Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

When I said "50/50", I meant RPG Characters appearances are halved. Also I'm thinking every character from Mario Kart Wii (With Petey Piranha added) will appear, because Bikes and 12 characters in each race are returning.

Let's get on to the retro courses, we didn't think of some.

MKGirlism said:
MnSG, you can't go by Train or Bus then?

I can go by bus, but I've never used one independently before. It pretty much sucks knowing that Nintendo will not offer eShop demos of the games. Of course, demos have their usage limits, and once the limits are reached, you can't play the demos anymore.

Come on, using a Bus really is not hard at all.
1. Wait.
1b. Ask the Bus driver where they go (optional, but recommended).
2. Check in.
3. Get into the Bus.
4. Stay in the Bus.
5. When it displays the desired street, press "Stop".
6. Wait until it arrives on the street you wanted it to stop.
7. Check out.
8. Get out of the Bus

MnSG said:
MKGirlism said:
MnSG, you can't go by Train or Bus then?

I can go by bus, but I've never used one independently before. It pretty much sucks knowing that Nintendo will not offer eShop demos of the games. Of course, demos have their usage limits, and once the limits are reached, you can't play the demos anymore.

Really? You are 25 years old and never used one idependently?

I literally squealed with excitement once I found out Toadette is finally being included in a Mario game after all these years. It's about damn time Nintendo remembered her.

Cirdec said:
Really? You are 25 years old and never used one idependently?

Let's not continue this topic here. I'm already feeling guilty for derailing the thread in the first place.

My list
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Yoshi
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Bowser
Koopa
Goomba
Boo
Bob-omb
Unlockable
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Daisy
Toadette
King Boo
Petey Piranha
Blooper
Paratroopa
Wiggler
Diddy Kong
Shy Guy
Fly Guy
Piranha Plant
Bowser Jr
Birdo
Dixie Kong
Bob-omb Buddy
Lakitu
Genreal Guy
Fawful

My list speculation:

Light:
Toad
Toadette
Toadsworth
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Koopa Troopa
Paratroopa
Dry Bones
Shy Guy
Baby Peach
Baby Daisy

Medium:
Mario
Luigi
Peach
Daisy
Yoshi
Birdo
Bowser Jr.
Diddy Kong
Hammer Bro.
Magikoopa
Dixie Kong

Heavy:
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Wario
Waluigi
Petey Piranha
King Boo
Rosalina
Funky Kong
Dry Bowser
Wiggler
Pianta

Well, I was able to get someone to bring me to a Best Buy store that's doing the E3 event, but I have nothing but bad news to share.

First off, I was stuck in a long line, and there was only "1" Wii U system to use. And you're only given 7 minutes to play one demo. There was no way that I would've been able to try out any demos by 8 PM, so I left feeling very underwhelmed.

Sorry, but all of my efforts pretty much went down the drain, and it'll most likely be that way for Saturday too. Simply put, don't bother attending the event if you're not there extremely early.

I must say though, for a multimedia store, you would've thought that there would be at least four Wii U systems hosting the new demos.

i was able to go

on the wait, i was able to get a luigi hat (yaaaaay), a wii u booklet (for friends or something?) and a lanyard (BECAUSE)

so after 3 hours of perseverance which went by very fast (and both a majority of nintendo fans to talk to, as well as a lot of original 3DS consoles, one having all 10 of the ambassador games downloaded to play, so not only did i play a wii u demo, i got to play mario kart 7 (the entire game was in the console) and the gba warioware for the first time)

i got to play mario kart 8

a couple of things i noticed:

1. for the gamepad controller, zr is drifting, zl is items, a is accelerate, b is brake

now, you can play by either tilting the gamepad controller, or by clicking off to the side, you can change it to the d-pad and analog stick

wii remotes are obviously supported, etc, etc'

i was able to play the level featured in the e3 demo with peach's castle and all of that

and another one featuring some sort of city

i made out the words toad's toy room on one building, and a peach/daisy building

in the background, i saw a statue of liberty with peach instead of lady liberty

Cool, I want to go. The nearest location available is Culver City, and that's around 30 minutes, according to my brother.

