Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Disappointing, expected it to be much better

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I hated it

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
ゴジラ said:
Mike from Cinemassacre talks about the White Tanooki Suit

Seriously? What the *bleep*? I think you guys don't get the point of it. You're acting like crybabies. "Oh god don't give me an easy option". Have you ever used the White Tanooki Suit? It's SO easy to die with it, if there's any difficult platforming whatsoever you still have to work for it. Not to mention it's OPTIONAL, guys! If you hate it so much, don't use it! Simple.

I never beat NSMB as a kid. I would have loved this feature.

EDIT: You know, I really hate how people think the 'casualisation' of games is inherently evil. Guys, who CARES if you grew up on difficult games or not? You sound like grandfathers going "back in the old days it was better because it was my childhood and I have nostalgia therefore nothing can change ever and if it does it's a mortal sin".

but if you have the white tanooki suit, the only way you can die is from bottomless pits, which you can easily avoid since you have the flutter jump or whatever

the point is, there's a reward system. if you have the skills to get past a level, you should be rewarded. if you suck, then you should die. little kids will not understand the consequences of sucking if they always win

Played this at a mall today. After NSMB2 and SM3DW my expectations were extremely low, but it had solid controls and level design - it wasn't complete bullshit floating platforms like most 3D Land levels as far as I got to play.

Timmy said:
I found a playlist of 36 soundtracks (is there really just that many songs? I thought there'd be more lol) of this game here.

I converted 16 of them to MP3s. I've never downloaded that many (good) soundtracks from a single game ever. :')

I'm still trying to find that theme playing in the 2nd trailer (I think it's also the World 4 boss?) though.
Yeah they did miss a few still. But we will find them eventually.

I FINALLY got the chance to play it, but only for a little bit. I could only play a few levels. I did as I said: I first used Toad and I really liked how fast he is, and then I played as Rosalina, whose Spin Jump is amazing because it gives you a double jump and defeats enemies instantly. Both characters are awesome. I never bothered to play as Mario, Luigi or Peach.

Rosalina is so broken :'D

It's rather stupid to complain about an optional game mechanic.

Mario4Ever said:

Agreed. This Mike guy can't seem to understand that it is optional. I think he's trying to be controversial to be "Hip" to gamers.

Mario4Ever said:
yeah im still not sure why people are even worried about it.

most people ive seen dont even use it and sometimes dont even know its there.

Implemented in the game it may be, but it's still optional. Anyone skilled enough will never see it, and anyone who does see it can easily ignore it. If someone decides to use it, it has no impact on his specific game experience. Personally, I prefer optional game mechanics to not receiving games at all because they're deemed "too difficult."

.... do a lot of games even use something like this?

I usually never see something like this when im playing.

The more recent Nintendo games have, if not exactly this, something to make things easier for players after they fuck up a certain number of times or need extra help (e.g. Tip Network/Cosmic Guide in Galaxy 2, Super Kong in DKCR/Super Guide in NSMBWii/NSMBU and other games, Sheikah Stones in OoT 3D)

What the hell is up with the final boss of this game...

Freaking Cat Bowser?! He looks ridiculous in my opinion, and the worst part is that I'm sure we're going to see him playable in future spin-offs. Hell, don't even get surprised when he replaces Dry Bowser in Mario Kart 8 (or if they even appear along each other). I wish Nintendo stopped focusing the games on a specific power-up. I felt 3D Land was way too focused on the Tanooki Suit and this one is way too focused on the Cat Suit.

Why is it that people are complaining about an optional game mechanic...

And then there's things like 1-ups at every corner and checkpoints. Yet there's nowhere near as much controversy.

(For the record though I found the video stupid and I'm not trying to start arguments cause I don't mind either things)

Anser said:
What the hell is up with the final boss of this game...

Freaking Cat Bowser?! He looks ridiculous in my opinion, and the worst part is that I'm sure we're going to see him playable in future spin-offs. Hell, don't even get surprised when he replaces Dry Bowser in Mario Kart 8 (or if they even appear along each other). I wish Nintendo stopped focusing the games on a specific power-up. I felt 3D Land was way too focused on the Tanooki Suit and this one is way too focused on the Cat Suit.

If he's not huge, I don't particularly care.

Timmy said:
Why is it that people are complaining about an optional game mechanic...

And then there's things like 1-ups at every corner and checkpoints. Yet there's nowhere near as much controversy.

1-Ups are sparse in multiplayer; even with three decent players, the lives go down.

Why the **** do we still have lives? This is 2010s, Nintendo.

The Game Over is the ----ing biggest time waster in my life.

Oh, and how you get 5 extra lives when you respawn, so I'm actually discouraged to grab that 1-up.

Nintendo, this lives system is a mess. Please remove ASAP or you'll never get past 8.5/10 from me.

Mario Party X said:
Nintendo, this lives system is a mess. Please remove ASAP or you'll never get past 8.5/10 from me.

The way you review is dumb

It's not as dumb as your "If Baby Luigi isn't in, then the game sucks." judgement.

That's not my point

Would you rate Kirby's Return to Dreamland no higher than an 8.5 because it use lives too?

No...

Okay, I was exaggerating. I can't stop harping on lives, though.

Back