Votes: 7 10.3%
  • It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Well, pretty much what I (mostly) try to do is do the level once to get it over with, and I try to collect the stuff that I can, but I don't try to get every single thing before I even move on. I get bored of doing that stuff way too easy.

It's not like I don't even try, it's just that I'm not going to go looking for every single item in one shot. I'm bad enough at these kind of games without doing that.

My mom is a completionist though, but she's been playing games way longer than me, so she's more experienced in this kind of stuff, whereas sometimes I don't even know what the hell I'm doing/supposed to do.

Ok, time to vent...

WHOEVER THOUGHT CHAMPION'S ROAD WAS A GOOD IDEA IS A FUCKING IDIOT. I mean, seriously, what's the point on making a level so frustratingly difficult? It's not even fun, it's just annoying and not even that rewarding. I thought The Perfect Run was bad, but Champion's Road beats it. What the actual fuck.

Anser said:
Ok, time to vent...

WHOEVER THOUGHT CHAMPION'S ROAD WAS A GOOD IDEA IS A FUCKING IDIOT. I mean, seriously, what's the point on making a level so frustratingly difficult? It's not even fun, it's just annoying and not even that rewarding. I thought The Perfect Run was bad, but Champion's Road beats it. What the actual fuck.

You don't like difficult levels?

Hard =/= challenging.

You know how to make a hard level? Make it long and sparse. Then, give it no checkpoints or powerups.

That's the cheap way if you don't bother.

I don't think I mentioned challenging, I asked if he didn't like difficult levels.

You're the one connecting the two words when I never mentioned it being 'challenging'. I understand hard =/= challenging because I've heard it a lot from you, but it's to the point where you just sound bitter about it.

Personally, I loved the Perfect Run in Galaxy 2. It was challenging for me. Hey, see I can use that word too. I already said 'personally' so don't execute me for liking it.

You assume that since Anser doesn't like Champion's Road, you ask him if he doesn't like difficult levels. You're generalizing Champion's Road with difficult levels; just because somebody detests Champion's Road doesn't necessarily mean the person dislikes difficult levels, so I don't know why you need to ask that.

I won't execute you. I do think, however, those difficult levels are executed (no pun) poorly when it comes to level design.

"Personally" is a pretty much redundant word anyway.

Hanging is stupid and for wussies

No, I'm subjecting you to a Mario Party game, specifically Burnstile

Can I be the the guy that powers the rotating spike?

Your dissenting opinion shall not be tolerated. Now, jump!

We can spare you. Just let me get that Smash Compactor ready and off you go!

Anser said:
Ok, time to vent...

WHOEVER THOUGHT CHAMPION'S ROAD WAS A GOOD IDEA IS A *bleep*ING IDIOT. I mean, seriously, what's the point on making a level so frustratingly difficult? It's not even fun, it's just annoying and not even that rewarding. I thought The Perfect Run was bad, but Champion's Road beats it. What the actual *bleep*.

Champion's Road could've been worse though. Imagine having to do it without taking ANY damage. At least having a Super Leaf does make a good portion of the course easier to handle.

They should've added a Grumblump section in Champion's Road. I'm sure everyone would like that.

Hasn't been able to try it yet, Afraid of even buying a Wii U because reasons :c
BUT you guys seem to have high regards for this game and I really need to layout the disgustingly hard Mario hacks and actually play something more laid back but new.

Ira Gamagoori said:
They should've added a Grumblump section in Champion's Road. I'm sure everyone would like that.

Meh, Grumblumps aren't tough to manage

Cheerilee said:
Hasn't been able to try it yet, Afraid of even buying a Wii U because reasons :c
BUT you guys seem to have high regards for this game and I really need to layout the disgustingly hard Mario hacks and actually play something more laid back but new.
Cheerilee said:

Super Mario 3D World is worth your time

Ira Gamagoori said:
Probably not me.

The Grumblump level in the Bowser Carnival or whatever (it's Grumblump Inferno, I believe) was hell to beat. It took me hours to even finish the level, and a shitton of game overs. Those are one of the levels where the Lucky Tanooki/Invincibility Leaf only helps a little bit. Well, it helps so you don't have to worry about the enemies and can just focus on getting across, but it's still not immune to lava.

...But, that's not much of an opinion, considering I'm really bad at any of those kind of levels

Rin Kagamine said:
Ira Gamagoori said:
Probably not me.

The Grumblump level in the Bowser Carnival or whatever (it's Grumblump Inferno, I believe) was hell to beat. It took me hours to even finish the level, and a shitton of game overs. Those are one of the levels where the Lucky Tanooki/Invincibility Leaf only helps a little bit. Well, it helps so you don't have to worry about the enemies and can just focus on getting across, but it's still not immune to lava.

...But, that's not much of an opinion, considering I'm really bad at any of those kind of levels

Don't worry, I found it ridiculously hard too.

I wish they didn't include Rosalina. Ruined her personality. I mean, her saying "Meow" really upset me. I don't know why it's making me so upset, but

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
I wish they didn't include Rosalina. Ruined her personality. I mean, her saying "Meow" really upset me. I don't know why it's making me so upset, but

I guess it could've been a lot weirder, such as seeing Yoshi in a cat suit.

Pokémon Trainer Red said:
also, I hate how they have blue toad instead of the toad
It was to make him more distinct from Mario. The developers probably didn't want two prominently red characters. It's also an homage to SMB2.

Back