Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

Looker said:
The setting and story of this game has a lot of potential, the way I see it. I just really hope they utilize it as much as they can. Since I presume this game will explore Luigi's thoughts, I can see some cool stuff happening. The three things I really want to see are:

1. A segment of the story about King Boo and Luigi's Mansion. Seriously, this would be awesome and it will finally introduce King Boo to the Mario RPG games in general. Petey was introduced in PiT, Gooper Blooper in PMSS, so why not King Boo?

2. A segment about Waluigi. This would be the perfect time to introduce Waluigi in the main games, even if he is just a part of Luigi's dream, or rather, nightmare. Luigi's had plenty of encounters with Waluigi and I'm sure Luigi wouldn't just forget about them.

3. Finally, a section of the story about Luigi and his jealousy of always being outshone by Mario, and because of this, he has pictured Mario as a bad guy and his dreams. Something like "Nightmare Mario" or "Luigi's Nightmare" or something where an evil version of Mario as a major boss in the dreams would be awesome.

The last one is definitely far-fetched, but the first two seem reasonable.

Of course Nintendo workers are giving out the ideas, but then comes Shigeru Miyamoto.

"Why are these characters in here? I think the dream ideas doesn't have much potential in it. Lets revamp the game where they how to travel in worlds and lets remove the battling and have them kill enemies by stomping on them. All those changes will definitely make the fans happier. Oh, and make sure there are no Fawful references at all in this game. The final boss will be a giant Bowser that is the biggest one yet! Man, I don't see how any gamer wouldn't love this game with those changes."

(I'm sorry, I just had to.)

Looker said:
The setting and story of this game has a lot of potential, the way I see it. I just really hope they utilize it as much as they can. Since I presume this game will explore Luigi's thoughts, I can see some cool stuff happening. The three things I really want to see are:

1. A segment of the story about King Boo and Luigi's Mansion. Seriously, this would be awesome and it will finally introduce King Boo to the Mario RPG games in general. Petey was introduced in PiT, Gooper Blooper in PMSS, so why not King Boo?

2. A segment about Waluigi. This would be the perfect time to introduce Waluigi in the main games, even if he is just a part of Luigi's dream, or rather, nightmare. Luigi's had plenty of encounters with Waluigi and I'm sure Luigi wouldn't just forget about them.

3. Finally, a section of the story about Luigi and his jealousy of always being outshone by Mario, and because of this, he has pictured Mario as a bad guy and his dreams. Something like "Nightmare Mario" or "Luigi's Nightmare" or something where an evil version of Mario as a major boss in the dreams would be awesome.

Those ideas are awesome!

Can't there be a section about Baby Luigi? I'm pretty sure Luigi should remember about those. Then again, Baby Luigi himself is a large paradox. I doubt he remembers when he was a baby, he raced against his adult self.

Thanks to M&L:PiT, the babies being in a dream might actually happen. I doubt Waluigi would make it in, but I'd be surprised if they don't address Luigi's ghost issues - after all, E. Gadd was able to make the jump in both M&L:SS and PiT...

Luigi's mind has a lot of potential for intrigue. I'm just hoping they do opt for rooting around in his subconscious a little and giving us some nice continuity nods, rather than making the dreams nothing but trippy wish-fulfilment sequences - i.e. nothing but the sorta stuff they showed in the preview... I never get my hopes up when it comes to Nintendo's handling of the Mario series anymore, but if a game were to actually actually address weighty issues like Luigi psychoanalysis, it'd be an M&L title.

I've always liked sprites better. This is no different.

Looker said:
I personally say it's more realistic to put Waluigi in the upcoming Wario&Game if he needs major appearances. Besides Waluigi, Daisy can also be an addition, the more the better.

However, like Xerneas said, the dreams could also include no characters like Miyamoto wishes.

Xerneas said:
Looker said:

Of course Nintendo workers are giving out the ideas, but then comes Shigeru Miyamoto.

"Why are these characters in here? I think the dream ideas doesn't have much potential in it. Lets revamp the game where they how to travel in worlds and lets remove the battling and have them kill enemies by stomping on them. All those changes will definitely make the fans happier. Oh, and make sure there are no Fawful references at all in this game. The final boss will be a giant Bowser that is the biggest one yet! Man, I don't see how any gamer wouldn't love this game with those changes."

(I'm sorry, I just had to.)
Miyamoto's stepping down anyway.

And look at how good reviews and sells the last three games got.

