Votes: 7 10.3%
  • It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Eh, I am more the kinda guy who likes games like this, that's why I though unpopular.

President Madagascar said:
Yoshidude99 said:
Yeah the next Mario game should be like the recent Rayman games where you have infinite lives and can try again pretty much instantly.

Not sure if joke or just unpopular opinion.
Which is the reason the frustration in those games are kept at a minimum. Which is why more platformers need to be like this.

I hate the motion controls. I shake when I'm stressed, which causes the remote to move, which causes my character to ground pound into the pit.

I just hate motion controls in general. They tire my arm, which is more accustomed to pushing buttons.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
I just hate motion controls in general. They tire my arm, which is more accustomed to pushing buttons.

Which is why I think the Pro Controller is a blessing. It's better to go back go basics. Plus, its design is awesome, even though it's a cheap rip-off of the Xbox 360 controller. It's just so comfortable. I can't wait to play Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros with it.

The gamepad is awesome too though.

I just wish the life system was gone, and instead coins were used to buy new stages.

i just wish it was gone altogether. make 1-up mushrooms have a different purpose

I played this with my cousins (who were playing it for the first time ever) yesterday. I have to say that this game's multiplayer is pure genius. It can make people have so much fun in such an easy way.

Anser said:
I played this with my cousins (who were playing it for the first time ever) yesterday. I have to say that this game's multiplayer is pure genius. It can make people have so much fun in such an easy way.
There are a few obnoxious flaws, and IMO, the multiplayer is far from genial or brilliant.

Hypochondriac Mario said:
Anser said:
There are a few obnoxious flaws, and IMO, the multiplayer is far from genial or brilliant.

It is to me, but I get what you say. There are some flaws, but I don't really pay attention to them very much.

Anser said:

I Know! I play with my friends all the time its the greatest thing ever.

Z-omb said:
Anser said:

That multiplayer mode has come close to destroying all my friendships.

PeskyPlumbers64 said:
Z-omb said:
Anser said:

That multiplayer mode has come close to destroying all my friendships.

It's not as bad as Mario Kart or (worse) Mario Party

We always end up putting each other in bubbles due to me faffing around...

This game seriously needs splitscreen.

In my group, I'm pretty much the guy who does nothing of value, but is very good at the game when the stakes are high.

Ever since the Runaway Guys got to play Super Mario 3D World, I decided to go back to playing it. Previously, I wasn't able to beat Mystery House Marathon due to the Bullies, but I realise that I could use Cat Mario's scratching abilities to defeat the Bullies easily. After that, the one with Thwomps and switches was troublesome, but once I beaten that, I was able to beat that one, making it one hard stage down.

Has anybody here beaten Champion's Road? I found that it is too difficult, and the part where I have the most trouble is the one with beat blocks. Since I want to beat this game with Mario (thus, obtaining the Mario stamp), he's a requirement for me, but those beat blocks blink too quick for me, especially in parts where two or more of those are active. Sometimes I wish I have someone else to help me, mainly because I find going through this solo makes it stressful since I have to start over when I failed.

Thanks for reading.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
lol, I can't even beat Piranha Creeper Creek After Dark's second green star.

Ah yes, that's a really tough one! Finally complete it with Peach thanks to her floatiness (something I appreciate when I need to overcome tough challenges), but not before beating the level with Mario.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
Has anybody here beaten Champion's Road? I found that it is too difficult, and the part where I have the most trouble is the one with beat blocks. Since I want to beat this game with Mario (thus, obtaining the Mario stamp), he's a requirement for me, but those beat blocks blink too quick for me, especially in parts where two or more of those are active. Sometimes I wish I have someone else to help me, mainly because I find going through this solo makes it stressful since I have to start over when I failed.

Yes

And every bit of it is awful

I don't know what is Nintendo of Tokyo's fetish with ridiculous difficulty spikes while compromising level design and general enjoyment.

I'm not saying it's that hard especially for video game standards but the levels just aren't fun to play on because they are hideous to look at and they're horribly designed because "let's maek a levle difficult cuz thats wut hardcore gaemerz liek!"

Big ass crap like Slingpod Galaxy, Luigi's Purple Coins, Grandmaster Galaxy, certain 3D Land levels, and Champion's Road are the sole reasons I don't want to play Galaxy or Galaxy 2 ever again. Especially Slingpod Galaxy; it produced so much mental misery in me, just the thought of it makes me throw up a little inside.

Back