Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Uploading a 30 sec highlight to Youtube took about 10 minutes.

Also, here's a 'snaking' alternative. It's called 'fire hopping'

And this, http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/06/luigi-isnt-the-only-troll-in-the-new-mario-kart/

Ugh I can't wait until the freaking game arrives in the freaking mail in two freaking weeks. Why do I have to live in a third-world country?! WHY?!?!?!

Dreamy Fawful said:
I've had fucking Blue Shells miss me. As in go right by me when I was in first. I have a saved video of it, but since the highlights won't catch it I have to wait until my HD capture device gets here so I can show you guys the damn thing passing me.
Had it happen a few days ago:
Sure it was probably just because it was Yoshi Valley, but still.

Just got Three Stars on all the Grand Prix cups!!!

It was very hard towards the end when the computers just so happened to get items that they constantly used against you and knocked you back into 7th place while you only get like green shells and bananas to try to make your way back to the top...

Where was I going with this?

Oh yeah, finally did it though! Lots of restarts - and tons of swearing - but I made it!

Also, I can now see all the hate for Dolphin Shoals. Like, I don't know why, but that was the worse course to play in the 150cc and Mirror Star Cups. It was literally so hard to stay in first and even hard to get back in first, and really came down to the luck of the item box. Can someone explain why this happens? I've done it with different characters each time from different stats and all, and yet that same result comes up. Is it just how the course is built? Am I not taking the fastest path?

Armin Arlert said:
Also, I can now see all the hate for Dolphin Shoals. Like, I don't know why, but that was the worse course to play in the 150cc and Mirror Star Cups. It was literally so hard to stay in first and even hard to get back in first, and really came down to the luck of the item box. Can someone explain why this happens? I've done it with different characters each time from different stats and all, and yet that same result comes up. Is it just how the course is built? Am I not taking the fastest path?
I feel like the pipe section is the main cause of this. I think how fast you go from the ground to the air has an effect, so I save my mini-turbos until I'm able to use it and keep it until I reach the edge.

Also the eel is really strange and possibly slows you down more than it helps you. It's one of the only good spots to get coins though, so it's usually worth it.

Don't release the drift button when I have an orange spark, even though if I did I could start another drift and get a blue spark before the turn ends. I just keep it and release it when I'm closer to the edge. It helps me get through that pipe section quicker because I find that's where my lead disappears most frequently.

I find the eel to be a faster way. You can do tricks on it, not to mention all the coins. So I always try to stay on the eel.

I understand that, but it's an awkward surface so it definitely feels like it's not helping much.

There's a path to avoid the pipes on the far right side of that section, I always take it. You only need to take 1 pipe.

I tried that path, it doesn't exactly place you at a good spot once you're off that road.

The middle path is the one I take, granted that I haven't been hit by an item so I can use the mini-turbo to go through it fast.

I don't like that path because it's too easy to fall off of for me. Even when it drops me off at that spot when I take the far right path, my main combo gets crazy good handling and speed underwater for some reason, so I still make it fine.

... is it? I thought it was impossible to screw up the middle path with the exception of items or purposely leaning forward. Even if you don't float over the third pipe you can still reach safe ground.

It's mostly items that get me there. I also don't like how it sets you down on an off-road part (at least it does for me).

What's with the music on this track? It's weird how it switches to the sax on the anti-gravity part and then stays that way until you cross the finish line for the second lap. It should just do the sax when you're not underwater.

Supa Horrnnn said:
Uploading a 30 sec highlight to Youtube took about 10 minutes.

Also, here's a 'snaking' alternative. It's called 'fire hopping'

And this, http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/06/luigi-isnt-the-only-troll-in-the-new-mario-kart/
I do "fire hopping", I didn't know that was it's name though.

Anser said:
Ugh I can't wait until the freaking game arrives in the freaking mail in two freaking weeks. Why do I have to live in a third-world country?! WHY?!?!?!

At least it's an excuse for sparing your Wii U the risk of getting bricked. Until Mario Kart 8's system bricking bug is fixed, you're better off not playing the game right now.

MnSG said:
Anser said:

At least it's an excuse for sparing your Wii U the risk of getting bricked. Until Mario Kart 8's system bricking bug is fixed, you're better off not playing the game right now.
So it's just a random glitch that occurs after a race? Online and offline?

I'm still going to play it regardless.

Mio Akiyama said:
So it's just a random glitch that occurs after a race? Online and offline?

I'm still going to play it regardless.

Appearently mostly older wii u's are affected (pre-2013)

Well, I'm not going to stop playing it.

The odds of that happening are slim to none, and it could be all sorts of factors that this happened to those people.

Hell, I got my Wii U on 29th November 2012 and I don't seem to have any problems either.

MnSG said:
Anser said:

I think you're being a bit paranoid, mate.

No offense, but you seem like the kind of person who wouldn't ride a roller coaster because someone died on it once.

Magikrazy said:
wouldn't ride a roller coaster because someone died on it once.

Then you shouldn't be on this website

I was told never to talk about this again

Magikrazy said:
MnSG said:
Anser said:

I think you're being a bit paranoid, mate.

No offense, but you seem like the kind of person who wouldn't ride a roller coaster because someone died on it once.

Yeah if I am right only 2 persons complained about a glitch like that. Over 1 million game sold. You have more chances to die in a car accident than getting your Wii U bricked.

Back