, Toadette, Bowser Jr, Diddy Kong, Birdo, Baby Mario, Paratroopa, King Boo, Dry Bones, Baby Peach and Dry Bowser
Yes, I do realize that all of these 3 games that I listed are already released. But I still want all of these things to happen as DLC and also add more things like, adding Single VS Mode and taking out rival order in Mario Kart 7 and adding more Yoshi colours in New Super Mario Bros U and New Super Luigi U.
I don't see what you're asking for. First, making Mii system is an additonal option, not necissarily mean Nintendo cost all the time but not making other character models. Well, maybe they're relevant, but Miis are not the only factor to bring the games down.

Second, Wario bros have own series and other main characters (Toad, Daisy etc) are prior options in that series, while the lack of Waluigi in Wario games is more controversial . Still if Nintendo really do what you said, we can appreciate that.

DLC is another topic. We don't know if they're willing to add more characters, because these games had been release for a while. For now we can't put too much expectation.

I love seeing them in Spinoffs, I often select them there.. but never ever put them in main series games nintendo!

ThePremiumYoshi said:
I don't really mind them in the spinoffs, but in mainstream platform games? No, thanks.

Ninja'd

YES. I used to like them, but I hate how they get to get special treatment in the games they're in (Mario Golf: World Tour gives them their own game mode)

Yes, it's a near year-old necro, but I still think Miis are stupid and dumb, especially when they're part of Mario games.

Miis, along with Yoshi and Koopa Troopa, are the only stamps I "forgot" to get in Mario Kart 8

Mii's are pretty boring in basically all games. Mario Kart? Just a simple palette swap with no overly good stats. Mario Golf? Underpowered things are worse than Bowser and have less power than Nabbit. Mario Tennis? Only customised through overpowered gear. Smash Bros. Is a good idea though.

Miis in Smash are better fit than Miis in Mario games.

Meh, Miis have always been on my nuke list. Ever since Fortune Street.

They are so annoying in Mario Kart 8. The heavy ones have Bowser, Wario and Morton overpowered stats. So they are common online. Their voices are so obnoxious. Any Mario character is better than them.
They really shine on games like Tomodatchi Life, but for me they just don't fit in Mario games.

I was tired of them being shoved into every other game into day one. Alright, make Miiverse and mii-centered games or whatever, but why are we shoving them into completely unrelated games?

I hate Miis.

They should stay in their own freaking games and stay OUT of the Mario series

Cirdec said:
They are so annoying in Mario Kart 8. The heavy ones have Bowser, Wario and Morton overpowered stats. So they are common online. Their voices are so obnoxious. Any Mario character is better than them.
They really shine on games like Tomodatchi Life, but for me they just don't fit in Mario games.
I don't play online (for a very, very good reason), but I hate Miis due to their abundance in online. It kind of ruins that Mario Kart feel, I suppose.

Miiverse sucks because it's friggin' Miis.

Miis have the same amount of customization as a brick... without any chiseling tools.

Don't bash on bricks yo

Cane toads are an essential part of an ecosystem

Miis are just ugly as sin crap characters

Back