• It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
Dimentio64 said:
LOL, I love the final boss. Didn't think another Bowser fight would impress me, but this is just awesome.
Meowser
zlCfzRNKpuAk0qG0l6

ahahahahahaha he looks even more hilarious than i imagined

Pearl said:
Dimentio64 said:
LOL, I love the final boss. Didn't think another Bowser fight would impress me, but this is just awesome.
Meowser
zlCfzRNKpuAk0qG0l6

ahahahahahaha he looks even more hilarious than i imagined

It's great, because anyone who'd played 3D Land was thinking "I wonder if we're ever going to get a Cat Bowser, like how he had a Tanooki tail before." And we're just waiting so when it finally happens, it's awesome.

Now we need proper Tanooki Bowser.

Also, how adorable is Tanooki and Boomerang Peach?

Mario Party X said:
Daskarzine said:
Blof and lefty stop being so controversial and calm your tits pls and thanks xx

These adorable little birds are too cute to be calmed.
600px-ParusCaeruleus.jpg
479px-Lophophanes_cristatus_-Aviemore%2C_Scotland-8_%282%29.jpg
685px-Parus_palustris02.jpg
But those little birds are the kind that are always moving, and never calm.

Daskarzine said:
Blof and lefty stop being so controversial and calm your tits pls and thanks xx

That's so out of character for you. WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?!

Purple Yoshi said:
They'd have to remove coins, because there would be no point to them if there weren't for getting lives. Strangely enough, Sonic Lost World also had this problem. 100 rings didn't give an extra life, so collecting rings was absolutely useless, considering you didn't even get ranked at the end of the level.

That's why the 3DS version is better.

If they took lives out of Mario games, they'd probably end up something like Wario Land 2/3 but with better platforming, less treasure, and multiplayer.

Purple Yoshi said:
Of course it's outdated! But that doesn't mean they need to get rid of it. Unnecessary innovation can ruin a game (see: Sonic Lost World). You just need to think of the ramifications of what they'd have to change if they just removed lives.

They'd have to remove coins, because there would be no point to them if there weren't for getting lives. Strangely enough, Sonic Lost World also had this problem. 100 rings didn't give an extra life, so collecting rings was absolutely useless, considering you didn't even get ranked at the end of the level.

It also means the level design would change a lot. There would be a lot more leaps of faith and trial-and-error gameplay, because there is no consequence to you dying. Also, time limits would become unnecessary (although I didn't like that this game still had a timer), so they'd remove that, too.

And then you wouldn't have a Mario game anymore. The gameplay just wouldn't be a Mario game. It'd be, I dunno, Rayman Origins v3.

They don't have to change anything to remove lives. They can easily make the the amount of coins collected go towards, say, a medal. For instance, if you collect 100 coins, there is a bonus green star or a medal. They have to rework the infinite spawn pipes, I suppose, but this is nowhere from reworking the foundations of the game as you make it out to be. 1-ups can easily translate to more coins or something.

The thing about the final boss is that I didnt even know I was fighting the final boss! I thought it was part of the level and when I got to the top I would finally fight him but then I hit the ! Block and it was all over. The Star World has been brutally difficult but since I always go for all the Green Stars and stamps I cannot say how hard it would have been had I not. However, I know some parte of the levels themselves are though as nails, like the ending of the Cannonball Cluster level.

Without a doubt the most challenging Mario game since New Super Mario Bros.

Don't bother going for all the stars in one go in most of the levels, especially some of the later speed run levels. I've beaten all the levels except for the ones in world crown. The thing that pisses me off the most is that to get 5 of the stamps, you need to beat every level (even bonus worlds) with the character's stamp you want to unlock. Not looking forward to beating the levels with Toad because frankly, he's shit and a lot of the later levels (i.e. World Star-1) require shitty jumps, so yeah, good luck doing this with Toad.

Hey everyone, where are we in this discussion because I'm lost here. I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about.

Well, I like the fact that the game has an unlockable for playing every level as each character. It is basically telling the player to try to get used to using each character. However, I hate doing this with level Crown-Crown. That's why I got it out the way today so I can focus on playing other levels.

Clair said:
Don't bother going for all the stars in one go in most of the levels, especially some of the later speed run levels. I've beaten all the levels except for the ones in world crown. The thing that pisses me off the most is that to get 5 of the stamps, you need to beat every level (even bonus worlds) with the character's stamp you want to unlock. Not looking forward to beating the levels with Toad because frankly, he's *bleep* and a lot of the later levels (i.e. World Star-1) require *bleep*ty jumps, so yeah, good luck doing this with Toad.

Toad's my main and I'm actually fine with his terrible jumping. But really? That's stupid. Does multiplayer count here? Also, there are some levels I REALLY don't want to play again. I HATE the Flipboard Level. It's f---ing chaos with more than one player. Same with the Spotlight Level in the World Flower or Star or whatever. The Great Goal Pole ALSO sucks as well with multiple players, so I just end up carrying my sister throughout the level. Really some levels REALLY aren't meant to be played with multiple players. At all.

WHO'S idea was it to return that Flipboard Level anyway!?!?! Do they have any clue how much of an ass it is to try to play through with multiple players?

As long as that player touches the goal pole (doesn't matter if they reach the top or not), then yes, it counts.

Clair said:
Don't bother going for all the stars in one go in most of the levels, especially some of the later speed run levels. I've beaten all the levels except for the ones in world crown. The thing that pisses me off the most is that to get 5 of the stamps, you need to beat every level (even bonus worlds) with the character's stamp you want to unlock. Not looking forward to beating the levels with Toad because frankly, he's *bleep* and a lot of the later levels (i.e. World Star-1) require *bleep*ty jumps, so yeah, good luck doing this with Toad.

That's *bleep*ing agony. Who made that design choice? Was that person purposely wanting us to hate this game?

Wow, I feel like my 8/10 for this game is justified.

Fearless Fosdick said:
Gotta say wasn't very impressed with what I played

Agreed. Far from a bad game, though.

The dumb game is not challenging. The only reason my sister and I got a number of Game Overs because the game fails to compensate for more people playing. Fails hard.

Mario Party X said:
The only reason my sister and I got a number of Game Overs because the game fails to compensate for more people playing. Fails hard.

Eh I guess that's supposed to be a penalty for using multiple people :/

Except there is already a penalty: more people dying.

Baby Luigi said:
[...] so I just end up carrying my sister throughout the level. [...]

=P

Well, she IS Toad, and even Mario can't keep up with Toad. Risky, yes, but lives don't matter ultimately.

Mario Party X said:
Well, she IS Toad, and even Mario can't keep up with Toad. Risky, yes, but lives don't matter ultimately.

You're saying this because I tend to kamikaze myself off the cliff for a green star

It's the developers' fault for not apparently not play testing this game with 2+ players.

i LOVE this game so far...the music is amazing and i love all the characters.

I REALLY wants bowser land music in this game becames Bowser´s Leitmotif, it fits perfectly

LGM, my brother, and I spilled a lot of blood when traversing through Special Crown-Crown.

What an awful level.

Back