Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Baby Luigi said:
Deku Link said:
The rest of the times I died at the beginning area. All because of just wrong timing with the jumps and falling between the small pegs or being careless and long-jumping off of the moving blocks and just slightly off or accidentally bouncing on one of those SMG goomba-esque guys and making me fall. Once I get past that, I am golden (until I get towards the end).

Yeah, though the good thing about doing it over and over is that I know now the fastest way through the beginning part, and I can bascially get to the end of the 1st part (up to after the peg jumping and charging chucks) to about 45 seconds.

Um, you know you can just run across the pegs, right?

Wait...
REALLY?!?!?!?
*runs off to play SM3DW*

Baby Luigi said:
Deku Link said:
The rest of the times I died at the beginning area. All because of just wrong timing with the jumps and falling between the small pegs or being careless and long-jumping off of the moving blocks and just slightly off or accidentally bouncing on one of those SMG goomba-esque guys and making me fall. Once I get past that, I am golden (until I get towards the end).

Yeah, though the good thing about doing it over and over is that I know now the fastest way through the beginning part, and I can bascially get to the end of the 1st part (up to after the peg jumping and charging chucks) to about 45 seconds.

If I remember, in the video I watched there were enemies on those pegs as well. Don't know whether you can just run past them though or if you have to jump past them.

The Nutcrackin355 said:
If I remember, in the video I watched there were enemies on those pegs as well. Don't know whether you can just run past them though or if you have to jump past them.

Yes, and you can jump on them too without a big risk of falling off (it's still there but if yo continue running without stopping, you won't fall off). You can also attempt running past the first Chargin' Chuck.

Smaug said:
Woah, woah, woah, waoh, there are Chargin' Chucks in this game?

It's cold news right?

Yes there are. You're apparently a bit slow on this though since we knew this way before it was released.

The Nutcrackin355 said:
Baby Luigi said:
Deku Link said:

You can do both. If there's enough space, you can run past them, but jumping on or over them is usually a safe bet. I'm a Mario user, though, so it may be slightly different for you.

Relax; I know that you can run over it.

I just hate jumping over the charging chucks and falling right between them as I try to land. That mostly happens when I am being careless or I time it wrong. I rarely do that now.

So After 60 tries, I finally got the speedy area, which is hell for me.

And the rest of the times I got the before speedy stuff done to the point where I just can do it and not fail, and I even got past the piranha jumping without a cat outfit (and not getting hit which I'm so proud of). Just, there was a few attempts at the speedy area where I got the box unlocked, but I would either land on a beam, or I would jump just a millisecond too late and it would say I got hit while being in small Rosalina form.

However, there was one try where I got it, and I was still big, and I was like "FUCK YES!" and I touched the box, and I was almost ready to cry in joy, but I was telling myself "Okay, focus; don't die because you're being stupid" and I was just so happy. It was my 90th time or something like that, and I posted in Miiverse being like "*excitement blah blah excitement* And it took 120 tries", but that was me miscounting by 30. :P

Now I just need to do all levels with all characters.

And btw, I only died like 250 times in this game. :D About 40 of those are me killing myself on purpose when I am too small so that I go back to being bigger form of the characters.

Deku Link said:
I posted in Miiverse being like "*excitement blah blah excitement* And it took 120 tries", but that was me miscounting by 30. :P

Saw that, made me wonder whether I'm overestimating the difficulty of Champion's Road. I'll have my answer... in two weeks time.

Yeah, most of my mistakes were stupid mistakes. It's a great level, once you remember not to make stupid mistakes. It really is how well you can manage dealing with each task. Like, a lot is still just "jump at this time and this far" stuff, but really it tests how well you can do each challenge consecutively. Like, maybe you are on a perfect run until the last part, and then just one mistake and all that goes down the drain.

I did it with Rosalina, who definitely gave me a lot of jumping boost in some areas with her star spin. I don't know if I can do that with people like Mario or Toad who don't have good jumping abilities nor some added thing (Peach has her float, Luigi is a high jumper, Rosalina is high jumper and spin).

You just need to practice it a few times (few many a few hours) and you'll get it. Or you'll just be 10x better than me and only take you 9 tries. :P

Deku Link said:
Or you'll just be 10x better than me and only take you 9 tries. :P

hahaha no fucking way that's going to happenbut I'd love it if it did

I wonder how long it'll take for me to crack and swap from Mario to an easier character. I plan on soloing the game with Mario the first time through.

I think Mario is harder to beat it with than Toad because Mario has no advantages. Toad has his speed, without a power-up you need to rev up over those blocks. And Toads small hops are actually better when dodging the red lasers on the dash panels. Rosalina has trouble hopping up that Piranha Plants for some reason.

Chuck Ballymoo said:
I think Mario is harder to beat it with than Toad because Mario has no advantages. Toad has his speed, without a power-up you need to rev up over those blocks. And Toads small hops are actually better when dodging the red lasers on the dash panels. Rosalina has trouble hopping up that Piranha Plants for some reason.

I managed to hop up those Piranha Plants with Rosalina (after many tries), so the other characters must be easier.

Toad has the speed, but the jumping will be a problem for me in the beat block area because of all of them I do with the jumping and skipping some of them to get the advantage. Without Rosalina's Spin to keep me in the air a little longer, it's going to be hard.

> Mario platformers have never been hard
Was I the only one who played SMB2-J ('Lost Levels'), or...?

And yeah, it hasn't been particularly hard but the difficulty feels balanced so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Deku Link said:
Toad has the speed, but the jumping will be a problem for me in the beat block area because of all of them I do with the jumping and skipping some of them to get the advantage. Without Rosalina's Spin to keep me in the air a little longer, it's going to be hard.

Eh, when I was Toad, I was the one who figured out to make it through the Beat Blocks first

Disclaimer: The video contains swearing

This made me want to play 4 player on World Crown-Crown with my family to see how we all react.

At 11:00 in that video, I just lost it.

santanoice said:
> Mario platformers have never been hard
Was I the only one who played SMB2-J ('Lost Levels'), or...?

And yeah, it hasn't been particularly hard but the difficulty feels balanced so I wouldn't worry to much about it.

lost levels has very bad level design lol

not to mention shitty wind

also compared to other platformers, mario platformers arent really hard.

Zae said:
lost levels has very bad level design lol

not to mention *bleep*ty wind

also compared to other platformers, mario platformers arent really hard.

Yeah.

If you want a hard platformer, play the first Rayman

Deku Link said:
Disclaimer: The video contains swearing

This made me want to play 4 player on World Crown-Crown with my family to see how we all react.

At 11:00 in that video, I just lost it.
Omgsh, I have to 4p that level.

Back