Re: Mario Kart 8

SNES: 2
N64: 1
GBA: 3
GCN: 2
DS: 3
Wii: 4
3DS: 5

This is my 5-Retro Cup variation on the amounts.

LakituderSchnell said:
Petey Piranha said:
LakituderSchnell said:
I've raced on Ribbon Road as a MKWii custom track (a rather ugly rendition tbh), it feels like a rather long course. Not necessarily a bad thing, means that there aren't just three turns.

Yeah, I noticed that retro tracks in CTGP Revolution take much longer than normal. GBA Yoshi Desert takes me almost 03:15:00. It's much faster in the real version.
I don't use CTGP Revolution.
It could be part of it.

LakituderSchnell said:
Petey Piranha said:
LakituderSchnell said:
I've raced on Ribbon Road as a MKWii custom track (a rather ugly rendition tbh), it feels like a rather long course. Not necessarily a bad thing, means that there aren't just three turns.

Yeah, I noticed that retro tracks in CTGP Revolution take much longer than normal. GBA Yoshi Desert takes me almost 03:15:00. It's much faster in the real version.
I don't use CTGP Revolution.

Sorry, It's just that i've played that track in CTGP Revolution and I assumed, since it's very popular.

It's just been revealed that Sunshine Airport's official name is...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

...Sunshine Airport!

I'm so glad it's official now. Mario Wiki can finally add it's name to the track list because it wasn't official before....oh wait...

It already was on that list by that name.

Heh, it's Dutch name is exactly the same.

Speaking of Dutch names, Bone Dry Dunes' Dutch name is "Dry Bowsers Woestijn", which is "Dry Bowser's Desert" when translated to English. Confirms enough officially, this course is Dry Bowser's.

LakituderSchnell said:

I know it was. I was being sarcastic and making light of the fact that it was named as such without it being confirmed by an official source (because we all know how unofficial those Nintendo Directs are).

Thing is those track names, could just have been random names that made, rather than actual track names, whereas Sunshine Airport had big banners and signs on it saying Sunshine Airport.

BirdoFan87 said:
LakituderSchnell said:

I know it was. I was being sarcastic and making light of the fact that it was named as such without it being confirmed by an official source (because we all know how unofficial those Nintendo Directs are).

You don't know how wikis work, do you?

BirdoFan87 said:
It's just been revealed that Sunshine Airport's official name is...

DRUM ROLL PLEASE

...Sunshine Airport!

I'm so glad it's official now. Mario Wiki can finally add it's name to the track list because it wasn't official before....oh wait...

Here's the preview.
BjGvIKAIIAAIZcD.png

Jim McGinn said:
Thing is those track names, could just have been random names that made, rather than actual track names, whereas Sunshine Airport had big banners and signs on it saying Sunshine Airport.

Thing is, one by one those names turn out to be correct. How many more need to be confirmed before they aren't random anymore? The Wiki has drawn this out to the bitter end, and for what? If they are random, and they list it as confirmed when it turns out to be something different, then they could just toss it in the trivia portion of the Mario Kart 8 page. Easy peasy. No one would be of the wiser.

And yes Baby Luigi, I know how a wiki works. I also know that posting info on game that hasn't been released yet means practically anything could change before it's release. Beta elements have already proved that what with Toad Harbor having a sign change in recent images to reflect what cup it's in.

1: use the airport listing names

2: put {{Conjecturaltext}}

3: remove the markup/change the names as appropriate.

There, I saved you from typing more about this asinine shit, nerds.

Glowsquid said:
1: use the airport listing names

2: put {{Conjecturaltext}}

3: remove the markup/change the names as appropriate.

There, I saved you from typing more about this asinine *bleep*, nerds.

Finally someone is making sense. I just read over the "Naming" page on the Wiki. Conjectural names seem harmless enough.

http://www.mariowiki.com/MarioWiki:Naming

Pretty straight-forward if you ask me, yet on the discussion page, there is banter about the names being official or not, and yet no one mentions the rules and guidelines for conjectural naming on your very own wiki. Funny.

Back on topic. This track looks amazing! I'm excited to see it in full 3D glory from start to finish.

I don't like using conjectural names on games that aren't released yet. It's going to be a ----storm with these crap since the official names of tracks aren't going to be released yet.

Are articles even being created on these pages in the first place?

There are red links yes, but we don't red link articles that don't have official names

Then use the implied names, red link them, and when the track name is released, change it to reflect it. Doesn't seem hard.

3D Player 2004 said:
:peach: :daisy: :yoshi: :dk: :bowser:

Why don't these have ones of their own?

Because who gives a damn about characters who are not Mario and Luigi

But I looooove the gamepad skin. Although, if it's possible, nothing will beat custom skins.

Baby Luigi said:
Because who gives a dang about characters who are not Mario and Luigi
I don't, like I'm gonna buy Gamepad skins for Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Wario, Yoshi, Birdo, or Waluigi.

Petey Piranha said:
I'm surpised they didn't make a Peach skin. You know, because all girls LOVE Peach.

thats a bunch of shit

Back