Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Cirdec said:
Koichi Kizakura said:
so a friend of mine now got the 5000 coins required for the golden glider

yfw you have never unlocked it in mk7 or original mk8

Back in MK7, Gold Kart was 20 000 coins.
This took me a year to unlock it.

And in MK8, the unlocking requirement now took me almost less than half a year because of multiplayer.

I've gotten all the gold parts in MK8Deluxe but not in the others, and tbh I like that they made it easier because grinding isn't really fun.

J-Yoshi64 said:
MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
Also, 150cc is for dweebs. Why play on it anymore when 200cc exists?

Maybe because some people can't handle 200cc's high speed.
Like BLOF said, anything less than 200cc is for dweebs.
*sigh* I've been doing 150cc because I'm virtually guaranteed to get 1st and likely to get 3 stars. I can occasionally get 1st in 200cc, but a lot of the time I come in second or third. I think it's time to up my game.

J-Yoshi64 said:
MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

That sounds rather insulting when you consider that 150cc is supposed to be like the game's expert difficulty.

MnSG said:
J-Yoshi64 said:
MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:

That sounds rather insulting when you consider that 150cc is supposed to be like the game's expert difficulty.

Doubt. The expert difficulty mode is hidden in VS mode settings. Select Team Game and report back to me.

memoryman3 said:
Doubt. The expert difficulty mode is hidden in VS mode settings. Select Team Game and report back to me.
I've already played team game a bunch of times before, it really isn't too hard. The only problem was that the items didn't care if they were thrown by your teammates, but they fixed that in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Tiff said:
memoryman3 said:
I've already played team game a bunch of times before, it really isn't too hard. The only problem was that the items didn't care if they were thrown by your teammates, but they fixed that in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

OK then, burn out at the beginning of the race in Deluxe. Try and catch up.

For anyone doubting me and claiming it's placebo....well there's a separate GP course table and VS course table...and the VS course table has much higher speed values.

Fawful & Cackletta said:
I don't think having a hard time winning after intentionally disadvantaging yourself at the start is a good case for difficulty.

I know that. And you'll notice once you get hit with one or two items. It even got to the point where I was stuck at 6th and had to fight my way to 1st...which usually never happens in GP.

Oh, and I always start with a full Rocket Boost.

Cirdec said:
Koichi Kizakura said:
so a friend of mine now got the 5000 coins required for the golden glider

yfw you have never unlocked it in mk7 or original mk8

Back in MK7, Gold Kart was 20 000 coins.

That was a utterly atrocious unlock requirement, and I don't think the developers bothered play-testing it at all.

memoryman3 said:
Tiff said:
memoryman3 said:

OK then, burn out at the beginning of the race in Deluxe. Try and catch up.

For anyone doubting me and claiming it's placebo....well there's a separate GP course table and VS course table...and the VS course table has much higher speed values.

why not play mario kart with one arm and while you're sick? bam, expert mode right there.

I'm not saying that you SHOULD do it, but it's an experiment I done to show that there is in fact different COM behaviour for Team Races.

computers are shitty teammates who knew

Rule N#1 in Mario Kart: NEVER play team races with CPUs.

I'm pretty sure R#1 of Mario Kart is to act like a douchebag.

When Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was released, I went back to play Mario Kart 8 the original, and was surprised to see that there are still people online. I guess not everybody has moved on, and neither will I until I can get Deluxe for cheaper. The races are still as cutthroat as ever, and I wonder how the glitch fixes made the matches better since I once was in a race where my opponent (it's a 2 player race at that time) where I can never catch up with him/her.

I also went back to play a Battle game with CPU players, and thought it's not bad even though the arenas are race tracks. Of course wide battle courses are still preferable, but I didn't think it's as bad as I read about.

Thanks for reading.

Or maybe since it's a MK8 mod, I believe the modder put Dry Bones' textures on Koopa Troopa.

Back