Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Ok why not change subject before this turns into something noonewantstohappenamIrightguysyeahlikeaflamewarorsomething? Y?

I've finally ordered a Nintendo Switch, as there is a bundle containing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and the Pro Controller (and 3 random Animal Crossing amiibo, but that's not important). I am in it mainly for the Pro Controller, so it's time to experience the difference between the original and the Deluxe. I do hope that they plan to support Deluxe with extra stuff like more characters, given that they took the effort to patch the game with fixes (which surprised me).

Thank you for reading.

J-Yoshi64 said:
So a bundle DOES exist. Good to know... :smug:

To elaborate, it's not the same type of bundle that is distributed in Russia.

The bundle is actually the distributor's way of selling Nintendo Switch consoles. Instead of selling just the Nintendo Switch consoles, which seems to probably end (in fact, the online shop I got this from started selling just the console), they also provided two games early on to basically increase the asking price. There were a few bundles before like Zelda & 1 2 Switch, Bomberman & Mario Kart and Zelda & Just Dance. However, I felt that, when taking into account the Pro Controller, it seems like a decent deal as opposed to just the console.

Sorry if my choice of words weren't clear.

Thank you for reading.

Here are my overall thoughts on MK8 and its deluxe counterpart:

MK8 is overall a very fun, good game. It has some amazing courses(The most in series history, counting the DLC) and i think it's top 3 mario karts overall.

Personally, MK8D is a waste of money for those who already have it on the wii u, and bought the DLC(Like me). In the end, the changes made for the re-release are not worth buying. The only reason to buy this version is to play your buddies online(and in 2018 you'll be paying for online play).

I'd stick with Mk8.

I still think Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a good buy, just overpriced.

And that especially for the ones like me ghat don't own a Wii U, so I guess thanks, Nintendo. Don't you remember it didn't the Wii U didn't sell well? And looking at how fast the Switch is selling, that means more it will technically sell more than the original, so I don't see why it shouldn't have been released.

I'll have to agree with Baby Luigi that it is overpriced though.

I got mk8d and i also own the wii u version. I did it because i want to be able to have something to play on the switch. Not to mention the portable function. Also renegade roundup is loads of fun for me and I love Dry Bones and Bowser Jr.

And that further elaborates the fact that MK8D is not a useless buy.

In my case, I got the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe + Pro Controller bundle because the price offered seems reasonable for me, given the price of the standalone Nintendo Switch bundle. I figured the sum of the parts makes the game overall less pricey. While I do think there are enough additions to make the game fresh, namely the Battles, 2 items at once, assisted controls and ability to do LAN, it felt like the game is kinda expensive. If this game have DLC, I hope that those who bought the DLC earlier gets a discount for the new DLC, or even better, for free. The justification being that, DLC is always a digital purchase, so the Nintendo account can keep track of those who bought them, so it's less complicated than figuring out who bought the physical or digital.

I have played the Battle games, and are finding them quite nice to have. The variety is a very nice change of pace with 5 different types of battle. Of the maps, I like Wuhu Town the best. It's a pity that they didn't keep the Battle themes from Luigi's Mansion and Wuhu Town, which used their standard Battle themes. I guess they have more appropriate music tracks that go beyond the standard theme.

For the first time, I feel confident to play the Battle mode online, since I am confident that there are people who play them. I played 4 matches, each with a different battle. In all the battle games I played, I seem to play better than the average: gotten a lot of Coins in Coin Battle, popped a decent amount of Balloons in Balloon Battle, gotten the most captures in Renegade Roundup and have the second-most points in Shine Thief.

I wonder how the audience will be like once the Nintendo Switch starts implementing a paid online service. Will the original Mario Kart 8 have a bigger audience online due to this?

Played with the tilt controls on the Pro Controller, but I still couldn't figure out how to turn well. It feels like to make sharp turns I have to turn my controller to a big and thus uncomfortable angle. I mean, I am certainly used to the analogue stick, but I want to figure out the best way to utilise tilt controls since I have the Pro Controller.

Thank you for reading.

Does anyone notice that the COM players can't charge a drift turbo as quickly as they do on Wii U? I seen them fail to get even blue sparks at corners where they easily get orange sparks on Wii U...

winstein said:
I wonder how the audience will be like once the Nintendo Switch starts implementing a paid online service. Will the original Mario Kart 8 have a bigger audience online due to this?

Oh I forgot about the paid online. I don't even remember the price, but isn't it reasonable?

I'm still debating whether to get Mario Kart 8 Deluxe right away or get something else and wait on it. I already have MK8+DLC on the Wii U

Three years ago is still too soon to start feeling "nostalgic" for anything.

Baby Luigi said:
Three years ago is still too soon to start feeling "nostalgic" for anything.

Err, 3 years is 1/6 of my life...

This was the game that made me search up Luigi x Daisy fanfics and made me a Daisy fan!

Ok Nostalgic for me is Galaxy. Not even Mario Kart Wii feels nostalgic yet since I still play it (with Custom Tracks).

And I remember the original original Mario Kart 8 Roster did not features the babies nor Shy Guy and instead had Toadette. Good times.
E32013_MK8_Character_Select.PNG

What on earth was in Mario Kart 8 that could possibly kick off an interest in shipping fanfiction... lol

I can say I have nostalgia from a few years ago though. Life changes, and it always feels like it was better then than now. Then I missed even further back, now I miss then, etc.

YoshiGo99 said:
Ok Nostalgic for me is Galaxy. Not even Mario Kart Wii feels nostalgic yet since I still play it (with Custom Tracks).

And I remember the original original Mario Kart 8 Roster did not features the babies nor Shy Guy and instead had Toadette. Good times.

That CSS order is all wrong. Glad they fixed it with the full version.

Yeah they added Baby Luigi to it and it fixed everything.

YoshiGo99 said:

That was significantly more exciting than Mario Kart 7's roster! It might show less characters than before due to being found in a demo (it was the E3 2013 character selection), but the re-inclusion of two racers was the best part about it.

Thank you for reading.

Back