Votes: 7 10.3%
  • It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
People think Galaxy is not linear? What are they going to do next, criticize Spore for not being an open-ended game?

The Nutcrackin355 said:
The galaxy games are pretty linear honestly. Still fun games but they are linear, so when people complain about the linear levels in the newer Mario games and ask for something like Mario galaxy it's pretty funny. Galaxy gives off the illusion of having openness by having the occasional big planet but the game gives a path and you go from point a to point b for every mission.
What they're talking about with "nonlinear" is the ability to bypass lots of galaxies.

What you're saying is true in that you have to go from Point A to Point B in every mission, but the same could be said for 99% of video games. I could for example say that Age of Empires is linear because you have to go from your base to the enemy base in every mission, despite the fact that there are usually multiple ways of doing so.

What I'm saying is that there's a sliding scale of linearity, and people simply want games that at least give you enough options that you don't feel like you're following the same path everyone else is.

Dr. Javelin said:
The Nutcrackin355 said:
The galaxy games are pretty linear honestly. Still fun games but they are linear, so when people complain about the linear levels in the newer Mario games and ask for something like Mario galaxy it's pretty funny. Galaxy gives off the illusion of having openness by having the occasional big planet but the game gives a path and you go from point a to point b for every mission.
What they're talking about with "nonlinear" is the ability to bypass lots of galaxies.

What you're saying is true in that you have to go from Point A to Point B in every mission, but the same could be said for 99% of video games. I could for example say that Age of Empires is linear because you have to go from your base to the enemy base in every mission, despite the fact that there are usually multiple ways of doing so.

What I'm saying is that there's a sliding scale of linearity, and people simply want games that at least give you enough options that you don't feel like you're following the same path everyone else is.

That does make sense. But I don't think Galaxy offers enough options within it's levels to be considered nonlinear at all. 3D Land was incredibly linear and I'm assuming 3D World is the same, so I guess in comparison it would look open but it really isn't when looked at on its own. It really is just a preference thing, do you want a linear game that understands that it is 'point a to point b' and doesn't hide it or a linear game that covers it up slightly to give you a feeling that you're deciding where to go.

How many fucking times have I said linear? don't count pls

^I took a sip every time you said it

lol I mentioned it in a GameFAQs topic as a "criticism" to why Super Mario 3D World sux

The Grinch said:
santanoice said:
Inb4 Super Luigi 3D World

Followed by the infamous Luigi Kart and Luigi Party (#decadeofluigi)

We can't forget Luigi and Luigi: Superstar Luigi.
And Paper Luigi!
And Luigi Golf!
And Luigi Tennis!
And Luigi and Baby Luigi: Luigis in Time!
And Luigi Strikers Charged!
And Super Luigi Sunshine!

Sad-Mario.jpg

Giga12 said:

Best game ever

Giga12 said:
The Grinch said:
santanoice said:

And Paper Luigi!
And Luigi Golf!
And Luigi Tennis!

Sad-Mario.jpg

And people say LUIGI's the underrated brother.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Giga12 said:
The Grinch said:
santanoice said:

And Paper Luigi!
And Luigi Golf!
And Luigi Tennis!

Sad-Mario.jpg

And people say LUIGI's the underrated brother.

honestly luigi was the underrated character for many years, but i think around gamecube era he started to gain a lot of popularity.

Honestly now i think mario is the underrated one.

One of the best typing out there, though I can't remember whether Dark is super effective on Ghost because if it is I'm fucked.

Duskull said:
One of the best typing out there, though I can't remember whether Dark is super effective on Ghost because if it is I'm fucked.

yeah that sucks, but ghost types are cool regardless.

Or make friends with them (although that would still be a bad idea).

I'm at World 3, I think I may have played about an hour of it so far. Sort of preoccupied with Bravely Default at the moment, no room for 3D World.

Back