Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Koichi Kizakura said:
good luck racing with your roller (or whatever the smallest bike is called in the english version) and baby luigi vs. 11 metal marios online

oh i forgot youre not playing online

well then you can win with any combo i guess

:^ )

I enjoy having complete freedom and control over what I want to do, including choosing what tracks I want to race on, what vehicle combo I feel like using, and what item set to race on, and when I want to win races. It feels good.

Besides, I do a lot of modding shit to my consoles so online is usually out of the question anyway. :^)

the ending is amazing

Am I dead, or did LGM's ghost post in this forum?

After seeing that video, it really makes you have to question if MK8D is worse with the item spamming. At least Mario Kart 8 gave the GamePad users the item spy feature, which can help you plan your item usage better.

MnSG said:
After seeing that video, it really makes you have to question if MK8D is worse with the item spamming. At least Mario Kart 8 gave the GamePad users the item spy feature, which can help you plan your item usage better.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe item system is worse. I feel like reviving Mario Kart Wii (with the abuse of Red Shell and Spiny Shell). I'm currently making 150cc Grand Prix, trying to have my three stars on each courses and I got so much Red Shells and Spiny Shells after me (In one course, I got five Spiny Shells and a lots of Red Shells), something that never happen to me in Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.

Also, do the COM Players in Grand Prix are more likely to have Red Shells in second and third place than Human Players? When I'm in those places, I got like 5 bananas for one Red Shell.

One thing for sure, I really want the next Mario Kart game to get rid of the Coins in the Item System (and make Boos exclusive to the Battle mode).

LeftyGreenMario said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
Nin Sho needs to learn rule number 1 at Mario Kart.

Nobody plays as Mario.
*middle finger*

Isn't that image considered inappropriate? SmashBoards doesn't tolerate middle finger images, so I'm quite shocked that this website is less severe with the inappropriate images. After all, there are kids here.

You can report it if you wish, I suppose. I feel like this forum is a bit more lax with swearing rules though. Us as a community are generally mature, and I doubt any random guest who happens upon these boards will come to this random page on this random board. And besides, I don't think any child that looks upon it is going to have a heart attack.

I saw signatures and gifs with the F bomb very explicit shown, so a middle finger isn't any big deal.

It's a picture of Mario smiling and appearing to facetiously flip you off.

Swiftie has seen worse things, trust me.

We should probably get back on-topic right now...

Ever since I came back to online races, some things never changed at all. Most notably, the Slick tire abuse.

Why people prefer Slick over Slim can be baffling, since the latter is actually better overall with the additional handling boost, and the Slim tires can handle underwater segments better as well.

Of course, the best tires for any acceleration reliant player would still be the Roller, Azure Roller, Button, and Leaf Tires.

And before anyone asks, I'm referring to Mario Kart 8.

After the lastest DLC , people practically sticked to a couple of setups and haven't change ever since.

Not surprising that it's still that way for MK8 , but i would like to know what's the ''abused'' setup in Deluxe now.

MnSG said:
Why people prefer Slick over Slim can be baffling, since the latter is actually better overall with the additional handling boost, and the Slim tires can handle underwater segments better as well.

MnSG said:
the Biddybuggy wasn't exactly a heavily abused vehicle body, and while it did have good water speed and air speed statistics, the former had limited uses.

I think it might be that. Haven't got an idea about the handling though.

MnSG said:
We should probably get back on-topic right now...

Ever since I came back to online races, some things never changed at all. Most notably, the Slick tire abuse.

Of course, the best tires for any acceleration reliant player would still be the Roller, Azure Roller, Button, and Leaf Tires.

And before anyone asks, I'm referring to Mario Kart 8.
I'm a big fan of the Slim and Crimson Slim tires.

Baby Luigi said:
Am I dead, or did LGM's ghost post in this forum?
I guess dissing Mario is the only thing that can bring her back.

LudwigVon said:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe item system is worse. I feel like reviving Mario Kart Wii (with the abuse of Red Shell and Spiny Shell). I'm currently making 150cc Grand Prix, trying to have my three stars on each courses and I got so much Red Shells and Spiny Shells after me (In one course, I got five Spiny Shells and a lots of Red Shells), something that never happen to me in Mario Kart 8 on Wii U.
I think the increase in spiny shell attacks is due to having two item slots. They need to make sure 1st place does not have a huge advantage. So they either make 1st be susceptible to red shells by giving him/her coins, or they increase the probability that a spiny shell will spawn. Since having two item slots increase the chance of having an item that can protect you, they had to balance it by making spiny shells more common.

Baby Luigi said:
I saw signatures and gifs with the F bomb very explicit shown, so a middle finger isn't any big deal.
That's what I was gonna say. If you're gonna censor the middle finger, you better censor images with the F-word too.

Well I just beat 150cc, marking the first 3 times I had to restart the Grand Prix.

The first was as Bowser, I forget which cup but I got 2nd once so that ruined the 3 star rating.

The second and third time I was Baby Peach and Baby Daisy in Egg Cup and Crossing Cup respectively, and I got annihilated by items numerous times on Excitebike Arena and Baby Park. I don't know if simple loop tracks hate me or if the AI hates the baby characters.

Probably gonna take a break from Grand Prix and do some or all of the Time Trial runs now. I think I found a few character and car combinations that I like

Back