Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

It was a little more than 2 as far as I know. I myself am also somewhat wary of playing at the moment.

If I remember correctly, the issue occurred during time trials. If you avoid that mode, you should be fine. I just did a ton of online races and I was perfectly fine.

GalacticPetey said:
If I remember correctly, the issue occurred during time trials. If you avoid that mode, you should be fine. I just did a ton of online races and I was perfectly fine.
I've been avoiding Time Trials for that reason.
FЯЕ4КШ0ЯГD said:
Appearently mostly older wii u's are affected (pre-2013)
Older Wii U's? Man, where I'm getting my information from, it says Wii U's bought just before or on launch are mostly affected.
I bought mine Sunday.

Some dude on there said it's a problem with wireless. If you don't have wireless, you're fine.

Nysic said:
Some dude on there said it's a problem with wireless. If you don't have wireless, you're fine.
Yes, I've heard it was a problem with the wireless data wiring to the Wii U's memory when you beat a ghost or something like that. May not be the right wording, but whatever.

it let's me play about three matches then it disconnects me

So, er, maybe this?

http://www.crashwiki.com/quick-guide-fix-mario-kart-8-connection-errors/

When I do it it asks for a password and username and I have no idea where that is lol

New Super Mario said:
So, er, maybe this?

When I do it it asks for a password and username and I have no idea where that is lol
Have you linked a Club Nintendo account to your Wii U?

New Super Mario said:
So, er, maybe this?

That's your password to do stuff to your router (not your security password).

omg i just found out you can make the piranha chomp faster if you press the item button

Misty said:
New Super Mario said:
So, er, maybe this?

That's your password to do stuff to your router (not your security password).
Yeah I know, I just don't actually know where my parents have all that.

But it seemed to work this morning so I don't know what the deal was.

The game's only coming out on June 20 here. :(

ThePremiumYoshi said:
The game's only coming out on June 20 here. :(
Impossible. I remember all of them coming out in May.
Unless you mean delivered to your door.

Glowsquid said:
he's in brazil.
Wait, I thought Brazil got theirs May 30th. Unless, once again, you mean delivered to his door.
Maybe Mario Wiki is lying to me... Curses.

So with MK8 I decided to learn how to do Inside Drifting.

Now that I've learned, I don't even know how I managed before. Inside Drifting is so much easier, and since this game has a lot of tight turns, it's so helpful!

I got all the stamps and the Golden Wheels. I have 2700 coins now. Getting close to the Gold Glider. Just a few more races and I should get it...

Also, what are you guys three favorite/least favorite new and retro courses. I already listed two of my favorites (cloudtop cruise and electrodrome), and I'd add Thwomp Ruins to that. My favorite retro ones are Tick Tock Clock, Piranha Plant Slide, and Rainbow Road N64. Least favorite new ones are Bone-Dry Ruins (not Dunes), Dolphin Shoals, and Mario Kart Stadium. Least favorite retros are Grumble Volcano, Cheep Cheep Beach, and Dry Dry Desert, and Moo Moo Meadows (that's four, but all those courses are shit).

Finally, to add onto the shell particle effect glitch, here's a neat little thing I discovered by just going slow-mode and moving the scenes before the impact of a Spiny Shell.

zlCfzSAaqRgCoJefyR

Looks pretty amazing.

i played some more mario kart at my friends house today
we did star cup
sunshine airport is probably my favourite track. everything about it was awesome
mount wario & electrodome were really, really cool. i love how you launch off a fucken plane at the start, that was some pro shit right there. as for electrodome, the part where the ground lights up where your tire touches it was dope. there was probably a buncha other things but they were both really cool

i dont see the big deal with dolphin shoals, is it a hard course or just annoying? it was mediocore but i didnt find it hard even though i hear a lot of people complaining about it. personally i thought it was a cool beach course and it was pretty decent but not on my worst list

So I found this on the front page of EB Games' website:
sh_20140526_mariokart8_outnow_v2.jpg

Back