Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Fucking piranha plants on Music Park.

Eating my triple reds.

Magikrazy said:
Magikrazy said:
Magikrazy said:
I've noticed that for some reason it's harder to turn in Single Player mode.
Seriously, is this just me?
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
No observable difference for me. It really should be better than multiplayer because there are less inputs to manage, plus it would be really dumb to have physics changes depending on game mode.

Anyone else notice that Bloopers reduce your traction now? Now it's not completely useless.

This game is the fucking shit.

Nysic said:
Anyone else notice that Bloopers reduce your traction now? Now it's not completely useless.
People are also saying the blue shell has been toned down drastically. Someone also said that sniped green shells are the new blue shells.

maybe today i can convince my parents to give me back the game; it seems likely that they didn't destroy it now, just hid the game somewhere (and told me that they broke it...)

if not, oh well, wind waker hd is still really beautiful

Jolteon said:
People are also saying the blue shell has been toned down drastically. Someone also said that sniped green shells are the new blue shells.
I find green shells waaaaaay more annoying than blue shells. I usually get hit by about two green shells during one cup (which is super annoying), and I rarely get hit by blue shells.

I still think Blue Shells are pretty potent, since they run along the ground and the Super Horn is still rare, and even if you do get it, you'll likely use to against another hazard or get hit by lightning. Although, I did destroy three Blue Shells today, so that was neat.

I'm lucky if I go a race without getting hit by a Green Shell. I swear, they have homing capabilities now or something.

Also, has anyone else noticed that Bullet Bills are really overpowered and scary in this game. It seems like whenever someone gets a Bullet Bill, they end up in first, no matter from what place they were in. I can't tell you how many times I've been hit by a Bullet Bill when I even moved out of the way of its path.

Also, I can't use the Boomerang Flower for shit. It seems the CPUs are always able to hit me with it, but I can't hit them with it. My best moment with the dumb thing was blocking a red shell that was going to hit since you can oddly throw it behind.

I don't have much issue with green shells. They're fun to use against the CPUs though. But the item that pisses me off to no end is the fire flower. My fucking god the fire flower. Cost me so many races right before the finish line.

Jolteon said:
I honestly don't get how you found the Nitro Rainbow Road to be easy. It was the very first I had difficulty with the 5rd time over. Super Mario Kart got easier the 4th time over.
N64 Rainbow Road remake, however, was a piece of cake.
I played it online for the first time and didn't even fall off the track once. I also kept first place for the entirety of the race. Maybe I'm just good at the game.

No-Face said:
maybe today i can convince my parents to give me back the game; it seems likely that they didn't destroy it now, just hid the game somewhere (and told me that they broke it...)

if not, oh well, wind waker hd is still really beautiful
Wait, what?

Did I miss something here?

No-Face said:
Well, my parents decided to break the game. It was fun while it lasted. Luckily I still got the free game download.
more details in the mindless junk thread and some other place

At least Piranha Plants eat Bloopers :)

Did anyone else notice that, when you slow down MKTV footage, it sounds like horror movie music? Well, horror movie enough for Mario, anyway.

MnSG said:
Paladin said:
Red Shells are nerfed as *bleep*

In what way exactly? They're still the bane of any vehicle that has lousy acceleration.
Because they just end up crashing into things that aren't your vehicle or literally driving past you

I've had fucking Blue Shells miss me. As in go right by me when I was in first. I have a saved video of it, but since the highlights won't catch it I have to wait until my HD capture device gets here so I can show you guys the damn thing passing me.

Dreamy Fawful said:
I've had *bleep*ing Blue Shells miss me. As in go right by me when I was in first. I have a saved video of it, but since the highlights won't catch it I have to wait until my HD capture device gets here so I can show you guys the dang thing passing me.
You can set it to show the whole race, but it will refuse to upload to YouTube.

Back