• Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Baby Luigi said:
I on the other hand is actually looking forward to this a lot

...Hmm.

I still need to get Legends, since I enjoyed the demo back when that came out, but I don't know when I'll get it, since I'm already set on getting SM3DW as my next Wii U game.

Mario4Ever said:
Baby Luigi said:
I on the other hand is actually looking forward to this a lot

...Hmm.

I still need to get Legends, since I enjoyed the demo back when that came out, but I don't know when I'll get it, since I'm already set on getting SM3DW as my next Wii U game.

I is not grammarly perfect so excuse me poor grammar

BananaFreak said:
Baby Luigi said:
Still, I find it baffling how the majority of people here didn't even try the game out and got New Super Mario Bros. U instead >_> I doubt you even played the game yourself

Well I did, and I don't know if it's my general hate towards Ubisoft coming through, but I did not like it very much. Then again I did not like NSMBU either.

I would yell at you if you prefer New Super Mario Bros. U, but since you hate it as well, I assume that you just don't like platformers.

Now I'm wondering if they'll have those special level types 3D Land did in the special worlds, like the Cosmic Mario and low-time level. They might, but if they do it'll be interesting with up to four players involved.

I hope there isn't a Special 8-Crown in this game. :mad:

Mario Party X said:
Why? That was amazing though.

I like the tougher levels like Grandmaster and Special 8- Crown. They actually felt like a true obstacle course. Even that one part in King Boo's Battle in Dark Moon felt as if it came straight from a 3D mario game. They need challenging things like that.

YoshiGo99 said:
Mario Party X said:

I like the tougher levels like Grandmaster and Special 8- Crown. They actually felt like a true obstacle course. Even that one part in King Boo's Battle in Dark Moon felt as if it came straight from a 3D mario game. They need challenging things like that.

Special 8-Crown is fake difficulty on crack, that's why. They don't feel like a true obstacle course; the level feels like Nintendo was being cheap rather than focusing on level design, which the harder route for game designers. The level has no checkpoints OR power-ups, and it's a long one, so in the end, it's a wasted opportunity to make a genuinely difficult level.

I want challenging levels, not hard levels.

Obviously this game was meant to be easy and short. They designed this game to be played with the family. Mom, Dad, brother, sister, maybe grandma! This game was not designed for us expert gamers who have played Mario games for years and our aching for a new challenge. We'll have to wait until they decide to make another game on the line with Galaxy.

Mario Party X said:
YoshiGo99 said:
Mario Party X said:

Special 8-Crown is fake difficulty on crack, that's why. They don't feel like a true obstacle course; the level feels like Nintendo was being cheap rather than focusing on level design, which the harder route for game designers. The level has no checkpoints OR power-ups, and it's a long one, so in the end, it's a wasted opportunity to make a genuinely difficult level.

Exactly.

I mean, I would rather have stuff where it is challenging because it is long and hard and will require all your skills at work in order to really make it to the end. I do feel that Grandmaster did a decent job with that.

However, I do not like parts of Grandmaster and all of World 8-Crown where the fate of the game is all dependent on just the right timing. It's not hard; it's cheap. It's basically showing whether or not you can pressed buttons at the precise timing or else you lose.

Deku Link said:
Mario Party X said:
YoshiGo99 said:
Mario Party X said:

Exactly.

I mean, I would rather have stuff where it is challenging because it is long and hard and will require all your skills at work in order to really make it to the end. I do feel that Grandmaster did a decent job with that.

However, I do not like parts of Grandmaster and all of World 8-Crown where the fate of the game is all dependent on just the right timing. It's not hard; it's cheap. It's basically showing whether or not you can pressed buttons at the precise timing or else you lose.

Same with Special: 3-5 in 3d land

Levels like Special 8 Crown is a shining example why you need to make your levels actually look like areas and and not just random floating s--- in space.

I think a lot of people are getting misled from Gamexplains Q and A video, people think that there will be power ups that haven't been shown in any gameplay or trailer footage, Andre said that their is power ups we haven't seen yet. That could mean like he hasn't seen the Mega Mushroom, etc.

Not only has Andre seen the Mega Mushroom, he actually taked about it a bit in one or two of his Analysis

I really don't know the big benefit of adding in the Luigi Bros game is, they could just rerelease Mario Bros onto Virtual Console and maybe tweak it.

SuperNick3DLand said:
I really don't know the big benefit of adding in the Luigi Bros game is, they could just rerelease Mario Bros onto Virtual Console and maybe tweak it.

They want to shove Year of the #@(*)%@# Luigi down our throats, that's what.

Something about this game that may piss you off:
Boom Boom is the main boss of world 2.

SuperNick3DLand said:
I don't know about you, but I prefer when things like these are funny bonuses packed into a game instead of having to buy it individually.

By the way, here's some new footage of a musical level and it looks GREAT:

Confirmed, the bosses will suck ass as always

Back