My question is, how early should I go to Saturday's event? One hour early? Two? Culver City is fairly close to Los Angeles, so I'm expecting a lot of people.

I'm planning to play Mario Kart 8 and record some footage... for me, BabyLuigiOnFire, and you guys. :)

Mega Man said:
Geno said:
Has anyone noticed that lord spongeful hasn't wayed in on this conversation yet? I'm glad there not putting stupid chortles, I mean fawful in mario kart 8.
They're bringing back toadette, did any one see that in the trailer?
I am happy that Toadette finally returned. but what's the problem with Fawful? and how can you be sure there not putting him in? they didn't reveal every character in the game you know.
Uh, for a character who might be important, but hasn't joined any spinoff and isn't the very major Mario regular member, what you can do is wait.

LuckySeven said:
I literally squealed with excitement once I found out Toadette is finally being included in a Mario game after all these years. It's about dang time Nintendo remembered her.
In face of the fact that someone should had appeared in previous SMB games, Toadette's return is merely a basic requirement. Or we should be more worried about whether she is going to be a "professional racer" instead of a Mushroom minion.

Zae said:
rpg characters generally don't get in, that's why.
only time i remember rpg characters being in a non rpg mario game was like mario party 5 with the star sprites or whatever.
As discussed many times, a better explanation is "minor role". Game origin isn't the criteria of choosing a playable character, or it's just your own preference.

If Nintendo had done something badly, it only means that they need to improve, not an excuse to use in discussion.

I played this yesterday. It was breathtakingly beautiful. It felt like a cutscene, only with gameplay. Played as Waluigi through all three stages against another guy who was Yoshi. I came out in first, and he came out third. Also I tried to record the gameplay when others were playing, but I was told I couldn't do that. I noticed one thing that was pretty interesting (maybe not for such an early build, but whatever): No blue shells. They'll likely be in, but for now I didn't see any. Still waiting to see my favorite character in glorious HD.

King Antasma said:
I played this yesterday. It was breathtakingly beautiful. It felt like a cutscene, only with gameplay. Played as Waluigi through all three stages against another guy who was Yoshi. I came out in first, and he came out third. Also I tried to record the gameplay when others were playing, but I was told I couldn't do that. I noticed one thing that was pretty interesting (maybe not for such an early build, but whatever): No blue shells. They'll likely be in, but for now I didn't see any. Still waiting to see my favorite character in glorious HD.
Very cool. Does it have a customizable kart system like MK7?

Groden said:
King Antasma said:
Very cool. Does it have a customizable kart system like MK7?
For me, it only let me choose a character, so I didn't see one, but I assume that will be back, since underwater and gliders are back.

when i was playing, i was in 8th place, hit an item box, all i got were the triple mushrooms

so (and i sure hope this one is true) i didn't see any "automatically get back in first place" items

The Undertaker said:
when i was playing, i was in 8th place, hit an item box, all i got were the triple mushrooms

so (and i sure hope this one is true) i didn't see any "automatically get back in first place" items
Well you also have to realize this is early in development. They haven't even showed any new characters, so many things are not in this demo that will be in the final game.

My thoughts: it looks cool and I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun, but no matter what, whenever I see footage for the anti-gravity parts, I can't help but think F-Zero. I miss that franchise... I wish Nintendo would just make a new game already.

Also, I look forward to seeing what characters will be in this one! ;D

Playing this game will be my most anticipated event of the MONTH. As LGM said, we'll be playing this on Saturday.

Baby Luigi said:
Playing this game will be my most anticipated event of the MONTH. As LGM said, we'll be playing this on Saturday.
I wish I could play it on Saturday as well. Buuut my mom is a jerk and says no.

I'm lucky I have an older brother that is able to drive and permissive parents :P

Back