Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Yeah I did a thing again. Content ID matches are also a pain so that's why you don't get Mario Kart 8 music here.

Just got my free Pikmin 3 from the Bonus event. Yay

Great game. Online runs like a charm. No lag, no disconnects. Nice to see this after my experiences with Mario Kart 7 online. Great to see Waluigi back. :waluigi:

First off, yes, I'm still alive.
Second off, I have the game! I got the Limited Edition with a racing wheel! Took Wii Party U.
Third off, I have no idea why, but I made a Xat for this game. http://xat.com/MarioKart8XatChat

Anser said:
Well, there have been several threads about what we would like to see in the next Mario Kart, which characters we want and whatnot. However, these seem disorganized and I think we lack an official thread.

For those who don't know, today, during the Nintendo Direct Satoru Iwata hosted, Mario Kart Wii U has been announced. No screenshots or videos were revealed, nor any information about the game. All we know is that they will fully show it at this year's E3 and a demo will be playable for those who assist to the conference.

What are your expectations? Which new elements would you like to see? Which characters? Which courses? Which items? Talk about it here. Any new information about the game will be posted in this thread.

See ya!

Wow, it's been quite the journey since I opened this thread. So much joy (and anger) has been had in this year and a half.

Today I went to buy the game and they told me that because of our bad economy, the game will arrive in 3-4 weeks. Fuck this stupid third-world country. I want to leave this place so badly.

Lucky you who were able to participate in the code promotion.
My code was apparently lucky guessed by somebody else so I couldn't claim my free game.

Who else here mains Wendy? :koopa:
We need a Wendy emoticon

So I went to Best Buy and they took like 10 minutes just to trade in GTA so I could get this game. I go home and think, "Why did I buy this on day 1?"

But anyway, I play the game. I started as Koopa Troopa, but everything felt off, so I switched to Shy Guy and a new combo, which felt a lot better.

Anti-grav didn't really seem to change much, but it's a change of pace, so whatever. I was playing on 50CC, so the races weren't that exciting, but I did get a feel for the courses. They're going to be a pain in Mirror Mode, I can just tell.

I only got to play the Mushroom and Flower Cups. Nothings really stood out to me so far, except the loading (which is short but frequent, and it annoys me) and the fact that the first option on the menu after a race is to watch the MKTV reel, not go to the next race. It's annoying and I keep accidentally hitting it.

I can safely say that Dolphin Shoals and Bone-Dry Ruins are my least favorite courses while Cloudtop Cruise and Electrodrome are my favorites. Also, I don't get the hate for the new Rainbow Road. I mean, it's not as good as Double Dash's or the N64's Rainbow Road, but it's pretty good in its own right.

I can probably tell why Bone-Dry Ruins can be a pain, since the sand can mess up your combo's traction, no matter how high it may be.

I made a mariowiki tournament, its 150cc with nothing else special. races are unlimited, goes daily from 3:30 to 9 but i doubt it actually kicks you out if you go past that. ill make a thread for it if it catches on i guess

2358-4298-2693

ALSO SOMEHOW IT ALREADY GOT REALLY POPULAR WITH A BUNCH OF PEOPLE I DONT KNOW

Magolor said:
I can safely say that Dolphin Shoals and Bone-Dry Ruins are my least favorite courses while Cloudtop Cruise and Electrodrome are my favorites. Also, I don't get the hate for the new Rainbow Road. I mean, it's not as good as Double Dash's or the N64's Rainbow Road, but it's pretty good in its own right.

Wow, CC and E are my two favorites as well.

But I do like DS and BDR.

And after playing Rainbow Road, I actually take back my negativity. It is a lot harder than I thought it was. Plus, that course SUCKS in two player mode. With the way the screens are, there is no way that you can see more than 10 feet in front of you, and then a turn comes out of nowhere, and you end up flying right off. It sucked.

MnSG said:
I can probably tell why Bone-Dry Ruins can be a pain, since the sand can mess up your combo's traction, no matter how high it may be.

I don't like Bone Dry Ruins mostly because it seems they placed the Bone Piranhas in such a way that unless you're at the very edge of the course, you'll get hit by them. Also, I can't reach the shortcut after the gliding part for the life of me. And I'm not too fond of desert levels in general. Doesn't help that they brought back Dry Dry Desert, which I thought was one of the more "meh" courses of Double Dash. Should've been Mushroom City or Wario Colosseum.

Also, to those who have the game, how many of you have successfully Super Horned a Blue Shell? I did, and it was the best thing....then I got hit by a Red Shell after.

zlCfzR_NkZQpl8SLzn

(You can see the Red Shell near the top right corner. Damn thing.)

it looks like one of those "when you see it you'll shit bricks" images with the red shell stalkin' in the corner

Using lightning while people are gliding over one of those bottomless pits is absolutely amazing

I went from 10th place to 3rd just with a button press

Finally got the game yesterday. I got some merchandise with it.
LuigiMKWiiMerchandise.png

"But that's from MKWii?" - Correct. That's the strange part. Oh well, I'm not the one packing those things.

Anyway, game's great. Not a lot of complains. MKTV just failed to show one particular action, but apart from that it's robust.

Misty said:
So I unlock a new character
KOOPALING :mad:
Yes, they are characters in the game. If my facts are right they unlock randomly after a cup so the chances of getting one are 50%

Magolor said:
Also, to those who have the game, how many of you have successfully Super Horned a Blue Shell? I did, and it was the best thing....then I got hit by a Red Shell after.

What about using a Mushroom to dodge the Spiny Shell? Also I feel like the Spiny Shell has been weakened. From what I saw, when you get blown up by it you don't go flying into the air, it looks like a simple Green Shell hit. I do believe it is the same with the Bob-omb. Could it just be because if you got hit while in an anti-gravity section such as the one part in Bowser's Castle, you can switch tracks or would it just look really weird flying up off the track?

Back