Mario Kart 8 / Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Re: Mario Kart 8

Speaking of the new Super Smash Bros., I wonder if you can do (Online/Offline) Multiplayer cross-platform, like in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, where one player plays on the PS3, and the other one on the PS Vita, and still play together.

MKGirlism said:
Speaking of the new Super Smash Bros., I wonder if you can do (Online/Offline) Multiplayer cross-platform, like in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, where one player plays on the PS3, and the other one on the PS Vita, and still play together.

It's probably a better idea to talk about Super Smash Bros. in in it's topic.

Geno said:
Has anyone noticed that lord spongeful hasn't wayed in on this conversation yet? I'm glad there not putting stupid chortles, I mean fawful in mario kart 8.
Whoa, chill out bro.

Notice they have not shown any newcomers yet. So he still might get in.

also FYI I'm not lord spongeful anymore.

King Antasma said:
So he still might get in.

The probability is against you. But it's nice that you haven't given up on the idea. Just don't be let down when he's not in. If he does by some crazy chance become a playable character then I wouldn't mind, but I still think there's no way they would put him in the game.

Crackin355 said:
King Antasma said:
So he still might get in.

The probability is against you. But it's nice that you haven't given up on the idea. Just don't be let down when he's not in. If he does by some crazy chance become a playable character then I wouldn't mind, but I still think there's no way they would put him in the game.
I heard there will be someone from Nintendo at Best Buy tomorrow. Ima try and talk to whoever that might be.

I doubt they'll leak any information and they'll more than likely tell you "I don't know", so don't surprised if that happens either.

well i just watched the trailer and gotta admit those visuals are pretty smexxy.

Tracks from the little that is shown seem to be a bit more interesting than wii and 7 though.

I still wonder if it'll be as fun as mkdd though, guess time will tell. Don't look too bad though.

Booker said:
I doubt they'll leak any information and they'll more than likely tell you "I don't know", so don't surprised if that happens either.

A guy in YouTube who does a lot of Mario kart videos did some videos of the three demo tracks.

Now the guy he talked to (a translator for the game) could be trolling but he asked him if he knew all the tracks which he said yes but he can't tell nobody. Afterwards Troy (the youtuber) said he hoped there would be more than 32 tracks and the guy nodded.

Don't know what to think of this, Troy has no reason to lie but maybe the translator he talked to was lying instead. Or maybe it's true, but I don't want to trust it since its not confirmed.

MKGirlism said:
Well, MnSG, I'll most likely be invited for Nintendo's Post E3 Event next month, so I'll be trying this game out there.
I only wonder which location they'll pick this time, though.
2 years ago, it was at their office in Nieuwegein, and last year, it was in some sort of Studio in Amsterdam.

Well it's not like that I have to travel far to a Best Buy that has the demos. The only problem is that I can't drive, and my own family tends to be busy at work. Believe me, I'd really like to try out the games myself, but the plans are heavily family reliant.

Geno said:
Has anyone noticed that lord spongeful hasn't wayed in on this conversation yet? I'm glad there not putting stupid chortles, I mean fawful in mario kart 8.

They're bringing back toadette, did any one see that in the trailer?
I am happy that Toadette finally returned. but what's the problem with Fawful? and how can you be sure there not putting him in? they didn't reveal every character in the game you know.

rpg characters generally don't get in, that's why.

Has any Mario RPG character got into a Mario Kart game? I don't remember any.

Anyway, the point is: the chances are slim, you can still have hope but when people say they don't think Fawful will be a playable character don't get mad. They have chosen to not care or have given up on the idea.

Dry Bones fanatic said:
RPG characters only have a 50/50 chance of being in a Spin-off games.

Dunno where you got that statistic...

Zae said:

It's not really that, it's mostly just the attitude of so many fawful fans all over the place like Youtube and Miiverse that are just going a little overboard with the Fawful stuff, and it's annoying that they are acting like he's 100% going to be in these games or else they'll set Nintendo on Fire.

I personally don't want to see Fawful in this game. I love him, don't get me wrong, but I don't feel like he would be someone that many people would draw with besides the small community of Fawful fans. Likewise, I don't think that he would get many appeals in a 3D game for his looks. I know that "you can just pick someone else if you don't like it", but I'm pretty sure that Nintendo would want to at least please the majority of fans. Plus, I think that they would have an easier time creating sprites from pre-existing 3D models of characters rather than trying to add all an RPG character that was not a full 3D model.

Dry Bones fanatic said:

less then that actually.

only time i remember rpg characters being in a non rpg mario game was like mario party 5 with the star sprites or whatever.

@cryo:

oh well, that's just what i assummed. Goes to show ya, you shouldn't assume all the time haha.

Although i can agree, a lot of fawful fans are a bit off the wall about it.

cryoAwakening said:
Dry Bones fanatic said:

Dunno where you got that statistic...

Zae said:

It's not really that, it's mostly just the attitude of so many fawful fans all over the place like Youtube and Miiverse that are just going a little overboard with the Fawful stuff, and it's annoying that they are acting like he's 100% going to be in these games or else they'll set Nintendo on Fire.

I personally don't want to see Fawful in this game. I love him, don't get me wrong, but I don't feel like he would be someone that many people would draw with besides the small community of Fawful fans. Likewise, I don't think that he would get many appeals in a 3D game for his looks. I know that "you can just pick someone else if you don't like it", but I'm pretty sure that Nintendo would want to at least please the majority of fans. Plus, I think that they would have an easier time creating sprites from pre-existing 3D models of characters rather than trying to add all an RPG character that was not a full 3D model.
>small

There is quite a few of us. And I don't think anyone would set Nintendo on fire if he didn't get in. If that was the case, some fool would have already done it.
DCI Gene Hunt said:
fawful is a terrible character
That's even less true than XB1's chances of success

NSY said:
DCI Gene Hunt said:
Geno said:
what's the problem with Fawful?

fawful is a terrible character
why?

he has a really stupid gimmick and next to no personality otherwise, yet has a hell of a lot of fans, for some reason. he's not even a good or interesting villain.

don't you people get enough engrish on the internet?

but i digress, the topic here is not fawful. personally i'm looking forward to this game, it looks pretty awesome.

MnSG, you can't go by Train or Bus then?

King Antasma said:
Geno said:
Whoa, chill out bro.

Notice they have not shown any newcomers yet. So he still might get in.

also FYI I'm not lord spongeful anymore.

I know you not spongeful anymore, but I'll always remember you as such.

If fawful is a newcomer in MK8, I will eat my hat. If he's not, I will just say I told you so.

Ooh I want more F-Zero cameo vehicles. One for each weight class would be nice. Especially considering we're going through corkscrews and going upside down and whatnot.

Back