Yoshi's Woolly World

Re: Yarn Yoshi

Baby Luigi said:
Well, I want to state my opinions of the game. And it's ok to say that I dislike it. I have no intentions to troll anyone here anyway.

The only reason I will be sticking around here is for possible confirmation of playable baby characters. And I don't mean them as a crying liability. I mean them actually being playable ala New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Okay good, I didn't really want someone pointlessly raging in a topic concerning a lone character and his/her game.

Nothing wrong with stating your opinion as long as you don't go nuts or something, not that I can really do much to stop you but I generally don't like threads to be ruined because some person hates this character and creates drama in a topic about said character.

Anyway, the game is still in early progress obviously, so I don't think saying it's crap is really needed. Quite frankly all games in early progress look like crap to be honest, so yeah.

Rocket J. Squirrel said:
He's very bland and looks stupid.
I could very easily say the same about Mario.

Eh, yoshi is more of a cute factor character. Pretty obvious by how yoshis look, act, and how they talk and react.

I've seen worse characters so it's no big deal, especially in the mario series.

I personally don't find Yoshi cute in the very slightest

More power to you Yoshi fans

This is a chance for Baby Daisy to shine so she isn't a filler anymore.

Anyways this game looks great.... thats all I have to say.

What if Waluigi appears in this game?

Mega Morg said:
Princess Daisy is already non-filler

Well yeah Super Mario Land. I meant BABY Daisy. Created just for filling in a spot in Mario Kart.

MeltdownKP1 said:
Mega Morg said:

Well yeah Super Mario Land. I meant BABY Daisy. Created just for filling in a spot in Mario Kart.
but shes the baby form of daisy which makes her daisy which makes her non filler

Mega Morg said:
MeltdownKP1 said:
Mega Morg said:

but shes the baby form of daisy which makes her daisy which makes her non filler

Um, no. Babies count as different characters. SHE IS A FILLER.

Ill be getting this, if I have the money.

I like how Yoshi turns into a full 3D model after eating an enemy. I'd like to see what kind of puzzles come out of that.

Another yarn game, huh? I think it looks interesting so far. Glad to see another Yoshi game announced, anyway. I'll keep an eye on this one.

Actually, it almost makes sense. I mean, in SMW2, Yoshi was only able to die from spikes and lava. Other than that, he only died when he couldn't get Baby Mario in time.

I'm kind of hoping this'll be a bit more challenging than Kirby's Epic Yarn, but it's looking good so far. I'll look out for this game.
Also I think it should be coins and not gems since coins are from the Marioverse, but eh, it's not a big deal if it's not coins. :p

MeltdownKP1 said:
Mega Morg said:
MeltdownKP1 said:
Mega Morg said:

Um, no. Babies count as different characters. SHE IS A FILLER.
so you are telling me that baby daisy is in fact no simply the baby version of daisy but instead an entirely separate character that just so happens to be named baby daisy

To me the game looks a little bland but that may be cuz they just announced it. But I sure hope it has a beautiful soundtrack! Please use the Caverns theme from Yoshi's Island and Love is in the air from Yoshi Story. Amazing themes from the Yoshi series.

The little bit that we've seen does look incredibly bland. But it's only a few seconds of footage and some screenshots, there's more for us to see hopefully.

Hm, I'm thinking that having Yoshi go into his egg after eating an enemy (seems like only Shy Guys atm) (where you can't see through him lol) allows him to stomp on enemies, which may explain why the Shy Guys ran away when Yoshi was nearby.
Either that or it'll just allow him to take another hit. Or both, actually. :p

Baby Luigi said:
Unless babies are in it, I don't give a dang.
Although babies became a part of Yoshi games somewhat already, the major problem is would the staff just totally make everything just similar with the original Yoshi island when babies didn't appear at all.
If it's NSMB who added Yoshi regardless of that Yoshi didn't appear in "SMB" at all, babies can have a chance. Maybe they're playable in particular stages or all of them are kidnapped.

MeltdownKP1 said:
This is a chance for Baby Daisy to shine so she isn't a filler anymore.
In storyline, it is actually uncertain. Daisy should be in NSMB, but there isn't much documentation about her past : when did Peach and Mario bros meet Daisy? One documentation said that Baby Luigi is afraid of her, so it might mean that they're childhood friends too.
But still, it's improper to create character without a background story, especially a baby. At least Baby Rosalina makes sense if she could appear in her memory book, not a Yoshi game.

Baby Luigi said:
What if Waluigi appears in this game?
What about the other upcoming W&G?

Samus Aran said:
so dude that hates yoshi posts in a game topic about yoshi

that's freaking hilarious.
Nope. Gal that hates Yoshi posts in a game topic about Yoshi.

I'd also like it if everyone stopped making assumptions that, if the graphical style is similar to another game (in this case, Kirby's Epic Yarn), the game will play out exactly the same. C'mon, we haven't seen that much from it yet. Give it a chance until we have more information on the game, at which point you can finally decude whether you'll get it.

Back