Yoshi's Woolly World

Re: Yarn Yoshi

I'm not sure. No matter whether some people didn't like Yarn Kirby or not, this game just feels like that the staff want to "redesign" their classics once again, regardless of those new things they added in previous Yoshi games. Like what they did to NSMB with SMB.

If this game just goes back totally, this time it's obviously nothing to do with even Mario bros or Kamek. I expected to see Baby Daisy or Birdo in a new Yoshi game (maybe as damsels?),

Why so much butthurt over KEY? It wasn't a typical Kirby game, but I liked the art style and the innovation they put behind the game (ripping off parts of the scenery, changing your shape at will). I know people didn't like the fact that you couldn't die, but I thought it was more painful seeing all your hard-earned beads drop into the bottomless pit below. Then again, I'm one of those weirdos that goes for the highest score and also a completionist. Besides, it was inevitable this was going to be made. I mean, didn't the original Yoshi's Island have crayon-drawings and the likes as scenery and didn't Yoshi's Story have cardboard and crayon drawings? Besides, it looks like you might have health in this game (Yoshi turns from an outline into a stitched ball of yarn). If that's true, I assume every time you get hit, you lose some of the stitching until you're nothing more than an outline and then die.

KEY wasn't bad because you couldn't die.

It was bad for having stupidly easy difficulty, infact probably the easiest kirby game to date. To top it off it was also rather slow and how kirby played was a bit bland compared to better installments such as return to dreamland, super star, and crystal shards.

It had amazing visuals and an outanding ost, but really that's all it had.

Sure, it wasn't hard, but it was still fun to play and had interesting mechanics, so I don't really see what's wrong. Not all games have to be hard to be good.

It'll be interesting to see what this game's story plot is. Chances are, it might play out in the same fashion as Kirby's Epic Yarn.

MnSG said:
It'll be interesting to see what this game's story plot is. Chances are, it might play out in the same fashion as Kirby's Epic Yarn.
What was the plot in KEY? I've never played it.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Sure, it wasn't hard, but it was still fun to play and had interesting mechanics, so I don't really see what's wrong. Not all games have to be hard to be good.

That's not really what I'm saying, it was just TOO easy, but not everyone likes to put effort into completing stuff so eh.

Basically it boils down to this: It didn't even begin to compare to more amazing kirby games like the ones i listed, and that's why people didn't like it.

E-102 Gamma said:
Samus Aran said:
a bit bland compared to previous installments such as return to dreamland
I'm sorry, what? KEY came out before KRtDL...

uh woops, should probably reword that(i forgot about that lol).

done.

What a rip-off from Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Unless babies are in it, I don't give a damn.

I gotta admit though the bash on this game is pretty stupid, especially with little that has been seen.

The likely hood of this being anything, gameplay wise, like epic yarn seems pretty dang slim.

Baby Luigi said:

Unless babies are in it, I don't give a damn.
Technically, it's not a rip-off if the company is copying themselves.
YoshiKong said:
MnSG said:
What was the plot in KEY? I've never played it.
A yarn sorcerer sucks Kirby into a magic sock which is actually a portal to Patch Land, which the sorcerer tore apart. Kirby has to help piece Patch Land back together by finding magical string.

Gundam Tanaka said:
Baby Luigi said:

Unless babies are in it, I don't give a dang.

All the magic Kirby's Epic Yarn had is instantly diminished by another title that uses like the exact theme. Especially the one that stars YOSHI

I wouldn't mind if it was a Kirby crossover or if it had babies in it, but, by the looks of it now, it looks like #$%^@.

Baby Luigi said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Baby Luigi said:

All the magic Kirby's Epic Yarn had is instantly diminished by another title that uses like the exact theme. Especially the one that stars YOSHI

I wouldn't mind if it was a Kirby crossover or if it had babies in it, but, by the looks of it now, it looks like #$%^@.
It's not the exact same. We've seen from the pictures that there are some differences; indeed, only one part seemed to resemble Epic Yarn. I think there's going to be different worlds with different themes.

Baby Luigi said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Baby Luigi said:

Would you rather get run-of-the-mill NSMB game?

GalacticPetey said:
Baby Luigi said:
Gundam Tanaka said:
Baby Luigi said:

Would you rather get run-of-the-mill NSMB game?

Actually, yes. Because it doesn't star mother-freaking Yoshi in it

I think BLOF hates Yoshi.

Baby Luigi said:
I personally hate Yoshi the most. If anyone should die, it should be Yoshi

so dude that hates yoshi posts in a game topic about yoshi

that's freaking hilarious.

Well, I want to state my opinions of the game. And it's ok to say that I dislike it. I have no intentions to troll anyone here anyway.

The only reason I will be sticking around here is for possible confirmation of playable baby characters. And I don't mean them as a crying liability. I mean them actually being playable ala New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Back