Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

I get hit by lightining way too often. (sometimes as often as twice per round)

here's a better quality image of mario driving a mercedes IN FUCKING GCN DRY DRY DESERT

mario-kart-8-getting-free-mercedes-car-dlc-140135083482.jpg

just look at that shine

oh uh btw

nintendo's released a bit of a... companion app for the game

https://mariokart.tv/

i think it's viewable in both browsers and phones so THERE YA GO SMARTPHONES ARE THE FUTURE

I <3 this Mercedes Benz kart. Hopes this gets released for other regions (especially Europe...cause y'know, it makes the most sense there)

Baby Luigi said:
I <3 this Mercedes Benz kart. Hopes this gets released for other regions (especially Europe...cause y'know, it makes the most sense there)

Region-exclusive DLC in an online multiplayer game is something I really doubt Nintendo would do.

Icemario said:
Region-exclusive DLC in an online multiplayer game is something I really doubt Nintendo would do.

It's been done in New Leaf, if you count items received through SpotPass/other events as DLC.

Mario4Ever said:
Icemario said:

It's been done in New Leaf, if you count items received through SpotPass/other events as DLC.

I had more competitive online multiplayer games in mind when I said that. You're not really given much of an advantage when you get special furniture in Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

8 Nitro Battle Arenas
8 Retro Battle Arenas
MK7 Balloon Battle
MK7 Coin Runners without the 10 Coin limit
MKDS Balloon Battle but with Ghosts as the losing player effect and with more standardized Balloon startout methods.

SNES Arena
N64 Double Deck
GBA Arena
GCN Luigis Mansion
DS Tart Top
Wii Defino Pier
Wii Block Plaza
3DS Sherbert Rink

3D Player 2004 said:
8 Nitro Battle Arenas
8 Retro Battle Arenas
MK7 Balloon Battle
MK7 Coin Runners without the 10 Coin limit
MKDS Balloon Battle but with Ghosts as the losing player effect and with more standardized Balloon startout methods.

SNES Arena
N64 Double Deck
GBA Arena
GCN Luigis Mansion
DS Tart Top
Wii Defino Pier
Wii Block Plaza
3DS Sherbert Rink

Uhhh.. what is this

DLC ideas I'm assuming

Potted Piranha Plant said:
If this DLC is Japen only release I'll be a little sad, and I might cry if it's the best kart.

For all we know, it's probably just an aesthetic vehicle body, having no stat boosts/drops whatsoever.

My guess is that it'll either be a reskin of the Standard Kart or a reskin of the Badwagon.

Whatever, I'll use it regardless of its stats. Realistically speaking for you strawman dudes out there, it won't have unplayable stats.

why is everyone so happy about dlc anyway

yeah free dlc is great but otherwise it's kinda a rip-off

wasn't it miyamoto who said a delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever

I don't understand how it's a rip-off if this DLC is free? You get a whole new kart body and kart wheels if you download it, with practically no downsides other than someone looking stupidly out of place here. And if you don't like it? Don't download it.

Miyamoto said this in a time period where DLC is basically nonexistent. DLC is a good thing if companies don't take advantage of it and whore it out like Capcom or EA. I think a great example of DLC would be patches to update the game (ie Spore), and it's free too. DLC gives developers opportunities to continue developing some assets of the game past release date to increase the longevity of the game.

Just as there's DLC handled poorly for the consumers, there's some that's handled well for the consumers.

Back