Votes: 7 10.3%
  • It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Just finished World 4 and the Captain Toad level seen immediately upon entering World 5.

I'm currently still trying to get enough Stars for the final Bowser Castle (in Bowser Carnival). I have around 160 now, I believe, and I need 170.

So, I was thinking about the next "surprise" character for the next 3D Mario game, and... what would you guys think of Professor E. Gadd being a playable character in the next 3D title? Not sure what his ability would be, but I'd personally like to see him being promoted to playable. I'd also like to see Captain Toad being promoted to a full playable character.

ThePremiumYoshi said:
So, I was thinking about the next "surprise" character for the next 3D Mario game, and... what would you guys think of Professor E. Gadd being a playable character in the next 3D title?

not before waluigi gets playable character status

Hotaru Tomoe said:
ThePremiumYoshi said:
So, I was thinking about the next "surprise" character for the next 3D Mario game, and... what would you guys think of Professor E. Gadd being a playable character in the next 3D title?

not before waluigi gets playable character status

E. Gadd would be much more of a surprise than Waluigi, and I was specifically referring to unexpected characters. People kinda do expect Daisy, Wario, and Waluigi to be playable in a main game, but certainly not E. Gadd.

This games soundtrack absolutly amazing. It manages to always put a smile on my face and make me happy, which is rare for my standards. Most of the music is pretty catchy and there isn't anything that I hate. Only a couple are neutral, while the rest is either good, great or fantastic. I don't know, if it is my number one favourite soundtrack, but it is definitely one of the best of all time.

I disagree that this soundtrack would make it in my top five list (too much mediocre tracks) but it's still pretty darn good.

Maybe it just fits my personal taste of music better? Most soundtracks that I have heard only have a few tracks that I like, but I haven't heard many other soundtracks outside from Mario games.

So, I've been looking at a lot of gameplay and reviews for this.

Should I pick this up? I'm saving up my Gamestop giftcards for Smash, and don't have much actual cash to spend.

It's much better than past main Mario games even still don't think it's stellar though. I would say that it's worth paying full price for.

Jim McGinn said:
One of the, if not the, best 3D Super Mario games in recent years.
Meh Nothing can beat Super Mario 64 DS, (Unless they make a second remake of Super Mario 64 3DS) or (Unless a 3D Smash Bros or similar thing comes out)

So I've cleared every world up to
World Flower, but I'm not sure how to get to World Crown... I assume it has to do with that sand pillar or whatever in World Flower that has the star symbol, the flag symbol, and the stamp symbol... and from that I assume I have to collect all the Green Stars and Stamps, and get a golden goal post on each level to get to World Crown. Shouldn't be too hard, though I'm still curious as to how I get the remaining stamps, since there doesn't seem to be any stamps in World Mushroom and World Flower.

As for how I rate this game, hard to say. It's definitely fun, more fun I've had out of a mainstream Mario game in a while. Tempted to say it's almost as much fun as the first Super Mario Galaxy, but it doesn't quite reach THAT point somehow. It's really good, there's no denying that, but it hasn't reached that same creative level as Super Mario Galaxy.

Smashgoom202 said:
So I've cleared every world up to World Flower, but I'm not sure how to get to World Crown... I assume it has to do with that sand pillar or whatever in World Flower that has the star symbol, the flag symbol, and the stamp symbol... and from that I assume I have to collect all the Green Stars and Stamps, and get a golden goal post on each level to get to World Crown. Shouldn't be too hard, though I'm still curious as to how I get the remaining stamps, since there doesn't seem to be any stamps in World Mushroom and World Flower.

you're right, world crown is unlocked by getting all the stamps, green stars, and golden flags in the game. as for the lack of stamps in worlds mushroom and flower, that just means you don't have to collect any stamps in those worlds

also i'd recomend that you use different characters when you replay the levels, because to get five stars on your game file in the file select screen, you need to beat each level with all characters

Hotaru Tomoe said:
Smashgoom202 said:
So I've cleared every world up to World Flower, but I'm not sure how to get to World Crown... I assume it has to do with that sand pillar or whatever in World Flower that has the star symbol, the flag symbol, and the stamp symbol... and from that I assume I have to collect all the Green Stars and Stamps, and get a golden goal post on each level to get to World Crown. Shouldn't be too hard, though I'm still curious as to how I get the remaining stamps, since there doesn't seem to be any stamps in World Mushroom and World Flower.

you're right, world crown is unlocked by getting all the stamps, green stars, and golden flags in the game. as for the lack of stamps in worlds mushroom and flower, that just means you don't have to collect any stamps in those worlds

also i'd recomend that you use different characters when you replay the levels, because to get five stars on your game file in the file select screen, you need to beat each level with all characters
That's good to know, thanks!

Though now I have to wonder where I can find the remaining stamps... I'm almost certain that I was diligent about collecting all the Green Stars and stamps as I completed each level.

well you can press the - button to go to the map, and then there should be a button on the right above the stamp collection button which gives you a list of all the levels, and the stars and stamps you're missing in each one, as well as your fastest time and highest score

i think you also get stamps for each character after you've finished all the levels as that particular character (so beat all the levels as mario and you get a mario stamp, beat them all as luigi and you get a luigi stamp, etc.), and then i think there might be one for getting all green stars, as well as one in champions road, but you don't need any of these to unlock world crown (in fact i don't think you can get them before unlocking world crown)

well if this information convo has taught me anything its certainly that i will never 100% this game.

i haven't actually 100%'d it yet, although i have unlocked world crown. i've decided i want to finish each level with all the characters before i do it

unfortunately i have trouble bringing myself to get around to doing so

Hotaru Tomoe said:
well you can press the - button to go to the map, and then there should be a button on the right above the stamp collection button which gives you a list of all the levels, and the stars and stamps you're missing in each one, as well as your fastest time and highest score

i think you also get stamps for each character after you've finished all the levels as that particular character (so beat all the levels as mario and you get a mario stamp, beat them all as luigi and you get a luigi stamp, etc.), and then i think there might be one for getting all green stars, as well as one in champions road, but you don't need any of these to unlock world crown (in fact i don't think you can get them before unlocking world crown)
Oh, ah-ha! Thanks for that!

3D Player 2004 said:
Jim McGinn said:
One of the, if not the, best 3D Super Mario games in recent years.
Meh Nothing can beat Super Mario 64 DS, (Unless they make a second remake of Super Mario 64 3DS) or (Unless a 3D Smash Bros or similar thing comes out)
Super Mario 64 DS wasn't that great at all

Back