Votes: 7 10.3%
  • It was okay

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
I beat level crown-crown with all 5 characters. I won't tell my secret of how I did it. Unless, you do something for me first...

Clair said:
I just got to Champion's Road. Just imagine the most unfun and painful platforming level in history and that's what it is (well, I guess it might not be as hard as the perfect run, but this level makes World 8-Crown in 3D Land a joke). I think the problem is you have to watch for enemies and other *bleep* on the screen while fiddling with the camera to not die. I've managed to get to the part with the Fuzzies and rolling spikes on my second life, but after that I kept dying there. Just use Rosalina or Peach, it's basically the only way to beat this level, I presume. I haven't beaten it because I ragequit had to get off to let my sister play, but from what I've played of it: it sucks. Big time. Not going to have fun trying to beat this with Toad for his crap stamp.

Protip: If in single player, forget about using Toad. He's going to die at the start.

I hate Champion's Road with a passion. I don't feel my skills being tested. All I feel is cheapness and stupidity from Nintendo. They didn't even bother making it a challenging level. Even then, the biggest challenge comes from the lack of powerups and checkpoints; the level itself isn't that hard. The Beep Block part, though, is where we kept dying the most. This is World 8-Crown and Grandmaster all over again with a crappy MIDI cover of Gusty Garden (thanks to this level, now I've come to dislike the theme).

On multiplayer it's even worse. While you do get walking respawning checkpoints, we lose over 200 lives, and a large percent is from shoddy multiplayer controls. Too many times, I defeated my sister while both of us were trying to jump across platforms. Other times, the bubble popping was misplaced because we are hasty to get back in action, but again, there's no directional influence after you pop the bubble. Sometimes, the popping isn't even intentional. Oh yeah, the freeze when our characters die had also screwed up the timing of my sister's jumps during the sprinting part. Other times, during that one-block segment, my sister continously overshot the first block she is supposed to land on. The one block segment, thankfully, isn't too hard, because we can simply run across it and short hop to get past the Chargin' Chucks. I'm glad, though, that this is multiplayer, and I'm the player that tends to hang back for my sister and my brother to respawn after they are defeated.

Oh, and my brother came along and helped us.

Once we got the neon "Thank You" part, I felt like stabbing whoever at Nintendo returned this shoddy notion that we need a stupid hard level like this, as part of my welcome.

The characters we used are Mario (me), Luigi (my brother), and (Toad) and we never ever used a powerup in this level. Toad is actually the most useful during the Beep Block stairs part because otherwise, our characters don't get enough speed to run past the part where there are two adjacent beep blocks and get the momentum to wall jump off the final platform with the first green star, to survive.

In one sentence, though, Champion's Road is ass.

I had to watch a video of Champion's Road to see what all this hate it about. It's just a video so I can't get a grasp of how hard it is though. Doesn't look too bad, even though I know I'll probably have a shit ton of trouble beating it.

I guess I'm wary of trusting what you say because you all sound really bitter about it and that's the only thing I'm seeing. It reminds me of how everybody was bashing Sticker Star and I ended up enjoying it a lot (Probably my third favourite 3DS game, Tales of the Abyss & Mario Kart 7 are above it).

It'll be interesting to test how patient I am now, since I was fuming on previous 'hard final levels' after I'd lost 10-20 lives a year or so ago. It just doesn't look nearly as bad as 8-Crown on 3D Land, I don't see as many precision platforming parts as I did there (Seriously, those random blocks floating in space at the beginning are a pain in the ass to jump across).

There is a precision platforming part (right after the Fire Bros., there are a series of single blocks that have 1-block wide gaps). Fortunately, you can just run over them (trust me, the running works). At the beginning, there are also those stupid Octoombas on moving platforms, so you have to be careful.

The hardest part is the Beep Block part, but since I was playing with two others, the lack of powerups and checkpoints can really be a killer for single players. But I assume that's because we haven't use any ground pounds, nor did we stand in between those blocks.

You should probably watch a video of somebody trying and failing the level, not someone who edited the video out until the person made a successful run, because it doesn't show the whole story.

I suppose my sister, brother, and I were also playing with our arms tied behind our backs because our characters are Mario, Luigi, and Toad, and GameFreak75 said that only Peach and Rosalina can beat this level. We also avoided taking a Tanooki Leaf with us because of bragging rights.

chillv said:
I beat level crown-crown with all 5 characters. I won't tell my secret of how I did it. Unless, you do something for me first...

You spawn characters at end of the flag and you pass it

Clair said:
Protip: If in single player, forget about using Toad. He's going to die at the start.

Nah, I actually did fine with him. After I died a lot of course, but that's for the Beat Block part, where all of us kept dying. But I was the one who actually made it across thanks to Toad's heaviness.

PlayStation 4 said:
chillv said:

You spawn characters at end of the flag and you pass it

That is one way, but no. Mine is a legitimate way for those who don't like to cheat by doing stuff like that.

Lakitulerapide said:
ゴジラ said:
It's a Mario game. There's not much to spoil.
Well the existence of Meowser sure did came as a surprise. And everything is spoilable, actually.

Oh well.
YOU MEAN BOWSER'S EVIL TWIN COUSIN CAT BOWSER?

This makes more sense and is infinitely more readable than this one.

tumblr_muxvg0lfGH1swll5zo1_500.jpg

Look, sweetie, that was a bit harsh.

Mario's Drunken Holiday Special said:
Look, sweetie, that was a bit harsh.

I loved it, and marked it with +1.

Lakitulerapide said:
Got 3 Game Overs today. Great. dang boss fight took too long.

You can stomp on both snakes

I thought you're talking about the level where you beat all the bosses because you weren't really clear

I'm not sure if I should get this game. Most people I've heard seem to really enjoy it.

Also added poll, what do you think of Super Mario 3D World?

NSY said:
I'm not sure if I should get this game. Most people I've heard seem to really enjoy it.

Also added poll, what do you think of Super Mario 3D World?

GET IT or else you're missing out. I LOVE this game.

I posted this in the ''suggestions & imporvements'' topic, but I think I'll ask the question here...

I was wondering, in the Super Mario 3D World article, there is a References to Other Games section...

I was wondering... In the :bowser:-8 level (A Beam in the Dark), there is a Luigi Switch...

Since this is a ghost house level, and that this is the only switch that requires Luigi to activate it in the entire game, should we consider this as a reference to Luigi's Mansion?

Back