I'm expecting the dream sequences to be about as interesting to explore as Bowser in BiS. Which was boring for me IMO.

They'll probably be generic areas with some sort of signal (possibly a Luigi face on the wall, there was something like it in the trailer) telling you to mess with Luigi. Then you repeat that a couple of times for similar puzzles.

Although I'm just being negative, it's still very possible that the dream sequences could be highly detailed, but from that short bit in the trailer of Luigis dream, it was a green background with dark green objects and that was about it.

Crackin355 said:
I'm expecting the dream sequences to be about as interesting to explore as Bowser in BiS. Which was boring for me IMO.

They'll probably be generic areas with some sort of signal (possibly a Luigi face on the wall, there was something like it in the trailer) telling you to mess with Luigi. Then you repeat that a couple of times for similar puzzles.

Although I'm just being negative, it's still very possible that the dream sequences could be highly detailed, but from that short bit in the trailer of Luigis dream, it was a green background with dark green objects and that was about it.

I agree with you on this one.

I liked exploring Bowser, it added 2D sections to turn based RPG's.

eh BIS doesnt seem too bad, massive improvement over PIT.

Sure seems good over a certain horrible game named sticker star.

[jokepost]If Luigi has a malicious side, now would be a good time to show it, like have a part in his mind where he envisions Waluigi suffering, such as falling into a barrel full of acid, tarantulas, scorpions, algebra homework, a rule 63 version of himself, and cobras. >:D [/endjokepost]

Now for something more serious and less sadistic,

I would like to see some from of Mr. L like maybe some parts of Mr. L's existence are still somewhere in Luigi's subconcious. Or maybe Mr. L escapes Luigi's mind and becomes his own entity.

Samus Aran said:

Wow, so many people hate Sticker Star.
Looker said:

I would love to see King Boo. Already, a bunch of common bosses have appeared in the RPGs (Petey, Koopalings, Gooper Blooper, Kamek, Bowser Jr.) so it would be a good idea to give King Boo his debut in the RPG series.

considering it destroyed almost EVERYTHING people loved about the previous installments, it's not very surprising.

Cap'n Long John Roberts said:
Samus Aran said:

Looker said:

I would love to see King Boo. Already, a bunch of common bosses have appeared in the RPGs (Petey, Koopalings, Gooper Blooper, Kamek, Bowser Jr.) so it would be a good idea to give King Boo his debut in the RPG series.

I would like to see King Boo in the RPG series as well.

Solar Blaze said:
NSY said:
Miyamoto's stepping down anyway.
Unfortunately, that turned out to be a hoax.
Well I don't find it that unfortunate. He is a great designer after all. Sticker Star's only been what I was angry with him. I still enjoyed that game.

I didn't see it as a bad thing.

Come on without him, none of the Mario games would exist. Nor would Zelda or Pikmin.

Yeah. The Mario games these days aren't up to snuff, because the Mario series has literally run its course. Almost everything that can be done with the Mario series has been done, and we'll be lucky if they produce another good game in the next two years. It's not Miyamoto's fault that he's done so much for this series. Everything has to end someday, and I can already see that Mario is having to slow down.

Frankly, I blame the fans. Every time Nintendo brings out a new game, they either love it or hate it. Normally, the fans hate it. They want more, a different concept, one that doesn't suck. Believe it or not, Nintendo already know this, and they struggle to bring out a new game that's to your liking. And once that game comes out, the fans whine and moan about how terrible the game is, and Nintendo struggle to bring out another game.

And even though they may not be up to the normal standards of the older Mario games, I still find hours of fun playing these games, and you should all do the same, or else the series will end up reusing plots and characters that will just ruin the series altogether

NSMU looked fine to me.

I still think Mario & Luigi still has open room for ideas.

Sochies said:
Almost everything that can be done with the Mario series has been done, and we'll be lucky if they produce another good game in the next two years. It's not Miyamoto's fault that he's done so much for this series. Frankly, I blame the fans. Every time Nintendo brings out a new game, they either love it or hate it.

And even though they may not be up to the normal standards of the older Mario games, I still find hours of fun playing these games, and you should all do the same, or else the series will end up reusing plots and characters that will just ruin the series altogether
Frankly I don't disagree with you. However, what you say is there isn't too much room for the staff to get to another level, and what fans also concern is there are shortcomings the staff should improve.
For example, there shouldn't be reusing plots and characters in NSMB because there is no use of other main characters at all.

Back