• Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
New Super Mario said:
Deku Link said:
Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Really? So where were New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Galaxy 2?

Both of which suck in comparison to the original...
Galaxy 2 was better though.

Yeah, but it's still the lesser of the two evils: it's still an evil imo

KingFawful4321 said:
This game wasn't great. But I still recommend it.

Oh? Why do you think so?

Baby Luigi said:
Oh? Why do you think so?
I'll give you it in a nutshell.

The level design seemed lacking. I didn't think the character's special abilities were very useful (But still kinda useful).

But I still think it's hilarious when Blocksteppers freak out when one of them died.

KingFawful4321 said:
The level design seemed lacking.

I...I don't understand how.

Especially when there are levels such as the Mario Kart one, the snowy ice level, and levels with blue lava in them

Baby Luigi said:
KingFawful4321 said:
The level design seemed lacking.

I...I don't understand how.

Especially when there are levels such as the Mario Kart one, the snowy ice level, and levels with blue lava in them

Probably because they aren't "wholesome" and the overall level design appears to be bunch of suspended platforms, similar to Super Mario Galaxy.

Alright, so I have a question (no spoilers please)!

I played two levels of this at a Best Buy. The first level felt kinda open and nice, there was a lot of stuff to do, but then I had an underground level where everything was linear. My question is: in general, do we get more open kinds of levels, or is most of the game linear?

Nabber said:

I played two levels of this at a Best Buy. The first level felt kinda open and nice, there was a lot of stuff to do, but then I had an underground level where everything was linear. My question is: in general, do we get more open kinds of levels, or is most of the game linear?

Actually all of them are linear, I've found only 2 levels that are somewhat freeroam. It's still a fun game tho.

The Grinch said:
Nabber said:

Actually all of them are linear, I've found only 2 levels that are somewhat freeroam. It's still a fun game tho.
It's a lot more open that Galaxy ever was.

But even so some of the linear levels aren't too bad and there are hidden areas to explore.

New Super Mario said:
The Grinch said:
Nabber said:

But even so some of the linear levels aren't too bad and there are hidden areas to explore.
well, you hate galaxy, so i can't really trust you judgement here

I have another question too: How are the bosses?

The bosses are a mixed bag. Bosses like Hisstocrat and Bowser were cool, but Bossblob, King Ka-Thunk, and the Boom Boom couple suck.

well from what i saw the bosses improved, but it still seems a bit bland and easy.

I guess thats to be expected though, mario bosses have never been a real strong point of the franchise.

I love this game, i have some opinion in the bosses:

Bowser, its Great i love him in his car, it feels a little wario....ish, but its a good way to implement a Bowser Battle for a 4 players game.

Pom Pom its the WORST boss in the game, Prince Bully dont count (and still i have more fun with him), they took away her "shell attack", why?, and her making clones it´s useless, nothing redeemable from her.

Boom Boom...he sucks...in his first battle, i think he is better in his second battle, if you let him attack, he can be a little tricky.

The Hissocrats, i like them, they feel more like a Galaxy game boss.

Boss Boulder (why isnt king boulder?), like Hissocrat it feels more like a Galaxy boss, i like his boss fight & music, and some note, he is the very first Lava/Fire original Boss in a platform since galaxy with king kaliente, Bowser ALWAYS took the "lava boss" theme boss arena, i think this is a good think and we can see him more in spin off were they need fire bosses went bowser isnt in a fire stage world (im seeing you MP9).

King Ka-Thuk...its like Whomp King in SM64, but a little funnier, yes isnt the best boss but its kinda neat have more original bosses in the end castle.

Prince Bully, He is a boss?, i dont care, its funny see him convert in a CAN (funnier seeing him in the background through the clear pipe), its odd to have bosses in enemy blockades but i see why he is in one.

Motley BossBlob, Rosalina pwns him...ok it great to have a double cherry expecific boss (even when it does nothing) i think they didnt wanted to make him too complicated because the "health system" in the game, still i got fun from him.

Meowser.....wut...i wasn´t a fan of the idea of making Bowser a Cat, but i like the setting, the music, and bowser powers in this "battle" were EXTREEEEEME, i like it (i died at the end because a bowser fireball get me)

The bosses were made as a 2D boss in 3D arena, but better, still no complicated maybe because the health system in the game, but still are good. :yoshi:

KingMario128 said:
Bowser, its Great i love him in his car, it feels a little wario....ish, but its a good way to implement a Bowser Battle for a 4 players game.

