Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

2257 said:
*img*

>baby luigi isn't there

eat my entire anus nintendo

On another note, Nintendo went the extra mile with regards to recycling. Here's Wendy's picture:

31.jpg

Now, this picture from Mario Kart 8 would even be nice, except for the fact that it comes from a preliminary version of the game, in which Electrodrome didn't have the second gliding section yet!

So, we have arrived to the point that even pre-release material is being recycled isntead of creating actual material from the game!

The site is nice anyway, and if Nintendo forces this design they might even prevent "hijacks" from NOE's translations! ;)

2257 said:
>dry bones isn't there

eat my entire anus nintendo
Well, try to find Bowser Jr. too...

i am patiently wainting till someone of high power calls out Nintendo on their bullshit recycling recently.

It has gotten way to ridiculous.

i never had issue with the recycling, they had always recycled content for their games.

I think you understand where im coming from.

i am aware they have recycled content throught the years in many games and they will continue to do so , but they usually try to make things even and organized so it looks nice and tidy.

Using screenshot of the beta of the Wii U version, 2007 renders in MTUS , horrible voices in Sports Superstars , etc etc etc.

That doesnt look nice whatsoever.

They have done better than this

YoshiGo99 said:
Potentially unlockable characters? We still don't know anything about that other than being able to unlock Gold Metal Mario.
guy on pax stream said everyone's unlocked from the start (presumably besides gold mario)

Gold Mario isn't its own character, its a palette swap of Metal Mario.

On the subject of Gold Mario, could this maybe mean more secret palette swaps throughout the game? Maybe wishful thinking, but it'd be nice to see more colors for Toad, or maybe even, stretching it a bit, more outfits for the Villagers or even Link's main costume from BOTW.

MrRoidley said:
On the subject of Gold Mario, could this maybe mean more secret palette swaps throughout the game? Maybe wishful thinking, but it'd be nice to see more colors for Toad, or maybe even, stretching it a bit, more outfits for the Villagers or even Link's main costume from BOTW.
Typically, gold parts are rewards for some achievements, the same can be said for Gold Mario: you get it by beating all 200cc cups, so I think it's more like one of those golden reward than an indication that more palette swaps are incoming. With him you can get an all-gold combination!

By the way, speaking of this image:
img_sfc-chara.png

If we look at the list of Mario Kart 8 stamps, we discover that actually only one stamp was added: that of the Inklings! So, ultimately, they just went on with the tradition of showing the crossover characters started with the DLC packs! It makes me wonder if at the beginning the additional content of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was meant to be in a DLC pack...

One thing I liked in MK8 was the lighting effects on Pink Gold Peach that varied between courses, but it was especially noticeable on Moo Moo Meadows, Wario's Gold Mine and Yoshi Valley. I wonder if Gold Mario will do the same on these courses.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
One thing I liked in MK8 was the lighting effects on Pink Gold Peach that varied between courses, but it was especially noticeable on Moo Moo Meadows, Wario's Gold Mine and Yoshi Valley. I wonder if Gold Mario will do the same on these courses.
I think it's pretty likely that the effect will be the same you see in Metal Mario, just with a different base color (a peculiar yellow instead of grey).

Mister Wu said:
I think it's pretty likely that the effect will be the same you see in Metal Mario, just with a different base color (a peculiar yellow instead of grey).

The lighting on Moo Moo Meadows makes Pink Gold Peach look shiny magenta on some parts of her, but I haven't used Metal Mario much at all to see if he looks similar.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
The lighting on Moo Moo Meadows makes Pink Gold Peach look shiny magenta on some parts of her, but I haven't used Metal Mario much at all to see if he looks similar.

Just tested it, Metal Mario's cap and body have both blue & magenta.
While testing I figured out why the character roster was bad, they spent to much time on hair physics! Continuously hop with :pgp: on a bike and you'll see what I mean

MarioRedux56 said:
Birdo in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

To be honest, I've never really liked Birdo, and wouldn't care if she didn't return, but she's still a better character than :pgp: and the hair physics Nintendo focused on to much!

I like crossover racetracks, but as far as characters, not so much. The one guest character I'd really like to see however is Captain Falcon.

The Koopa Bro. said:
While testing I figured out why the character roster was bad, they spent to much time on hair physics! Continuously hop with :pgp: on a bike and you'll see what I mean

It's called "jiggle bones", which is made to reduce time spent actually having to animate flowing hair, and no, it doesn't apply only to hair. Many objects can find use for jiggle bones, such as chains, dangling loose objects, ropes, etc. Hair is just the most common use for them.

Back