Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Of the new Battle Arenas, I think Lunar Colony might be my favorite one.

They all look good and promising though, I for now can't decide yet which one is better.

Seeing how Metal Mario's Standard Kart. Pipe Frame and Standard ATV are all colored like himself, I wonder how Gold Mario's vehicle parts will look.

Gold Mario's kart colours will probably be the same as Pink Gold Peach and Metal Mario's, where it will be the colour of the character's metal (in this case, it's gold), and changed into a non-shiny version.

I've been playing a lot of Time Trial lately, and this is what I use:

MK8_PGPeach_Icon.png
+
Gold_Standard.png
+
SlickTiresMK8.png
+
SuperGliderMK8.png

For courses with large amounts of underwater driving, I swap the Slick tires for the Slim tires, and for courses without gliding or those were it is optional (like N64 Yoshi Valley and GCN Sherbet Land), I swap the Super Glider for the Peach Parasol, since it boosts mini-turbo by a small amount. It's not much but every little bit helps.

Not the most optimal choice but I still have so much fun testing my driving skills, since I don't normally use something like this that has below average handling and very bad traction.

You forgot And Knuckles

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe won't be enough to sell me on buying a switch. I'll probably buy one when Splatoon 2 comes out.

Of course, if Diddy Kong or Kamek are announced to be playable characters in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, then I will definitely buy a Nintendo Switch.

PeDaRoYs said:
Next will be Super Ultra Mini-Turbo Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha ´.
Kami Guru

Comparison between three Mini-Turbo boosts.
Mini-Turbo - 0.621 seconds
Super Mini-Turbo - 1.674 seconds
Ultra Mini-Turbo - 2.633 seconds

Hyper Mini-Turbo - 3.692 seconds
Super Ultra Mini-Turbo Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha ´ - 5.555 seconds
Super Ultra Mini-Turbo Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha ´ and Knuckles, featuring Danté from the Devil May Cry series - 99.899 seconds

I've been looking at the stat changes that have been spotted, and from what I've seen it looks like the streetle (and likely blue falcon) no longer give out acceleration and speed, which means that online is likely to not be Morton Kart 8. Might be worth getting this game if you play online a lot.

Dark Meta Knight said:
I've been looking at the stat changes that have been spotted, and from what I've seen it looks like the streetle (and likely blue falcon) no longer give out acceleration and speed, which means that online is likely to not be Morton Kart 8. Might be worth getting this game if you play online a lot.

That's rather funny, considering that Mario Kart 7's Soda Jet offered a speed and acceleration boost, and yet I don't remember it being abused that much during online races.

Any chance that you have a source that confirms this?

MnSG said:
That's rather funny, considering that Mario Kart 7's Soda Jet offered a speed and acceleration boost, and yet I don't remember it being abused that much during online races.

That's just because it wasn't enough to put the acceleration in a higher tier.

This video in particular: https://youtu.be/wNCf_oHe5G0
The Landship was shown in another video (https://youtu.be/uKrNVviX24w) and it gives 0.5 acceleration and takes way 0.5 speed (a lot less extreme than original MK8), assuming that the roller tires follow this as well, the streetle shares the same stats as the landship instead of being unique.

This could all change though, I've already noticed that Luigi's stats are a bit different than Mario's stats which we saw a few months ago. It keeps changing and the final game might be different yet again.

Dark Meta Knight said:
MnSG said:

This video in particular: https://youtu.be/wNCf_oHe5G0
The Landship was shown in another video (https://youtu.be/uKrNVviX24w) and it gives 0.5 acceleration and takes way 0.5 speed (a lot less extreme than original MK8), assuming that the roller tires follow this as well, the streetle shares the same stats as the landship instead of being unique.

This could all change though, I've already noticed that Luigi's stats are a bit different than Mario's stats which we saw a few months ago. It keeps changing and the final game might be different yet again.

Ok so there is Yoshi + Streetle + Roller + Hylian Kite combo:

OldNew
Speed32.5
Acceleration4.254.75
Weight2.252
Handling44.25
Traction3.254.25

Speed boost to Streetle seems to have been removed, unless characters stats got changes as well.

Dark Meta Knight said:

You could still go Soda Jet + Monster if you want though, as it does offer better acceleration for the heavy characters than the fastest kart bodies.

I do have to wonder how Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will handle the Monster and Hot Monster though, since they were quite expendable in Mario Kart 8. Heck, I never really wasted time with them after I learned how bad they were overall, and knowing that you can't drift on normal off-road with any kind of combination just adds insult to injury.

I'm hoping the stats will be more varied, as one of my problems with Mario Kart 8 was that there was no combinations that I could find where speed and handling were high and the other stats were mid-low (my prefered stats). Instead the stats focused on the stats of each weight class.

Another minor stat related problem I had was that multiple parts had the same stats, rather than how it was in Mario Kart 7, where each kart piece has different stats to any other.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
I'm hoping the stats will be more varied, as one of my problems with Mario Kart 8 was that there was no combinations that I could find where speed and handling were high and the other stats were mid-low (my prefered stats). Instead the stats focused on the stats of each weight class.

Another minor stat related problem I had was that multiple parts had the same stats, rather than how it was in Mario Kart 7, where each kart piece has different stats to any other.
This was intentional, Acceleration barely increased in lightweights, so Handling had to be the stat typical of light characters. MKW had both high speed, high Mini-Turbo and high handling while drifting and you see what happened in the end...

I would also add that if they managed to increase the speed of 150cc by 50% and the game was still playable, this means that Handling was pretty much useless in MK8...

regarding different parts with the same stats, I guess this was made to avoid what happened in MKW and MK7, where one specific combination of character and vehicle was "abused" (Funky Kong on Flame Runner in MKW, Metal Mario with B-Dasher and Red Monster Tires in MK7).

As far as I know, The Red Monster started being used and replaced everything else when it was discovered that with them it was possible to drift in offroad sections.

Some confirmations:
-You can change characters and karts in between races online
-No time limit for Sunshine Thief
-All battle games except Renegade Roundup can be played with or without teams
-New Tips option in Main Menu (info on items, battle mode, tricks)
-'Online One Player' and 'Online Two Player' are now under one option in Main Menu
-Play Stats adds 'Wireless Play' section
-Ultra Mini-Turbo cannot be used if Smart Steering is turned on

Back