Pom Pom its the WORST boss in the game, Prince Bully dont count (and still i have more fun with him), they took away her "shell attack", why?, and her making clones it´s useless, nothing redeemable from her.

Boom Boom...he sucks...in his first battle, i think he is better in his second battle, if you let him attack, he can be a little tricky.

The Hissocrats, i like them, they feel more like a Galaxy game boss.

Boss Boulder (why isnt king boulder?), like Hissocrat it feels more like a Galaxy boss, i like his boss fight & music, and some note, he is the very first Lava/Fire original Boss in a platform since galaxy with king kaliente, Bowser ALWAYS took the "lava boss" theme boss arena, i think this is a good think and we can see him more in spin off were they need fire bosses went bowser isnt in a fire stage world (im seeing you MP9).

King Ka-Thuk...its like Whomp King in SM64, but a little funnier, yes isnt the best boss but its kinda neat have more original bosses in the end castle.

Prince Bully, He is a boss?, i dont care, its funny see him convert in a CAN (funnier seeing him in the background through the clear pipe), its odd to have bosses in enemy blockades but i see why he is in one.

Motley BossBlob, Rosalina pwns him...ok it great to have a double cherry expecific boss (even when it does nothing) i think they didnt wanted to make him too complicated because the "health system" in the game, still i got fun from him.

Meowser.....wut...i wasn´t a fan of the idea of making Bowser a Cat, but i like the setting, the music, and bowser powers in this "battle" were EXTREEEEEME, i like it (i died at the end because a bowser fireball get me)

I basically agree with this list.

New Super Mario said:
The Grinch said:
Nabber said:

Obviously you don't know what an older world is when one smacks you in the face. -_-

So you hop from one planet to another, there is still a lot of openness to it! And besides, at least half the galaxies have a central hub galaxy where there is a lot of roaming to be done!!!

a hub does not mean openness lmao

each section of a galaxy or the actual hub worlds are small and dont have much to them at all.

Not saying sm3dw does, but when it comes to actual openness in games(such as sm64, oblivion, kingdom of amular, or sms) smg is pretty lacking.

Well, look at it from the big picture; each planet may not be big, but what about the entirety of the world?

We could make this argument about Rainbow Ride from SM64, which are broken apart by area. There's a lot of space between them.

Plus, it's an outer-space game; do you want to spend the majority of the game just one the same big planet and basically take away the point of traveling through space? Not to mention that there are tons of galaxies (Honeyhive, Beach Bowl, Ghostly, freezeflame, Dusty Dune, Gold Leaf, Sea Slide, Toy Time, Deep Dark, and Melty Molten) that have a massive area to explore and lots of openness to it.

Deku Link said:
Well, look at it from the big picture; each planet may not be big, but what about the entirety of the world?

We could make this argument about Rainbow Ride from SM64, which are broken apart by area. There's a lot of space between them.

Plus, it's an outer-space game; do you want to spend the majority of the game just one the same big planet and basically take away the point of traveling through space? Not to mention that there are tons of galaxies (Honeyhive, Beach Bowl, Ghostly, freezeflame, Dusty Dune, Gold Leaf, Sea Slide, Toy Time, Deep Dark, and Melty Molten) that have a massive area to explore and lots of openness to it.

doesnt really matter about the space aspect

it doesnt change the fact that smg is not open

i get you like the game and think the space is fine, but against actual open games, in which i listed, it fails in comparison.

and as said most galaxies are pretty small and dont really have much to them.

I mean there isnt much to explore anyway except for like one planet.

Besides they could have just made each planet a good size. SM64 pretty much used a big world in each section of the game, why cant they do the same?

Deku Link said:

It's a space game that uses the words "galaxy" to describe something so painfully small that it doesn't even suit solar system.

Baby Luigi said:
Deku Link said:

It's a space game that uses the words "galaxy" to describe something so painfully small that it doesn't even suit solar system.

yeah like most planets are like the size of a town or something.

Princess Zae said:
a hub does not mean openness lmao

each section of a galaxy or the actual hub worlds are small and dont have much to them at all.

Not saying sm3dw does, but when it comes to actual openness in games(such as sm64, oblivion, kingdom of amular, or sms) smg is pretty lacking.
Pretty much this.

The galaxy games are pretty linear honestly. Still fun games but they are linear, so when people complain about the linear levels in the newer Mario games and ask for something like Mario galaxy it's pretty funny. Galaxy gives off the illusion of having openness by having the occasional big planet but the game gives a path and you go from point a to point b for every mission.

Back