Mario and Luigi: Dream Team

I would like to see the Shroobs again.

YES^

Actually it make somewhat sense for them to return since they did were shown alive in Bowser's Castle in BIS.

I really like either a new original villain is introduced (simply because we haven't had one, since what? Count Bleck?) or Fawful return as the main villain, along with Midbus.

Id rather not seeing the ever horribly irritating fawful ever again, besides a new villain would just be supreme anyway.

Looker said:
If you saw screenshots, the "established characters only" statement is already false.
I wouldn't say it's completely out of the question. Remember this?

Papermario3dsmole.JPG

This showed that Sticker Star was not only supposed to have partners at first, but original enemies and bosses, too, which all ended up getting axed. The same thing may very well end up happening in Dream Team.

Solar Blaze said:
Looker said:
If you saw screenshots, the "established characters only" statement is already false.
I wouldn't say it's completely out of the question. Remember this?

Papermario3dsmole.JPG

This showed that Sticker Star was not only supposed to have partners at first, but original enemies and bosses, too, which all ended up getting axed. The same thing may very well end up happening in Dream Team.
Don't it happening though.

Solar Blaze said:
Papermario3dsmole.JPG

In past partners' example, the species characters would have som distinctive features, so this Chomp could just be a prototype of real character, and as a result they gave up.

The preview video this time can only show several things sbout system, not about story or characters, so it doesn't matter as much as Sticker Star. Maybe Peach, Daisy or Bowser don't have to be in the "dreams" this time.

I saw this when it was first announced but couldn't get on to post it :'( Anyway

I can't wait for this game! It looks really really cool.

Looking at Balze's post some of the bosses were original.

NSY said:
Looking at Blaze's post some of the bosses were original.
In Sticker Star? No, they weren't. Not only were they entirely unoriginal, but then they had little to no personality compared to the bosses in the first three games. All they did was shout "SHINY!" or some other variation of it.

Yoshidude99 said:
Samus Aran said:
Id rather not seeing the ever horribly irritating fawful ever again, besides a new villain would just be supreme anyway.
How was Faeful irritating?

constantly acted like an idiot, looked like an idiot, and was an idiot.

He also seemed to try to be funny but I was always bored at his pathetic attempt at interesting dialogue as well.

He's just a really boring character in general.

Samus Aran said:
Yoshidude99 said:

He also seemed to try to be funny but I was always bored at his pathetic attempt at interesting dialogue as well.

*Zaeful

Gummy said:
Ugh, I hate the new graphics. Compared to the sprites, they just look ugly.

Is this Temple Run 2 all over again.

Luna the 45th Nazgul of the Turbotastic Sith Lords said:
Samus Aran said:
Yoshidude99 said:

*Zaeful

im a really boring character :(

Gummy said:
Ugh, I hate the new graphics. Compared to the sprites, they just look ugly.

I actually thought they did a good job of bringing the sprites style into 3D.

But IMO, I thought BIS wasn't all that great and I'm not a huge fan of the Mario & Luigi series.

The setting and story of this game has a lot of potential, the way I see it. I just really hope they utilize it as much as they can. Since I presume this game will explore Luigi's thoughts, I can see some cool stuff happening. The three things I really want to see are:

1. A segment of the story about King Boo and Luigi's Mansion. Seriously, this would be awesome and it will finally introduce King Boo to the Mario RPG games in general. Petey was introduced in PiT, Gooper Blooper in PMSS, so why not King Boo?

2. A segment about Waluigi. This would be the perfect time to introduce Waluigi in the main games, even if he is just a part of Luigi's dream, or rather, nightmare. Luigi's had plenty of encounters with Waluigi and I'm sure Luigi wouldn't just forget about them.

3. Finally, a section of the story about Luigi and his jealousy of always being outshone by Mario, and because of this, he has pictured Mario as a bad guy and his dreams. Something like "Nightmare Mario" or "Luigi's Nightmare" or something where an evil version of Mario as a major boss in the dreams would be awesome.

The last one is definitely far-fetched, but the first two seem reasonable.

Back