Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

To be fair, Bowser's and Petey's sizes vary between games.

DK generally has the movement and posture of a gorilla.

Badwagon needs a speed buff.

That thing appears to be designed for speed yet there's no speed boost for it? What is this madness?

i would be amazing if we actually got an Awards Ceremony after GP in Deluxe.

Though that would be too much to ask to Nintendo.

Pink_Gold_Peach said:
Baby Luigi said:
Badwagon needs a speed buff.

That thing appears to be designed for speed yet there's no speed boost for it? What is this madness?

The water speed boost doesn't count right?

I believe she was referring to the ground speed stat. There aren't too many tracks that utilize the water speed stat anyway.

MnSG said:
I believe she was referring to the ground speed stat. There aren't too many tracks that utilize the water speed stat anyway.

I know, but she made it sound like the Badwagon didn't get a speed boost at all. I do think the Badwagon should get a ground speed boost though.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i would be amazing if we actually got an Awards Ceremony after GP in Deluxe.

Though that would be too much to ask to Nintendo.

Even ----ing Mario Sports Superstars made actual awards ceremonies :P

I don't think we will ever see an awards ceremony like the one from MKW again. I like how it was implemented for GP, but I also like that they did it for Team Vs race and Battle Mode too. I even find the "You lose" screen likeable. You sit there at the top of a hill/cliff alone or with your team, looking in the distance at the ceremony.

I prefer Mario Kart: Double Dash's awards ceremony almost solely for the rare Baby Luigi sound clips like "Baby power!" or "Way nice".

Mario Kart 64 has the best losing awards ceremony btw.

Torturing Wario in battle mode is another thing I like, as well as the game's soundtrack.

but yeah

Going back on topic, I'm also excited to hear the music tracks for the Battle Mode courses, especially SNES Battle Course 1 and Lunar Colony. I hope the former can top SNES Battle Course 4 from Wii.

I don't really like what they did with the SNES Battle Course music, I don't think it's as good as the Wii version, although I didn't like that one until recently.

I'm just upset we didn't get NEW battle music for Dragon Palace or Sweet Sweet Kingdom. I do like the added vocals to Dragon Driftway's theme though.

The composing of these music tracks weren't as intense as I imagined them.

Mute City

Big Blue

[quote author=A top-rated YT comment regarding Big Blue's final lap music]
I just imagine the Sax player and the Guitar player getting angrier and angrier with each other, shoving the other off the stage, trying show them up each time, and the composer just goes with it and puts it in the game anyway.
[/quote]

I didn't make that comment btw.

I won't miss any of the race track "arenas" at all.

All I can gather from this image is Nintendo either no longer considers Roy a Mario character, or the person who made that image heard the name and assumed it was the one from Fire Emblem so he went with the guest characters.

Then again, there's another Koopaling down there with him ... so no.

On a better note , Deluxe website seems so much better than the original.

It's more lively. Too bad there are no new renders for King Boo whatsoever.

Back